Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
goukisg

Renovating Contractor (no Id Listing)

I have been to quite some ID houses and so-called contractors.

I always have this image :

ID shops look like those below HDB, nicely decorated and a person will be ready to do space planning for you and so on.

Contractor shops in oloo places like industrial estates and asking what you want, what things you want them to do.

But it doesnt seem to be the case. Either shops I went looks... the same. The only difference maybe is ID give rendering and contractors give 2D drawing. So i assumed the difference in price is the "rendering cost" then.

Comments from anyone?

Any contractors to recommend too?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have been to quite some ID houses and so-called contractors.

I always have this image :

ID shops look like those below HDB, nicely decorated and a person will be ready to do space planning for you and so on.

Contractor shops in oloo places like industrial estates and asking what you want, what things you want them to do.

But it doesnt seem to be the case. Either shops I went looks... the same. The only difference maybe is ID give rendering and contractors give 2D drawing. So i assumed the difference in price is the "rendering cost" then.

Comments from anyone?

Any contractors to recommend too?

Basically, i dun trust those IDs.....

you mention about ID shops below HDB.... those are the worst kind....

just look at those ppl in the ID shops.... they look more like young Ah Bengs to me.... i cant imagine they can be knowledgable in interior designs, creative ideas and technical construction details.

the best is go for contractors and look for those experienced ones (Uncle type). You must have some ideas of your own about the renovation and tell contractors what u want.

i will PM you my contractor. He is currently doing my home, and i dun earn anything from recommending.

hehe..... young Ah bengs. Thanks for the recommendation, I will go check him out. A bit late in ronovating liao.... hopefully Can start at end of the month after HDB finish their crappy Parquet flooring

ID or contractor, it is just a title. I would prefer to call them project manager, the PIC to go to for any matters. Just like in insurance, people nowadays call themselves finanical consultant/planner, but they are still selling insurance products.

ID or contractor, it is just a title. I would prefer to call them project manager, the PIC to go to for any matters. Just like in insurance, people nowadays call themselves finanical consultant/planner, but they are still selling insurance products.

u sound like u r related to them :P

u sound like u r related to them :P

???

Real ID - expensive. Contractor/Any other ID - everywhere.

My sister went to one ID contractor at Yishun HDB shop, their attitude was good when serving you..but on the day of installation, not punctual at all..and they can tell you it's on their way...and my sister booked the appointment at 11am..guess what, they never turn up around 4pm..so my sister call the lady in charge again, and she told her the same excuses again and again...they're on their way..my sister replied:"forget the deal'! HDB Contractor..phobia..

Basically, i dun trust those IDs.....

you mention about ID shops below HDB.... those are the worst kind....

just look at those ppl in the ID shops.... they look more like young Ah Bengs to me.... i cant imagine they can be knowledgable in interior designs, creative ideas and technical construction details.

the best is go for contractors and look for those experienced ones (Uncle type). You must have some ideas of your own about the renovation and tell contractors what u want.

i will PM you my contractor. He is currently doing my home, and i dun earn anything from recommending.

hi donut88,

can PM me your contractor ?

Thanks

I have also posted a similar thread in renotalk.com. Heres the list so far for those who needs:

1. Ah Keong (ex ho bee) - 81275147

2. Impress21 (But really look like ID shop) - Henry

3. Nam Hin Bee Kee - Alan Neo 98568258

To donut88 : Thanks for the PM

Edited by goukisg