Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gidler

Creating A "little" Home For "little" Ones..

the plans are really really beautiful.

and seems very easy to maintain!

Hi patsy_sg,

I certainly hope so on the maintenance part. In fact, one of the key design criteria thrown to the ID is ease of maintenance. So things like pebble stones and water feature is a no no.. No choice, have to make life easier for my full time homemaker wife.. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi patsy_sg,

I certainly hope so on the maintenance part. In fact, one of the key design criteria thrown to the ID is ease of maintenance. So things like pebble stones and water feature is a no no.. No choice, have to make life easier for my full time homemaker wife.. ;)

hi gidler, take it from a lao char bor... the easier the house is to maintain, the happier your wife will be when you get home!!! :D

Haiz,

Been quite a while since my last update. Too busy with work and a little lazy recently.. :P

Anyway, there isn't too many things happening this week as the tiling work is on going. As of now, all the wet works are completed and starting of plastering work.. here comes the pic..

The tiles in the living room are white and with line patterns, but I didn't get the chance to see the effect as it was covered with cardboard. My ID told me this is to protect my flooring..

DSCF0001.jpg

My dining and kitchen has a dark tiles for contrasting with living room

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

A clearer picture of common bath area

DSCF0009.jpg

I finally get to see the effect of using the sunk in area of my bath room as storage shelf

DSCF0011.jpg

My master bathroom mosaic is also up

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

Actually, after viewing all my picture, I just realize there's too much grey tone for my house.. Wonder if I can lighten the "mood" through light and bright paint colors.. haha..

Also gotten my first quote on electrical works, its amazingly HIGH.. Oh well, now begins my hunt for cheap and good electrician.. any recommendations pls? :bow:

Went to do some aircon shopping today.. but ended up buying mattress and lightings..

Somehow, I don't feel comfortable after the lighting purchase together with my ID.. can someone please tell me if I'm being "chopped":

Item

6 x of 3W LED light (w driver and holder) - S$286.24

5 x PLC*2 26W (square holder, ballast*2) - S$258.40

25 x PLC*2 18W (square holder, ballast*2) - S$1008.22

2 x PLC*2 13W (square holder, ballast*2) - S$76.40

5 x T5 28W (w E.Ballast) - S$134.80

5 x T5 21W (w E.Ballast) - S$134.82

4 x Halogen Light 50W (rectangle holder, 2 bulb ea) - S$286.32

4 x PLC*2 E.Ballast 18W - S$205.44

2 x PLC*2 E.Ballast 26W - S$102.72

12 x T8*2 E.Ballast 36W - S$458.40

Total cost S$3100 (w GST).

There a total of 6 LED and 47 PLC downlight. If I average it out, it cost me S$50 / light.. Is this the normal cost? :help::help:

The light cost already burst my budget even without any purchase of feature lights..

Went to do some aircon shopping today.. but ended up buying mattress and lightings..

Somehow, I don't feel comfortable after the lighting purchase together with my ID.. can someone please tell me if I'm being "chopped":

Item

6 x of 3W LED light (w driver and holder) - S$286.24

5 x PLC*2 26W (square holder, ballast*2) - S$258.40

25 x PLC*2 18W (square holder, ballast*2) - S$1008.22

2 x PLC*2 13W (square holder, ballast*2) - S$76.40

5 x T5 28W (w E.Ballast) - S$134.80

5 x T5 21W (w E.Ballast) - S$134.82

4 x Halogen Light 50W (rectangle holder, 2 bulb ea) - S$286.32

4 x PLC*2 E.Ballast 18W - S$205.44

2 x PLC*2 E.Ballast 26W - S$102.72

12 x T8*2 E.Ballast 36W - S$458.40

Total cost S$3100 (w GST).

There a total of 6 LED and 47 PLC downlight. If I average it out, it cost me S$50 / light.. Is this the normal cost? :help::help:

The light cost already burst my budget even without any purchase of feature lights..

Hi Gidler,

I brought my PLC downlight for $25 each from Chelsea, maybe yours is Europe brand? :unsure:

Hi Gidler,

I brought my PLC downlight for $25 each from Chelsea, maybe yours is Europe brand? :unsure:

Hi PiePie,

I'm quite sure it's not Europe, cos there's a tag that says "ROC", which I assume it means Republic of China. May I know your downlight is single tube or double tube? Are there different prices for different wattages? Does the PLC comes with its own ballast? Sorry to throw you so many question as I'm gathering facts before I "bark" back at my ID.. :curse:

The detail unit price breakdown of my PLC read something like this:

(Holder Model) (PLC Model)

[OU 8226 SC PLC#1] * [PLC26(CW) + Ballast(PLC)#2] - S$51.68

[OU 8118 SC PLC#1] * [PLCT18(CW) + Ballast#1] - S$28.89

[OU 8218 SC PLC#1] * [PLC18(CW) + Ballast#2] - S$42.69

[OU 8218 WH PLC#1] * [PLC13(CW) + Ballast#2] - S$38.20

You can tell that the price varies according to single/double tube, wattage & type of lighting (White Light vs Daylight).

Hi PiePie,

I'm quite sure it's not Europe, cos there's a tag that says "ROC", which I assume it means Republic of China. May I know your downlight is single tube or double tube? Are there different prices for different wattages? Does the PLC comes with its own ballast? Sorry to throw you so many question as I'm gathering facts before I "bark" back at my ID.. :curse:

The detail unit price breakdown of my PLC read something like this:

(Holder Model) (PLC Model)

[OU 8226 SC PLC#1] * [PLC26(CW) + Ballast(PLC)#2] - S$51.68

[OU 8118 SC PLC#1] * [PLCT18(CW) + Ballast#1] - S$28.89

[OU 8218 SC PLC#1] * [PLC18(CW) + Ballast#2] - S$42.69

[OU 8218 WH PLC#1] * [PLC13(CW) + Ballast#2] - S$38.20

You can tell that the price varies according to single/double tube, wattage & type of lighting (White Light vs Daylight).

erm... tink u kena chopped liao. i bought my 5.5" PLC at $23 or so nia. It comes with double-tubed 20W Osram with Atco ballast. Same price regardless white or warm. price should not vary too much with wattage. the shop that my ID brought me to selling at $35+ so we went around and sourced on our own. does your price include installation? Its usually separate charge of $6-8 per light.

erm... tink u kena chopped liao. i bought my 5.5" PLC at $23 or so nia. It comes with double-tubed 20W Osram with Atco ballast. Same price regardless white or warm. price should not vary too much with wattage. the shop that my ID brought me to selling at $35+ so we went around and sourced on our own. does your price include installation? Its usually separate charge of $6-8 per light.

Arghhhhh.... :furious::furious::furious:

Was busy traveling for the past week and didn't have time to update my blog.. :P

There are quite a few things done up since last update. The tiling has completed, plastering also done, citygas pipe done, rewiring work 80% completed and aircon piping done. Right now it's in the midst of doing up false ceiling. Let's take a took..

For electrical work, we got a total of 3 quotes and the current contractor gave the lowest pricing, even lower than what Eric (famous in this forum) quoted.

Location of elec DB (will be concealed in shoe cabinet)

DSCF0022.jpg

Just some of the messy lighting and electrical pts (at last count, I have 61 light pts, 12 single and 14 double power pts)

DSCF0023.jpg

We requested for conceal wiring, as much as possible

DSCF0025.jpg

This is how they do it for some of the switch points

DSCF0034.jpg

After 3 attempts (they failed to turn up) and numerous complains to Citygas, we finally get the gas pipe installed for the cooker and dryer. As of now, I can only say I have very bad experience with Citygas. :curse:

Looking at the pipe and switch position, I think we are going to have a problem mounting washing machine, dryer and storage heater at the same location :help::help:

DSCF0027.jpg

(By the way, if you notice my wet kitchen casement window has been replaced with sliding. Managed to find a contractor that gave lower quote than Wellmax, which is famous in the forum)

The installing of false ceiling is going on now

DSCF0026.jpg

They are going to box up my old aircon lobang as well as the "dunno for what purpose" ledge window

DSCF0036.jpg

Now comes the most headache part, aircon trunking. Gain City installed the trunking last week when I'm out of town. As a result, I did not have the chance to supervise and only get to "scrutinize" the work over the weekend.

They have to remove a window panel in order to mount the bracket. According to them, this is the recommended way by HDB as the outside wall on my unit is not suitable for mounting. Got a shock when I first saw the "damage"

DSCF0035.jpg

I think we have to box up the area to cover the ugly bracket and pipe.

Out of the four split unit, I notice 2 of them have individual black insulator for the copper pipes

DSCF0037.jpg

However, the other 2 has a single black insulator with 2 copper pipes

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Looking at the oversize insulator, I do not think the insulation is properly done.

I do not understand the rationale. Moreover, I notice the wording on the insulator is different

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

Now my biggest questions are am I being short changed for shoddy installation work and paying extra for upgrading to G22 and 0.5" insulation. Have already lodge a call with Gain City and they will come down to explain the installation work.

Anyone can offer any suggestion or opinion on this? :help:

Edited by gidler

impressive 3D pix!!!!

very very nice!

i really like your kitchen...cos it's always my dream to hv a wet & dry kitchen!

look 4ward to see your completed hse ;)

impressive 3D pix!!!!

very very nice!

i really like your kitchen...cos it's always my dream to hv a wet & dry kitchen!

look 4ward to see your completed hse ;)

Thanks! Haiz, that's what my wife wanted too.. kitchen is her "territory".. :D

you going to mount your washer? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

No no.. the intention is to put washer on the floor but wall mount the gas dryer (mid section) and storage heater (top section). But seems like the gas pipe position is going to pose a challenge for me.. sigh..

Hi, can I know which contractor you have engaged for your windows and is their workmanship.

From the comments I read for wellmax, it appear that they have quality workmanship.

Hi, can I know which contractor you have engaged for your windows and is their workmanship.

From the comments I read for wellmax, it appear that they have quality workmanship.

Have PM you the contractor.