Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eudora

Ikea Pax Wardrobe Quality

Hi guys, I am interested in getting the Pax wardrobe with sliding doors one... mainly because I only need it for a period of around 2 years... my budget is 1k, sliding doors/mirror... are there other alternatives?

My worry is because I will be moving around during that 2 years period, is the Pax wardrobe going to be good enough to be moved around? heard the quality is not so gd...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

IKEA does give warranty to their wardrobe, I think is 15 yrs if I am not wrong :unsure:

However, that provides you don't dismantle it and move around. In fact, once you assemble the wardrobe, try not to move it, else it may give way very soon. Wardrobe is just plywood, not solid enough to handle house moving. Try to look around for better quality wardrobe.

I bought a 2 door sliding door + mirror wardrobe in AMK, $900 only. The frame is naytoh wood, very heavy, better than plywood. Might be able to move around 1 or 2 times.

IKEA does give warranty to their wardrobe, I think is 15 yrs if I am not wrong :unsure:

However, that provides you don't dismantle it and move around. In fact, once you assemble the wardrobe, try not to move it, else it may give way very soon. Wardrobe is just plywood, not solid enough to handle house moving. Try to look around for better quality wardrobe.

I bought a 2 door sliding door + mirror wardrobe in AMK, $900 only. The frame is naytoh wood, very heavy, better than plywood. Might be able to move around 1 or 2 times.

Got pics of the wardrobe? cos i really like the pax design just worried abt the quality...

I will install in my room for around 2 months before shipping it overseas with me... so i was hoping for a better quality one

In this case, I would suggest you buy from local IKEA if there is one. Or any other furniture store over there?

This is the external pix of the wardrobe. I didn't take any pix on the internal structure.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn3/yok.../12-04-08_3.jpg

It has 3 hanging rods. 2 on the LHS, I used them to hang my long/short sleeves, the other one my pants/jeans/shorts. 1 rod on the RHS, for my long dresses. It has a drawer. On the upper section of the wardrobe are 2 big shelves.

In this case, I would suggest you buy from local IKEA if there is one. Or any other furniture store over there?

This is the external pix of the wardrobe. I didn't take any pix on the internal structure.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn3/yok.../12-04-08_3.jpg

It has 3 hanging rods. 2 on the LHS, I used them to hang my long/short sleeves, the other one my pants/jeans/shorts. 1 rod on the RHS, for my long dresses. It has a drawer. On the upper section of the wardrobe are 2 big shelves.

wah it looks quite nice to me actually.. lol... but if get like this means I cannot move already then assemble on my own right?

Well, if you buy from that shop, they will deliver and assemble it in your house for you, all included in the cost, in Singapore lah :P

I do not know how you can disassemble it and ship overseas yourself. Maybe you can still ring that shop to arrange for their workers to disassemble it, at extra cost I think :unsure: But after you are in overseas, everything will be on your own.