Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enz

Rectangular Place Of Mine

nice lightings, very zen accent leh..seem like everything going on well for you :good:

btw, how much that cushion? is the cover washable?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
nice lightings, very zen accent leh..seem like everything going on well for you :good:

btw, how much that cushion? is the cover washable?

Thanks ! The cushion is between 33-35 dollars from Tangs. i think it is washable, but i recommend hand washing it though.

Today was a very very sad day.

All the piping was up on friday. We went by today to check out our place. To our horror, our ikea stainless steel self in the common toilet was fixed WRONGLY !!! 8|8| NOW WE HAD extra 4 HOLES IN THE COMMON TOILET WALL !!! :jawdrop::( We were thinking whether to change the tiles. Our contractor claimed that if we take the affected tiles down, it would affect the other tiles. They applied white cement on the holes and painted it white. My HTB was very very pissed off by it. However we did not want the other tiles to be affected and we were also worried it might look even uglier. So we decided to live with it, since this area will be covered by towels. (Definitely will ask for a discount on this. ) Frankly, i do not think that my contractor was good at installing bathroom appliances, the mirror in my common toilet was a bit off center not very align to the basin, :furious: but it was quite minor so i decided to let it go.

They decided to install the bathroom accessories in the master bathroom today. Everything was going okay until the glass shelf which was to be installed beneath the mirror. The uncle installing it apparently drilled the left hole lower than the right and the glass shelf was crooked :furious::( . MY POOR POOR TILE. Then he decided to drill the left side again and this time, it was slightly higher than the right. I WAS SERIOUS VERY PISSED OFF AND TIRED... Not only that, he also dented the holders while screwing them into the wall. I refused to accept this. I could close one eye for the not ideal straight balanced glass shelf but i cannot take the dents. Called the contractor and tell him to change, no way am i going to accept this. Furthermore, the plating on the tap that was installed in my master bathroom peeled off, and other tap apparently was delivered damaged. :furious:8|8|

I dunno should i accept the holes in the tiles or should i change. What do you guys think?

Today was a very very sad day.

All the piping was up on friday. We went by today to check out our place. To our horror, our ikea stainless steel self in the common toilet was fixed WRONGLY !!! 8|8| NOW WE HAD extra 4 HOLES IN THE COMMON TOILET WALL !!! :jawdrop::( We were thinking whether to change the tiles. Our contractor claimed that if we take the affected tiles down, it would affect the other tiles. They applied white cement on the holes and painted it white. My HTB was very very pissed off by it. However we did not want the other tiles to be affected and we were also worried it might look even uglier. So we decided to live with it, since this area will be covered by towels. (Definitely will ask for a discount on this. ) Frankly, i do not think that my contractor was good at installing bathroom appliances, the mirror in my common toilet was a bit off center not very align to the basin, :furious: but it was quite minor so i decided to let it go.

They decided to install the bathroom accessories in the master bathroom today. Everything was going okay until the glass shelf which was to be installed beneath the mirror. The uncle installing it apparently drilled the left hole lower than the right and the glass shelf was crooked :furious::( . MY POOR POOR TILE. Then he decided to drill the left side again and this time, it was slightly higher than the right. I WAS SERIOUS VERY PISSED OFF AND TIRED... Not only that, he also dented the holders while screwing them into the wall. I refused to accept this. I could close one eye for the not ideal straight balanced glass shelf but i cannot take the dents. Called the contractor and tell him to change, no way am i going to accept this. Furthermore, the plating on the tap that was installed in my master bathroom peeled off, and other tap apparently was delivered damaged. :furious:8|8|

I dunno should i accept the holes in the tiles or should i change. What do you guys think?

You should call your contractor and ask him to change the tiles for you. I experience the same senario as you as the sub-contrator fix up the towel holder without asking for our opinion on the position. We called the main con. and asked him to change the tiles for us and they did so :)

the 4 holes is actually not tat bad, since they were hidden by the rod + i can hide them further using towels.

the dents in the glass shelf is something i cannot accept.. actually the dents were caused by forcefully screwing down big headed screws that were oversize. i'll get a new piece no matter what.

the 4 holes is actually not tat bad, since they were hidden by the rod + i can hide them further using towels.

the dents in the glass shelf is something i cannot accept.. actually the dents were caused by forcefully screwing down big headed screws that were oversize. i'll get a new piece no matter what.

Hi enz,

I think you should insist to your contractor to change the tiles for u... For me, we also faced similar problem before. But ours are not related to drilling.. Basically, tiler did not check carefully and we discovered tt two pieces of the tiles colour tone were slightly dimmer than the others. we asked ID to ask tiler to change it.

Tiler claimed tt it'll affect the surrounding tiles... but ID & us insisted as it really looks ugly. So finally, they replaced the tiles for us.. no prob so far. tiles not affected. I guess it also depends on tiler skills.

IMO, if we do not insist to change, then we live to regret n grumble over any imperfections in future.

I'm facing problems over my kitchen & you'r facing problems over your toilets.. Renovations is all abt problems? Stress man... ;)

Yup, I think you should have the tiles changed too. Wall tiling is one of the most expensive part of the renovation process. Since you have paid a high price for it, you deserve to have it done properly. When they say cannot do, it simply means too troublesome for them... 8|

The tilers have special tool to cut out the affected tiles along the joints. After removing the tiles, they would paste a new piece back into the hole and fill up the joints with grouts again. Can't tell the difference from the rest of the tiles.

Ours was overlaying on top of the old tiles. We were afraid that this will affect the old tiles and cause unevenness. Our contractor claimed that the replaced tiles will look different and might be uglier. It may not be worth it for ust 4 small holes. My HTB think it is not worth the risk as do my parents. I guess i have to live with it. :(

Finally, my renovation was completed on Thursday :dancingqueen: . Now i left the major painting job to be done by me, HTB and my dad and of course cleaning.

My HTB found scratches on our worktop in our kitchen. Really sad :( but there was nothing much we can do since it was left behind by the ex owner and we planned not to change it. Furthermore, it would be very hard to replace. We guessed it was probably scratched during the tiling process 8|8| but no point pointing fingers at the contractor. No way he can find the same tile to replace it. I guess i would have to hunt for nice table runners or cloth to cover it.

Oh i took a picture of the patched up holes in the tiles. I hope it is not too obvious.

image151hf5.th.jpg

Our MBR floor was up and in good condition , though the old wood looks slight darker than the new ones.

image152ur5.th.jpg

Our one and only aircon was up and running on thursday.

image153th5.th.jpg

Instead of having sofa, we decided to go for tatami mats which we think is more cooling and easy to maintain compared to leather. Though, i really really envy everyone's sofa in the t blog, too bad i dun have the money :( . Anyway, I love the grassy smell from the tatami, so it is still a good asset. I forgot to take a pic of it when we lay them out. Hope you guys can wait till the next update.

image154ta4.th.jpg

image155ie1.th.jpg

hello all

its been a long time since i last updated...

well, nothing much had happened since the last update, typically its painting time..bought a few tins of paint to paint up the house, had not finish yet so no pictures for that..din know that preparing to paint is such a hassle, so many patching up to do, so many sanding to do, and still got to clean up after that, so tiring.

Discovered that the previous owner did not sand down the door before they coat a new paint for the MBR and storeroom doors, so the paint could be peeled off since it could not stick on to the previous paint coat..OMG, why din they have some common sense? 8|8| now i got to scrape off a coat of paint to put my new coat on..or anybody has any better suggestions? was scraping almost 2 hrs today, and only managed 1/2 a door. plan to electric sand the whole paint off..

anyway, let me show ya my bi-fold doors, cost $260 each, which IMO is quite expensive for a bifold. but looks rather good, there isnt any bottom track, my contractor assures me that its good quality, how true is that, well only time can tell. :dunno::dunno:

common toilet bifold

only top frame

dsc00271ao1.th.jpg

no bottom track

dsc00272qa2.th.jpg

MBR toilet bi-fold

dsc00269vu5.th.jpg

dsc00270mv8.th.jpg

btw, we made the contractor change both the bi-folds for us, because the first time it came up, its full of deep scratches..

Edited by enz

hi is this stainless steel or aluminium?

looks good and px is ok

its aluminium. is there stainless steel bi-fold?

probably not stainless steel per se

cos i mixed it up with stainless steel door frames

and then there are modular bifold doors comprising stainless steel, aluminium etc

cos the ID that did my friends place tried to snook him

Edited by SmartFool

time for some updates again

I've just completed my main door lock, but not without troubles as well.

Well, i brought my existing lock to the shop, and bought a total replacement. on fixing the new one, the existing door holes on the door frame do not really align, thus resulting in the door able to close but cannot lock.

Haiz, spent some arm power and precious time to file the hole to the correct alignment. here's the results.

dsc00273cs5.th.jpg

dsc00274mp9.th.jpg

Hello, time to give the last few updates to my blog before i move in.

some picture updates.

my mbr with the expensive mattress and bed. pasting that cherry blossoms on the walls nearly killed my wife and me! tore a few pieces but lucky still ends up quite well. :D:D

image174qd8.th.jpg

my mbr curtain that is bought from bkk

image175qm9.th.jpg

mbr relax corner.

image190wt5.th.jpg

mbr shower screen bought from bkk

image191jx8.th.jpg

my living room tatami, a little messy cos we havent really clear things up yet.

image176pl6.th.jpg

living room painted wall.

image179gt8.th.jpg

forgot to take another wall where we painted another picture on it, i'll leave it to next update

living room 3X3 divider from scanteak.

image181zv2.th.jpg

bedroom 2, a little blank at this time cos wife wana grow plants here.

image177ed2.th.jpg

bedroom 1, guest room with bed. dunno what to do with that table on the extreme right. anybody wana buy? :P:P

image178li3.th.jpg

main door + gates.

image182tf1.th.jpg

kitchen cab with stickers pasted.

image186qh8.th.jpg

f&p washing machine + fridge

image187wm3.th.jpg

finally going to move in soon. hope wun get delayed again.