Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gosaldar

Reno @ Bukit Batok

:-)

Actually I prefer those bigger vanity top. But bathroom size limit what we can get :(

hey, i juz saw that you have the same basin (not the glass one) as me!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi gosaldar, wow... can c tt u really put in effort to do ur renovation phase by phase..

I also din took up any renovation loan. The tot of the high interest rate put-me off. We also prefer to pay by cash. But its really stress, afraid of making wrong decision & our effort goes into the drain. We also din like to compromise on the quality. so we make sure tt our place will be defects free before we shift in. My renovation is still on going. but so far, we managed to solve all problems and ID is also prompt in getting tiler to replace any defects. But now I'm facing problems for my kitchen cabinets.. Moreover its a no-choice thing tt we have to compromise due to insufficient space... Headache.. So now instead of sourcing for sofa, I'm actually searching for pics of kitchen from other forumers... Heehee.

Btw, I read up from this forum. S&C Furniture is also quite popular... U can also drop by at their showroom to take a look at their sofa. I think its at AMK.

Btw, I read up from this forum. S&C Furniture is also quite popular... U can also drop by at their showroom to take a look at their sofa. I think its at AMK.

Indeed S&C is very popular here and I have bought my dining set from them. But then, would advise not to expect much in their showroom which I think is quite small. Better to shop around first, looking at design of furniture at various places before paying S&C a visit. Cause most of their products are inside catelogues. And be prepared to wait for a month or so for the goods to be made to order and delivered.

Thanks for the tips. I've bought my dining table and sofa from "The Home Merchant". They are closing down their showroom at IFC (going to concentrate on trading), hence have a great sale. I got a very solid extendable teak wood dining table for only $300 :deal: . I also got a 3 seater (so-so in the design) sofa for $200. The sofa I think just for temporary. Want to save money to buy a good leather sofa in the future. Haven't bought any coffee-table nor tv-console.

Also got damage from buying a bunk-bed (metal, below Queen size, top Single size) from HDB neighbourhood furniture shop. Total damage (with mattress) is $720.

Arghh... :furious: Still lots of thing to buy. Door knobs (and lock-set), curtain railing, etc....

Wallet very dry already.... :help:

Indeed S&C is very popular here and I have bought my dining set from them. But then, would advise not to expect much in their showroom which I think is quite small. Better to shop around first, looking at design of furniture at various places before paying S&C a visit. Cause most of their products are inside catelogues. And be prepared to wait for a month or so for the goods to be made to order and delivered.
Edited by gosaldar

Yesterday get a contractor (recommended by KDK) to install 2 ventilation fans (15WHPA).

Quote me $320 each. Quite expensive (see thread by mace). But since I don't have time for DIY, and it seems the price is about there when getting contractor (after reading several threads), so I don't bother to find more quotation. Will negotiate more bigger item, and close one eye for cheaper items.

Today having lunch at Anchor Point. So drop by Ikea to buy NORBO drop-leaf table ($59) to use in the kitchen. The idea is fantastic :)

Edited by gosaldar

Just check my house over the lunch time. Morning they have clear up the debries and this afternoon will be chemical cleaning.

I take same picture before left with my mobile phone. Some pictures are stitched with software (hence the distortion).

Generally satisfied. Except that the carpentry work seems to take ages.

Here are the pics:

Master Bed Room

Entrance

Living Room

Ventilation fan

Mini Server room

Behind the TV console

Bedroom light

Toilet & Balcony light

My kitchen cabinet he say will take 2 weeks plus. :jawdrop:

Anyway, I'll move in this friday. So, for a week I won't have kitchen.

Today they'll finish the painitng touch-up.

Tomorrow will be the wardrobe & aircon-blower.

Thursday will be more touch-up. And delivery of eletrical appliances.

Almost there..... :rolleyes:

Same here. Hopefully, my carpentry will be good.

Additional damage

1. Henckel Twin Cuisine knives set ($600)
  2. $99 normal vacuum cleaner. No more money to buy nice Karcher
  3. Abloy locks ($650)

Additional damage
  1. Henckel Twin Cuisine knives set ($600)
  2. $99 normal vacuum cleaner. No more money to buy nice Karcher
  3. Abloy locks ($650)

Hi gosaldar,

May I enquire where you've purchased your Abloy locks from?

Already move in :D

Moving house is very tiring business.

Now waiting for Roy to get the Kitchen Cabinet installed on Thursday.

After that I'll post more photos.

Directly from Assa Abloy (Ubi Ave).

Bloody far away. Before u get there, (if u replacing ur current deadbolt) make sure u note the current deadbolt model number, or measure the dimensions (such as centre to the edge of door, etc). there are too many types of locks.

Hi gosaldar,

May I enquire where you've purchased your Abloy locks from?

Directly from Assa Abloy (Ubi Ave).

Bloody far away. Before u get there, (if u replacing ur current deadbolt) make sure u note the current deadbolt model number, or measure the dimensions (such as centre to the edge of door, etc). there are too many types of locks.

Thanks v much, gosaldar! :sport-smiley-004:

Hmm, when last week Roy get his guy to install the kitchen cabinet, that means it is just kitchen cabinet. So, no work-top yet :(

Gotta wait till this Saturday before having the Solid-Surface installed.

Also got to change my sink tap, since we just realize the model we purchase is too tall (my clearance from the sink to the top dish-drainer is only 50cm.

Still too tired to get more photo :P

This post is a note for myself. Basically in list down the "best" stuff that I've come across during my research for reno.

Air Purifier: IQAir

Pitcher Water filter: CleanSui

Fridge: Sub-Zero

Hoods (circulation): Fujioh

Hobs: De-Dietrich (Induction) & Rinnai (Gas)

Oven: Miele (Pyrolitic)

Knife: Zwilling-Henckels (Miyabi)

Washing-Machine: LG (Steam Direct Drive)

TV: Sharp Aquos