Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TroPIcaL

List Of Ids Who Are Cheap And Good

i think the few IDs who complain in here are just too stress to think straight.. so lets not add on to their fustration and let them be la.. sooner or later they will just realise watever they type here probably isnt going to change anything.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow, so much discussion about ID's and their work here wor. For me i believe price is not everything bah... I would rather pay a slight premium for a good contractor then one who saves on his promises but does not deliver... If i can click with the Id or contractor, then we shall proceed. If not i just tell them off nicely before i make them commit in doing something for me. Wait i kenna curse for nothing, hee. I got a bad experience myself before so hopefully Tropical and the rest understands consumers mind thoughs bah... Will the good ID please stand up? :bath:

Edited by Fann

I think it's a chicken or egg issue. Owner can complain ID service no good so I think it's fair to let IDs to vent their fustrations here too. Afterall, how many of us here as a consumer to said that we are not difficult customer? At the same time, how many of IDs here can said that you can provide a very good service and do the project with your heart but not so much on the dollar and cents?

Nobody is perfect, if customer don't trouble you how you will get the opportunity to earn? If you are not difficult and squeeze the ID too much then why would the IDs would serve you not well?

Every trade will have their fair share of black sheep so it's the same as consumer part.

So where's the list of ID which is cheap & good?

I starting to love this Tropical guy... too stress i guess. This forum is just short of the 'flamming' I used to see a decade ago.

Now I wonder wher I can get cheap good reno contractors.... definitely not from Tropical.. coz he is an ID guy himself..

ids are like property agents, taxi drivers, insurance agents and etc.. gt gd n bad ma.. but i think those 2 posted here are consider.... :dunno: cos they showed poor attitudes and services in this forum..(my opinion la)

i once tries to reject 1 id, she told me to reconsider.. i mentioned i don wanna waste her time.. but she told me its not waste her time(thats her job.. anyway all the ids i went told me that i am not wasting their times).. she just wan a fair chance as she noes i like her designs more den the other firms and her designs are handdrawn somemore(becos of price difference.. :) ).. she showed her professionalism and sincererity to me.. (btw i went to 3 firms nia.. so not those bad customers.. haha) in the end i engaged her.. cantona7 mentioned her earlier on.. no brainers.. which was the bad customer fuss.. lolz..

so i think every lines gt black sheeps.. and also bad customers... part n puzzle of life...

y not try to put yrself in the customers shoes when u go buy 20-30k above thingy? of cos u wann the best ma

y not try to put yrself in the ids shoes? they produce services..don waste their times la if u r not serious...

Y not quit your job if u don enjoy doing.. ? :)

just my thinkings la.. not aiming anyone here.. :notti:

Edited by yokoyoko

i tink there is no gd IDs or bad IDs nor gd customers or bad customers.

it really depends how the 2 communicate. both muz be professional.

all muz be viewed from diff angles

Don't start. 8|

my bad ... :P hard not to notice he's everywhere.

anyway, i agree every industry has its black sheeps. we as consumers have to do our due diligence to filter them. As for design and service, its still subjective at the end of the day. Its the attititude and commitment we want.

Edited by Jester28

my bad ... :P hard not to notice he's everywhere.

anyway, i agree every industry has its black sheeps. we as consumers have to do our due diligence to filter them. As for design and service, its still subjective at the end of the day. Its the attititude and commitment we want.

There will always be bad IDs and bad customers.

Bottomline is we have to be professional about it and deal with each other fairly.

i.e/ Homeowners - Don't expect all ID to provide u with 3D plan easily. They need time and efford. No commitment, no plan. Fair enough. Not even looking at the computer.

IDs - Don't expect owners to commit to u the very first meeting. Especially if you slap a huge margin in initial quotes. Be sincere with your quotes.

I have following experience:-

1) ID A gave me an initial quote which was at 30% or more than norm

eg/ a) Painting job = $1800 (service provider = $1,400)

b)dismentle 1 built-in wardrobe, simple wall feature in dinning & living halls = $1,100

c) PArquet varnish = $1,100 (service provider =$800)

d) marble floor polish = $1,200 (service provider = $650)

I wanted to do living + dining + MBR, painting, floor polish.

Initially thought their customer service was good so can listen what ideas they have. 2nd meeting ( i went to their office), ask price can negotiate or not., by pointing out the ridiculous cost of floor polish. "No" was the answer. Ask if can show me a 3D prespective, they say doing it. Showed a bit on the computer and say not ready So i ask them to give me a call when the 3D plan is ready to view.

Knn.. waited for 1 week also no call from them.

I only learnt later from friends that ID don't show u 3D plans unless u have sign the contract, or pay for the plan. I didn't know that mah.. tell me u need some consideration (i.e/ $$) from me and I'll decide there & then if I want to go ahead. I also understand there's no such thing as free lunch.

2) ID B - quoted me a replacement cost of $15 per kitchen cabinet handle. I found out later it only cost $5-$7 per handle. Labour charge of $350 to change 2 bathroom mixer & shower heads! :jawdrop: u got to be kidding me.

I thought they r not sincere, so thanks & no thanks, walked out.

May be mine is a small job for a resale condo, unlike extensive reno which cost $50K or more, hence they not interested.

Just sharing my experience.

well...my pity goes to Tropical.

But as a house owner...cant be helped. Its a lifetime thing, so even if it takes 10 IDs to choose the best deal out of it. I will still take it.

Every occupation has its cons.