Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merly

Please Advice On How To Place Sofa In Living Room !

Hi,

I am having some problem placing sofa in my living room. Anyone here can advise?

I would like to install a projector. Initially I would like to place the projector screen together at TV console area as per shown below :

Living Room Floorplan (Original Projector Screen Position)

However, subsequently, I found that the distance from the projector to the projector screen is too short. Thus I would like to change the projector screen to another wall, which could gimme a longer projecting distance.

Living Room Floorplan (Proposed New Projector Screen Position)

However, i have problem placing the sofa. For your info, I have not bought a sofa yet but is contemplating on a set that I like (L shape) which in actual size is a little bit longer than shown in the drawing.

My concern is :

1. How do I place the sofa so that I can sit on the sofa (can be L shape or 2 separate pieces) to view the projector screen and TV (which are at 2 separate direction) without having to move the sofa all the time?

2. How do I place my sofa so that the sofa does not obstruct the view to projector screen?

3. I am thinking of sitting on (to be build) 30cm height platform to view the projector screen instead. However, when sitting on the platform, my head will be hitting against the window grille from behind.

Hope anyone is kind enough to help my solve this problem.....

Here's the floorplan without sofa (with new projector screen position) just in case you need some floorplan from me :

Living Room Floorplan without sofa (New Projector screen position)

For your further information, the Cupboard and the TV Console are fixed. I have some Downlights around and a normal Daylight at the center on the false ceiling on living room area. I have intention to use Full Length Blackout Curtain for Living Room windows, which I will use to cover the window when I am viewing the projector screen (which will solve the bright light problem).

The distance from sofa to original projector screen position is around 3.5 meter. Distance from window to the new projector screen position is a little bit longer than 6 meter. The distance from the end of sofa in the picture (the side that is nearest to the new position of the projector screen) is about 2 meter.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Edited by merly

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation