Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Oppsgal

How To Get A Nice Complexion And Cleaver Child?

Too much of anything is always not good. Have sufficient intake of fish, eggs, tofu etc is more important as having a good health is beneficial to having a healthy baby.

I'm not sure if there's any substantial evidence but i feel having too much of birdnest may actually harm your baby. A friend of mine had birdnest every other day and her baby ended up with very sensitive skin. Of course, formula-feeding may also be a contributing cause but it's better to be safe than sorry. So Birdnest is good to have in moderation, perhaps once or twice a month.

As to your question of having a brainy baby, like what Thomas Edison said, 'Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration'. You'll need alot of hard work to excel in anything. I've seen parents who are hawkers and their children are doctors or lawyers and they don't even take any special herbs when they're pregnant. So having the apt environment and correct values/teachings as well as the right support, they will grow up and excel in their own fields.

So you too will have to work hard in your parenting skills to bring up someone of good character and values.

Just my 2cents!

From what I know, we never get enough, cos even if I try my very best to have a balanced meal, I know it is not sufficient.

The envoirnment plays a big part in growing up, but that comes after the child is born. The very first step begins with the mother eating enough nutrients as the baby can only get it's food from the mother while it is inside. Given enough nutrients, the mother can even get taller during pregency! :o

To me, this is a very important first step....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm first time i hear mother grow taller during pregnancy

i only know women shrink after pregnancy :dunno:

maybe they grow taller coz mummy has to stand up more straight coz of her big belly..heehee..

I heard eating bird nest during developing baby is good for the baby's complexion when born. Does Frog Jelly(Xue-ge) works as well?

How to get a brainy baby? Is there any formula to having one?

Must have enough folate during 1st month of pregnancy for proper neural development. Other nutritional advice can get quiet easily from your gynaecologist's office or at the polyclinics. :deal:

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?...late+(archived)

For baby's complexion, some people swear by breast feeding. I have seen a toddler breast fed by his mom for 2 years, and his complexion glows! But then, the mommy also has good complexion leh, so dunno whether it boils down to genes. :dunno:

For brainy baby... dunno ah. My mom swears by cod liver oil and fish... fed us lots of it when we were growing up. Hee, hee. :P

Personally I find exposure and supportive environment are important too. One of my favourite bloggers recommend the following. :good:

http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2008/06/m...-up-gifted.html

A ex-schoolmate of mine swears by hot-housing during pregnancy. That is, play classical music, read stories, etc to the womb while pregnant. She claims that she did it for her 1st child, and he is very smart. But she regrets not doing it for her 2nd child, whom she felt is not so smart. :bow:

Aiyah, mommy delivered safely and healthy baby is already very good. :sport-smiley-018:

wrt clever baby... I believe that providing a nurturing environment helps. Encourage & give the child the opportunity to explore and grow. Lead by example... if everyone in the family sits down and watches TV all the time, the child learns that watching TV is normal; if everyone in the family reads, the child learns that reading is normal.

Provide a good language environment, hone the child's sense of humour.

I tried it on my child... it's worked so far

maybe they grow taller coz mummy has to stand up more straight coz of her big belly..heehee..

Long time didn't log in to read the forum. During pregnancy, the baby takes whatever nutrients required from the mother. Whatever nutrients the mother provides to the baby forms the basis of the baby's development while in the womb. Hence the importance of optimal nutrition.

One of the minerals that is very important is calcium. Almost all gynae will prescribe calcium supplements for the mother to take during pregnancy. If the calcium intake is not enough for the baby, where get the required calcium? From the mother's bones, hence, as applefreak points out, the mother became shorter after the pregnancy.

The reverse can also happen. If the mother's calcium intake is more than enough for the baby, the excess calcium will be used by the mother to strenghten their bones and even grow taller. This is the second chance for ladies to grow taller after the teenage years. :yamseng: