Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Aiyoh, you are not poor at all lah, can budget 1.5k for your dinning table some more.

My dinning set was $200 from IKEA. My bf was sooo happy when I agreed to buy it. He feels that, wah so cheap for a solid wooden dinning set :bleah:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Aiyoh, you are not poor at all lah, can budget 1.5k for your dinning table some more.

My dinning set was $200 from IKEA. My bf was sooo happy when I agreed to buy it. He feels that, wah so cheap for a solid wooden dinning set :bleah:

bcos we wanted our contractor to build one for us... but well.. if really over budget then dun make loh hehe

I redo my 3rm simplied for abt $33k, almost everything except windows & grilles

flooring

wall tiles for kitchen/bath

some hacking here & thr

rewiring

carpetry works including kitchen, MBR wardrobe, TV console, shoe cabinet, study rm book case, living rm feature wall

I redo my 3rm simplied for abt $33k, almost everything except windows & grilles

flooring

wall tiles for kitchen/bath

some hacking here & thr

rewiring

carpetry works including kitchen, MBR wardrobe, TV console, shoe cabinet, study rm book case, living rm feature wall

wow u got a lot carpentry works.. nice. which ID did you engage??

go for the 1 which suit your budget the most lor..

about the same as Danielray, do about the same and cost 35K

to me not alot of carpentry leh..ok only

wow u got a lot carpentry works.. nice. which ID did you engage??

Tau design

intend to go for streamline look..something like www.poliform.com

Edited by Danielray

Tau design

intend to go for streamline look..something like www.poliform.com

cool.. your house started reno already?

sigh.. there's so much to do for a house. zzzzzz

mine is also a resale flat , there 3 of them that i m eyeing on , now on shortlist , id u want u may pm me , so that i can intro to u ya ....

started hacking work liao

if u hav time, dun mind to coordinate everything yrself & know wat u wan, thn u can get yr own different contractors to do wet works, carpentry, etc, should be cheaper tat way ba

i think 15k-20k may not be enough.

asked around for 5 to 6 quotes to renovate my 3NG resale flat at hougang all quoted me 30k & above. the highest being 44k! contractors were all telling me the same story that cost of raw materials are increasing. :bangwall:

i think 15k-20k may not be enough.

asked around for 5 to 6 quotes to renovate my 3NG resale flat at hougang all quoted me 30k & above. the highest being 44k! contractors were all telling me the same story that cost of raw materials are increasing. :bangwall:

wah thats alot leh!! alot also say their materials are increasing in cost.. thus price may increase soon. all also ask us to tink and sign up (pay deposit) so as to "lock the quoted price"...

i've went ard checking.. if to do my whole 3NG flat inclusive all flooring/wall tiles will be ard 20k too..

Hmm try not to be pressured by those IDs/contractors to sign up immediately to 'lock' in their so called special promotions etc.... sometimes cheap may not necessary be a good thing, but of 'cos that doesn't mean you should break the bank to do your reno.

Take your time to source around for various quotations from different IDs and contractors, compare, and also to see which ID or contractor you are able to 'click' with 'cos that person is the one whom you are gonna be speaking to a lot once the reno starts.

Being on a tight budget, maybe you should try to minimize the built-ins etc for the other major stuffs.. sometimes it's the deco / loose furniture that makes the difference... that adds the personal touch to the place :P

We're having a tough time too comparing the different quotations, keeping in mind what we would like to have and what we can afford... at the end of the day, we want to avoid a situation where we're paying through our teeth from all the loans and debts, and feeling miserable ;)

wow $20K cheap right, most users in this forums reno for $30-40K. Mine floorplan is similar to TS except storeroom in kitchen. But already hack away storeroom, kitchen to living room open concept. I got floorplan but it is different from current flat leh.