Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cyn

Overhead Beams

Hi Mr Chong,

Would appreciate if you could advise on the overhead beams in my Living room & Kitchen. Below are some pics

Overhead Beam at the Kitchen

OverheadBeam-1.jpg

Overhead beam at the Living room before dismantling the Balcony Sliding Door. Will dismantle the door and as my sofa is long, a small part of it will be under the beam. Pls refer to my drawing below.

OverheadBeamL-1.jpg

Below is my layout for my Kitchen & Living Room..

Orange- Position of the Overhead Beams.

Yellow- Location of the Sink. The sink will be directly under the beam- Is it ok?

Light Blue Dot- Position I'll be standing when doing the dishes. Is it ok?

Grey Dot- Stove- To avoid facing the toilet door

**My sofa is long therefore a small portion of it will be under the beam as seen in the drawing- Is it ok?

Plan-1.jpg

Is there any cures? Pls help!!

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Chong,

Would appreciate if you could advise on the overhead beams in my Living room & Kitchen. Below are some pics

Seems like the kitchen pic and the floor plan different. Stove and sink swap places?

Seems like the kitchen pic and the floor plan different. Stove and sink swap places?

Hi Mr Chong!

The kitchen and Living room pics is the current layout of the seller. Will be doing a major reno once I get the keys.. The drawing on the floor plan is what I have in mind for the new layout. Pls advise.

Thanks!

Hi Mr Chong!

The kitchen and Living room pics is the current layout of the seller. Will be doing a major reno once I get the keys.. The drawing on the floor plan is what I have in mind for the new layout. Pls advise.

Thanks!

Hello

I see. Good to have the stove out of the way of the beam. For your new design, can try to get your contractor to flush the beam to the end of the wall of the basin. As for the hollow part, ask him to space out some downlights.

Its alright to have that beam at the balcony.