Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mog004

Lourve Design Associates Pte Ltd

How many branches do they have? Their website puts Balestier, but if I'm not wrong there is one in Yishun Central and Upper Thomson?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
How many branches do they have? Their website puts Balestier, but if I'm not wrong there is one in Yishun Central and Upper Thomson?

Thanks.

Upper Thomson closed a looong time ago.

Do you know why the rest of the branches closed down ?

No idea but I think they are now located somewhere along Balestier.

No idea but I think they are now located somewhere along Balestier.

They presently located at No.507 Balestier Road, very close to the "Kwan Yin Temple" if you know balestier well. :yamseng:

Any comments on Lourve ID: http://www.lourve.com.sg/ ? I did search on forum, only found 2 threads which were posted 2005/2007.

I'd like to know the service and workmanship as i want to reno almost my whole flat.

I’m a Taiwanese working in Singapore. My husband and I just got our new home renovated, but realized the renovation company used “ FAKE” Paint. We felt really helpless and has no one to turn to. Just want to share my story.

The company we chose is "Lourve” and they are not cheap. :curse:

the designer is called Dennis and when we discussed about what paint to be used, we specifically chose ICI "light and space" and "all in one", to be painted in the kitchen and all other walls respectively. Then he quoted us $1700 for the area of 1400 sqft.

I am very particular about the paint because I’m very sensitive to the smell and certain chemicals. Exposure to them will cause my skin to develop rashes and my heart to beat very fast. Thus we don’t mind spending more money to get the ICI green label paint because it is supposed to be very environmentally friendly, without the chemicals I’m allergic to.

To my horror, during the handing over, we realized they used "Maxilite" paint instead of what we asked for. We found out because the workers were careless enough to leave behind the "Maxilite" paint bucket, with the code number of ICI "all in one" and "light and space" pasted on it.

We felt so cheated and we lodged a complaint directly to the ICI main office, only to be brushed off with the reply: “even if Maxtlite paint was used, all the chemicals and smell will be gone after one week”

And when confronted, Lourve offered to repaint our house using the paint we wanted, but that means we have to move out and how inconvenient will that be!

We do not understand how this could have happened. We were told by the representative from ICI that we are not the first victims of such practice.

These companies try to rip consumers off by shamelessly using regular "Maxilite" paint to pull off as “all in one" or other Green label paint, and usually people will not notice the difference.

ICI obviously know that this is an ongoing practice but they are not about to do anything about it? How could this be?

Even though this is a case of frad, it is too minor for lawyers to entertain. We went to CASE too but have to wait for 3 months

We finally decided to give up and accept the compensation of a mere $500 from Lourve.

I would never expect this to happen in a law abiding country like Singapore. When consumers get cheated like that, it is so difficult to seek justice!

I can’t help feeling, how is this different from the China milk powder case that killed so many babies? Just because using poor quality paint will not cause death doesn’t mean people should treat it lightly. If I had stayed over night in the house when it was freshly painted, I could very well be lying in the hospital!

Other than feeling extremely upset, I am also losing faith in Singapore.

Just want to share my experience with all of u who are reading, and hope you guys will not be cheated like we were.

I’m a Taiwanese working in Singapore. My husband and I just got our new home renovated, but realized the renovation company used “ FAKE” Paint. We felt really helpless and has no one to turn to. Just want to share my story.

The company we chose is "Lourve” and they are not cheap. :curse:

the designer is called Dennis and when we discussed about what paint to be used, we specifically chose ICI "light and space" and "all in one", to be painted in the kitchen and all other walls respectively. Then he quoted us $1700 for the area of 1400 sqft.

I am very particular about the paint because I’m very sensitive to the smell and certain chemicals. Exposure to them will cause my skin to develop rashes and my heart to beat very fast. Thus we don’t mind spending more money to get the ICI green label paint because it is supposed to be very environmentally friendly, without the chemicals I’m allergic to.

To my horror, during the handing over, we realized they used "Maxilite" paint instead of what we asked for. We found out because the workers were careless enough to leave behind the "Maxilite" paint bucket, with the code number of ICI "all in one" and "light and space" pasted on it.

We felt so cheated and we lodged a complaint directly to the ICI main office, only to be brushed off with the reply: “even if Maxtlite paint was used, all the chemicals and smell will be gone after one week”

And when confronted, Lourve offered to repaint our house using the paint we wanted, but that means we have to move out and how inconvenient will that be!

We do not understand how this could have happened. We were told by the representative from ICI that we are not the first victims of such practice.

These companies try to rip consumers off by shamelessly using regular "Maxilite" paint to pull off as “all in one" or other Green label paint, and usually people will not notice the difference.

ICI obviously know that this is an ongoing practice but they are not about to do anything about it? How could this be?

Even though this is a case of frad, it is too minor for lawyers to entertain. We went to CASE too but have to wait for 3 months

We finally decided to give up and accept the compensation of a mere $500 from Lourve.

I would never expect this to happen in a law abiding country like Singapore. When consumers get cheated like that, it is so difficult to seek justice!

I can’t help feeling, how is this different from the China milk powder case that killed so many babies? Just because using poor quality paint will not cause death doesn’t mean people should treat it lightly. If I had stayed over night in the house when it was freshly painted, I could very well be lying in the hospital!

Other than feeling extremely upset, I am also losing faith in Singapore.

Just want to share my experience with all of u who are reading, and hope you guys will not be cheated like we were.

So sad for u...

I am in the midst of choosing an ID to do up my place. other than one thread that complained abt the paint job Lourve did for them, are there any one here who had used Lourve Design?? are they recommended? (just wanna hear more views)

Hi Madfish

sorry this is a dated post, but just wondering if you did engage Lourve in the end? Any comments? I am now in the midst of choosing an ID, and Lourve is one of them.

thanks

Hi Madfish

sorry this is a dated post, but just wondering if you did engage Lourve in the end? Any comments? I am now in the midst of choosing an ID, and Lourve is one of them.

thanks

Hi, I did, but I just started my reno works, so can't really tell for now. So far, they have been professional.

Hi, I did, but I just started my reno works, so can't really tell for now. So far, they have been professional.

I have really bad experience with them. PM me if you are interested.

I have really bad experience with them. PM me if you are interested.

Hi cedric,

I'm orion

just registered as a forum member and had just PMed you but not sure if it is successful.

Pls share your experience on Lourve as they are one of the ID i am currently seeing. THX!

Hi cedric,

I'm orion

just registered as a forum member and had just PMed you but not sure if it is successful.

Pls share your experience on Lourve as they are one of the ID i am currently seeing. THX!

Hi Cedric

I have pm you also. Please share your experiences with them. thanks