Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
caDAVEr

I Put A Hole In My Parquet!

Just shifted into my new resale flat 2 nights ago... Just about an hour ago, I dropped something heavy (s#*t) and put a dent in my newly varnish parquet... Is there anyway just to change the piece I damage? Anyone knows someone who does that, and how much approx does it cost? Thanks a mill!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've the same problem but this was done by previous owner (resale flat). Anyone has any contact to recommend?

Also, any idea if we can get the previous owner to rectify?

I've the same problem but this was done by previous owner (resale flat). Anyone has any contact to recommend?

Also, any idea if we can get the previous owner to rectify?

if everything hand over, signed etc, not likely you can get the prev owner to rectify coz considered it's a done deal. maybe out of goodwill, but the prev owner is not obligated to fix it because it's regarded that you have inspected the flat and accepted it as it is.

i should know. just moved in and already hv to pay for two toilet ceiling leaks. all because during the inspection nobody looked UP.

Just shifted into my new resale flat 2 nights ago... Just about an hour ago, I dropped something heavy (s#*t) and put a dent in my newly varnish parquet... Is there anyway just to change the piece I damage? Anyone knows someone who does that, and how much approx does it cost? Thanks a mill!

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your new floor!

The best solution depends on the extent of the damage. If it's a small dent, you might want to consider letting it be. Try covering it up with a rug or piece of furniture.

If you wish to repair, wood putty is a good option. But do take note that wood putty is not very hard, and can flake off with time and traffic.

I would usually not suggest replacing just a single piece of parquet. The cost is disproportionately expensive, and the colour of the replacement piece could be noticeably different from the rest of the floor. Inevitable as wood is a natural material.

Good luck. :)