Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcatsgp

Scv Point

Guest mcatsgp

Anyone do the shifting of SCV point?

I remember one/two of shortlisted ID/contractor give pricing quote for SCV point, but forgot which one and not engage them.

Now i only want to change the cover (from rectangle type to square type) so need to change the housing also, my id said cannot do, because starhub only will install if it's an original one and is not responsible if later there's any problem :(

but if shifting is ok, so why change housing is not ok?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks Nano for answering... I dunno the price in fact... :bangwall: Cause mine is free.....

Hi perpentual,

can elaborate more why yours is free? thanks.

I did all the in door SVC by myself, so long as the original main one (government installed one) is not tampered, the extension to the room can DIY. Just buy those 75ohm TV cable (please get the good ones ie Oxygen free ones abt $35 for 15m) and buy a TV 1 input to 2 output splitter to split the main one into two then the extra one go to another room. Watch SCV program also no problem using the DIY one in the room. I’m using it too. No need to pay hundreds of $ to get contract to install it. (sorry for those contractor who read this. :) change casing no problem la, it will not damage the thing inside unless you broken the cable.

When the secondary SCV lines are laid across more distance to the other rooms for example, will a booster for the signals be required?

hi,

How does the booster works? This is because I have just renovated my resale flat. As this is a old flat, its only have 1 original SCV point outside my flat. I request a 5 SCV in my house. The electrician did not install a booster but spilt it into 5 individual point, as a result, the signal is very weak. Although I have a full HD TV, the image is not sharp on certain channels (eg, channel U, CNA etc). Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

Edited by andy_sg_123

hi,

How does the booster works? This is because I have just renovated my resale flat. As this is a old flat, its only have 1 original SCV point outside my flat. I request a 5 SCV in my house. The electrician did not install a booster but spilt it into 5 individual point, as a result, the signal is very weak. Although I have a full HD TV, the image is not sharp on certain channels (eg, channel U, CNA etc). Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

I have just talked to my uncle who is a SCV contractor. He told me that you need a booster to boost all your 5 SCV points. It will cost you $150. If you want his number i can pm to you :dancingqueen:

Edited by vinvinvin

I have just talked to my uncle who is a SCV contractor. He told me that you need a booster to boost all your 5 SCV points. It will cost you $150. If you want his number i can pm to you :dancingqueen:

Thanks for your advice. Please give me the number? Do you mean I must have 5 booster? Where will it be installed?