Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chadil

Northwest Sector Of House

Dear Mr. Chong, I spent a bomb (to me that's quite it) for a FSM to assist us in planning the floor plan of my new house. We are reconstructing the place. In the * sector, he told us that our toilet bowl there is excellent coz according to my husband's personal direction, that is the direction of "Death". Thus, the toilet bowl will suppress the negative energy there. In Lilian too's book, it was mentioned upteen times the importance of maintaining the * sector eventhough it is not a good direction for the head of the household as this is the Patriach direction. Is my FSM wrong? Even for that sector, he did not specify the colours that we can use there. He just mentioned to refer to the colours given in either North or West. The colours given in these 2 sectors are different and even clash (eg, good to use white in North area but in West white is a no-no). Is he contradicting himself? Also some of the advice he gave was unsure, eg. on site, he said that despite yellow cannot be used in the living room, photos with yellow background are okay to be placed there. I emailed him for confirmation of items we went through onsite, he emailed back singing a totally different tune...saying that it makes sense that if yellow was to be avoided, then anything with yellow background is not allowed....

Most puzzling was this: when my husband asked if brown roof tiles is okay for a Southwest house. He told my husband okay. When my husband told me this. I was just curious...I thought Southwest is Earth? Having brown (wood) maybe is not so ideal? So I called him. He told me that brown is okay if we have no choice of other colour tiles. And that it's okay because Southwest is Metal not Earth and that it was too complicated for me to understand. I am very confused. Can you plaese help me with this? Especially the * issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear Mr. Chong, I spent a bomb (to me that's quite it) for a FSM to assist us in planning the floor plan of my new house. We are reconstructing the place. In the * sector, he told us that our toilet bowl there is excellent coz according to my husband's personal direction, that is the direction of "Death". Thus, the toilet bowl will suppress the negative energy there. In Lilian too's book, it was mentioned upteen times the importance of maintaining the * sector eventhough it is not a good direction for the head of the household as this is the Patriach direction. Is my FSM wrong? Even for that sector, he did not specify the colours that we can use there. He just mentioned to refer to the colours given in either North or West. The colours given in these 2 sectors are different and even clash (eg, good to use white in North area but in West white is a no-no). Is he contradicting himself? Also some of the advice he gave was unsure, eg. on site, he said that despite yellow cannot be used in the living room, photos with yellow background are okay to be placed there. I emailed him for confirmation of items we went through onsite, he emailed back singing a totally different tune...saying that it makes sense that if yellow was to be avoided, then anything with yellow background is not allowed....

Most puzzling was this: when my husband asked if brown roof tiles is okay for a Southwest house. He told my husband okay. When my husband told me this. I was just curious...I thought Southwest is Earth? Having brown (wood) maybe is not so ideal? So I called him. He told me that brown is okay if we have no choice of other colour tiles. And that it's okay because Southwest is Metal not Earth and that it was too complicated for me to understand. I am very confused. Can you plaese help me with this? Especially the * issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Hello

I can understand about your confusion.

When you mentioned about "death" sector and colors, usually your fsm was using BaZhai You Xing. In this case the recommended sectors should be N/S/E/SE and your house belongs to N facing in this method. This type of splitting people into east/west group method is quite commonly used by fsm.

Seems like you have some understanding of feng shui from reading and is comparing with what your fsm recommended. Between the both, I don't think I can comment further.

As for * issue, it is liken to 'Qian' gua. For colors, you can consider white, gold, silver, brown and certain yellow. Actually no such thing as totally adhering to the appropriate colors. You can use different shades of white or muted colors. Painting a room should make you feel comfortable when you use or rest in it. A room by itself can have a combination of colors. Consideration must also be given to the different furnitures placed inside. Thus may contribute to a usage of possible different colors to balance.

Colors is just a small part to the feng shui in your home. More importantly are the interior arrangements and the exterior.

Yes, SW is earth. Brown can be taken as earth color. Wood is green.

Mr. Chong,

Thank you for your advice. I am still a little lost as to what I should I do. Do I shift the toilet bowl away or let it stay? According to the FSM, he told us that brown is wood. He indicated in a number of sectors: favorable element: Wood (Avoid green, use brown).

Now that it is confirmed that SW is earth,then, he was lying to me thinking I am totally ignorant about fengshui. He is rather well known and host his own website which is rather impressive and comprehensive. We have even spent a bomb building dorma windows (must get PE to design and submit to BCA) which he told us that we need. Now I am skeptical of his "diagnosis". He said it was okay to put toilet at the Devil's gate (NE) but in his website, he advised another not to locate toilets there as toilets are too yin. He also told us that we should keep main door position at SW. But he put in his website that SW is the devil's back door.

Hello

I can understand about your confusion.

When you mentioned about "death" sector and colors, usually your fsm was using BaZhai You Xing. In this case the recommended sectors should be N/S/E/SE and your house belongs to N facing in this method. This type of splitting people into east/west group method is quite commonly used by fsm.

Seems like you have some understanding of feng shui from reading and is comparing with what your fsm recommended. Between the both, I don't think I can comment further.

As for * issue, it is liken to 'Qian' gua. For colors, you can consider white, gold, silver, brown and certain yellow. Actually no such thing as totally adhering to the appropriate colors. You can use different shades of white or muted colors. Painting a room should make you feel comfortable when you use or rest in it. A room by itself can have a combination of colors. Consideration must also be given to the different furnitures placed inside. Thus may contribute to a usage of possible different colors to balance.

Colors is just a small part to the feng shui in your home. More importantly are the interior arrangements and the exterior.

Yes, SW is earth. Brown can be taken as earth color. Wood is green.

Mr. Chong,

Thank you for your advice. I am still a little lost as to what I should I do. Do I shift the toilet bowl away or let it stay?

If you've gone through some of the posts here, you'll know that you need to provide the necesary info before I can help. I can't answer this question right now.

According to the FSM, he told us that brown is wood. He indicated in a number of sectors: favorable element: Wood (Avoid green, use brown).

He may have his reasons. Why don't you ask straight on his face. If he has taken a fee, he has the resposibility to assure you what he was doing.

Again, I would advise you not to be so dependant on colors.

Now that it is confirmed that SW is earth,then, he was lying to me thinking I am totally ignorant about fengshui. He is rather well known and host his own website which is rather impressive and comprehensive.

SW is always earth. Mother earth. "Kun" gua. Liken to cow, soil, brown/yellow, land, common people, cloudy, follower, meek, lady of the house, yin, soft, stomach, porcelain, cloth etc and etc.

Every practitioner have his own method/s. Its only whether it works or not. In my pinned post, I written some checklist before seeking a master.

We have even spent a bomb building dorma windows (must get PE to design and submit to BCA) which he told us that we need. Now I am skeptical of his "diagnosis". He said it was okay to put toilet at the Devil's gate (NE) but in his website, he advised another not to locate toilets there as toilets are too yin. He also told us that we should keep main door position at SW. But he put in his website that SW is the devil's back door.

Ask him to explain. :)

If you've gone through some of the posts here, you'll know that you need to provide the necesary info before I can help. I can't answer this question right now.

He may have his reasons. Why don't you ask straight on his face. If he has taken a fee, he has the resposibility to assure you what he was doing.

Again, I would advise you not to be so dependant on colors.

SW is always earth. Mother earth. "Kun" gua. Liken to cow, soil, brown/yellow, land, common people, cloudy, follower, meek, lady of the house, yin, soft, stomach, porcelain, cloth etc and etc.

Every practitioner have his own method/s. Its only whether it works or not. In my pinned post, I written some checklist before seeking a master.

Ask him to explain. :)

I asked him about the * issue..and the Southwest is metal part. He explained actually toilet is at North. ?????? anyway he did not explained about the Southwest part. I attached his drawing with the toilet bowl at * and emailed him. He got angry and told me that he need not justify to me anything and this was not a free fengshui lesson. What can I say? Just pure bad luck yah? Will be real careful next time I engage one...now he would be coming for the 3rd time after the house is completed as in his package. I dunno what to believe anymore. It maybe meaningless to ask him to come since I dun trust him anymore.

I asked him about the * issue..and the Southwest is metal part. He explained actually toilet is at North. ?????? anyway he did not explained about the Southwest part. I attached his drawing with the toilet bowl at * and emailed him. He got angry and told me that he need not justify to me anything and this was not a free fengshui lesson. What can I say? Just pure bad luck yah? Will be real careful next time I engage one...now he would be coming for the 3rd time after the house is completed as in his package. I dunno what to believe anymore. It maybe meaningless to ask him to come since I dun trust him anymore.

Hello

I emphatize with your experience. No matter how, practitioners should cultivate good temperament. Needless to say for a master. This in a way will tell of a practioner's level of knowledge and attainment.

Let the matter rest, as 'advertisements' from word of mouth will one day take effect. For most people who practise FS, we believe in 'cycles'.

He may be correct that the toilet may be at north. There's no point writing further as putting up a floor plan here will have part of your doubts cleared. Otherwise, if you're still concern, try another FS.