Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

How Do You Choose A Housing Agent?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hmm...no preference male or female..

Most impt thing is self motivated bah...I have met so many agents that wake up at 12pm everyday!!the record is 5pm!!!I dun noe how are they going to sell ur place if they are still in bed?!?! :dunno:

Dun care if black cat or white cat, as long as can catch mouse, that's a good cat!!

To me, there is no need to 'choose' agent; just let out the news that you want to sell/buy properties, then see who get back to you faster.

Sometimes the industry is based on luck - if a lousy agent happens to come across a good/cheap unit and recommends to you, do you meant to tell me that you will give it a pass because you dun like the agent?

I personally think that be it its a male or a female property agent, as long as they are able to fetch your hse a good price and the service thy they provide to you,that will be the most important.

So wat if you got yourself a beautiful lady to market your property,at the end of the day,your hse still dun sell,no point rite....heehee

Guest our-home

We met this lady agent when looking for another flat.

So when we wanted to sell our current home, remembered that she brought up pertinent points, not too long-winded nor pushy and responded to our calls/queries promptly.

She said she'd sell our flat within a month.

We sold within 2 weeks.

Basically, my hubby and I felt we could "click" with her, she understood our requirements.

We met this lady agent when looking for another flat.

So when we wanted to sell our current home, remembered that she brought up pertinent points, not too long-winded nor pushy and responded to our calls/queries promptly.

She said she'd sell our flat within a month.

We sold within 2 weeks.

Basically, my hubby and I felt we could "click" with her, she understood our requirements.

I agree that this is a good way! I like agents who take the initiative to follow up and come across as sincere. When you are a buyer, if you like this agetnt, then the chances are high that he/she will be a good agent for you as a seller cos your buyers wun be turned off by him.

I've met those very eloquent ones which are a big turn-off. :P

May I know for those ppl who are buying resale flats.

Normally you all engage only 1 property agent or look for a few agents?

My friend say only need to look for 1 agent cos they share the same database more than 1 will only make you more confuse.

But look for more than 1 agent will i have more choices of flat to choose?

Is it ok to let my agent know that i look for other agents also

May I know for those ppl who are buying resale flats.

Normally you all engage only 1 property agent or look for a few agents?

My friend say only need to look for 1 agent cos they share the same database more than 1 will only make you more confuse.

But look for more than 1 agent will i have more choices of flat to choose?

Is it ok to let my agent know that i look for other agents also

In my opinion, just find 1 agent will do.

This will prevent yourself form viewing the same flat twice. If you find too many agents, your time arrange will be very messy. Just look for 1 agent,tell him wat you wan,the time you wan him to arrange the viewing and let him go and arrange all the necessary. This will prevent the diff agents from calling you too many times.

All agents have the same database.

I have my fair share of contacting and calling diff agent, being a 1st timer in getting a unit.

After much consideration and discussion with diff agent, I thin there r, seller agent and buyer agent.

Thou any agent can do sell or buy, but if u engage buyers’ agent for selling or vice visa, the end result will be very different.

Do talk, discuss and negotiate with them more.

Some agents can’t wait to get u “laid”, some can’t be bothered, some call u bro/sis….

To me, service and information and being able to get a unit for me, is more important…

ie, i went for the same unit, but marketed by diff agents, (i din know i was goin to view the same unit), the asking price/COV was so much diff...

later i realise one of the agent do more selling then buying.... :jawdrop:

The moment you let go some news that you are selling your flat, agents would start calling you or knocking on your door asking them to give them exclusive rights. Somemore must give them 2% selling commission (before new HDB guideline got implemented), if not, they are not motivated. They would give a lot of excuses like that they have spent a lot on newspaper advertistments, a lot of time spent in marketing your unit etc. The moment you tell another agent that you have given exclusive rights to a agent, he/she would definitely not bringing potential buyers to your unit becos they are not willing to co-broke. Furthermore, a lot of agents like to bring PRs (Indians, Chinese) up to flats not to promote your unit, but to compare and say that their advertised units are better. Your unit becomes a showflat (ghost unit)for others to make comparison. A lot of viewers do not mean your unit is good or attractive. It would only be good if there are black and white offers coming in (with cheque). Verbal offers do not mean anything.