Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SLYW

Need Help In Home Entertainment System (sound Bar)

Anybody got any comments on the Teac soundbar or even the Sonic Array 2000 soundbar? Philips is too expensive for me to buy & Samsung is sucks. I'm not an expert on soundbar, but basically I feel that the Sonic Array 2000 soundbar sounds better that the Teac, but I like the Teac all-in-one functionalities.

Please comment.....Thanks.

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anybody got any comments on the Teac soundbar or even the Sonic Array 2000 soundbar? Philips is too expensive for me to buy & Samsung is sucks. I'm not an expert on soundbar, but basically I feel that the Sonic Array 2000 soundbar sounds better that the Teac, but I like the Teac all-in-one functionalities.

Please comment.....Thanks.

Hi

Read my earlier postings on the deficiencies of soundbars. Though they may be sleek, use less cables but its not cheap & personally, sound bars tend to sound like a warbled peacock in a gunny sack.

For the same amount of money, do explore a proper 5.1 set up. The pros of having a proper set up is upgradeable in future & you can have the full effects of what a 5.1 suppose to be.

Do audition some hi-fi shops at Adelphi. If you need any recommendations, do PM me.

Cheers

Vince

Hi

Read my earlier postings on the deficiencies of soundbars. Though they may be sleek, use less cables but its not cheap & personally, sound bars tend to sound like a warbled peacock in a gunny sack.

For the same amount of money, do explore a proper 5.1 set up. The pros of having a proper set up is upgradeable in future & you can have the full effects of what a 5.1 suppose to be.

Do audition some hi-fi shops at Adelphi. If you need any recommendations, do PM me.

Cheers

Vince

Vince,

Thanks for your advice. However, if you can only choose between the Teac & the Sonic Array 2000, which would you choose? For me, I do not have the luxury of space to put all the speakers of a proper 5.1 around my living room. As such, I can only choose to have the "best among the worst".

Edited by frederick_chia

Vince,

Thanks for your advice. However, if you can only choose between the Teac & the Sonic Array 2000, which would you choose? For me, I do not have the luxury of space to put all the speakers of a proper 5.1 around my living room. As such, I can only choose to have the "best among the worst".

Federick Hi

No space for a proper 5.1 surround? Mind me asking how small is your living room?

Have u considered satellite speakers like the miniature DefTech Pro Cinema series? I highly recommend it & it cost about the same as any soundbars & it definitely sounds better. http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers.../procinema.html

Check out the website. The entire range if lined up is even smaller than your soundbar.

Besides Teac or Sonic, have u considred the Yamaha YSP soundbars?

Cheers

Hi vince,

my living room is long.. abt 10m long and 4 m wide. pls see below

the tv & sound bar I intend to put on the left side of the living room, right side being the dining area.

W = windows

D = bedroom doors

Does puttting the yamaha YSP3000 or YSP4000 works for my layout coz i understand that it works by bouncing sounds off 4 walls. But i have windows on the left and the living room walls are far away.

Else how abt this new one bar HTS from yamaha YAS-71 which i found on the website, not sure if will be brought to sgp. It's using Exclusive AIR SURROUND XTREME .

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av.../dsp/yas71.html

How abt the philips HTS8140?

I just want a sleek system without the wires. not going to hide wires with casing. I'm not really a true full audiophile or a extreme HT enthusiast.

where 'xxx' are blank spaces coz this post will truncate the spacings and drawings will be out.

---------------------------------------Main door---------

|WxxxxxTV Console xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|

|Wxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|

|WxxxxxxSofaxxxxxxxxxxxx Dining tablexxxxxxxx|

|__xxxx _________________________Kitchen__|

xxx|xxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx glass door

xxxDxxxD

xxx|_D_|

Edited by rumi

Federick Hi

No space for a proper 5.1 surround? Mind me asking how small is your living room?

Have u considered satellite speakers like the miniature DefTech Pro Cinema series? I highly recommend it & it cost about the same as any soundbars & it definitely sounds better. http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers.../procinema.html

Check out the website. The entire range if lined up is even smaller than your soundbar.

Besides Teac or Sonic, have u considred the Yamaha YSP soundbars?

Cheers

The space of my living room (or rather the way I partition it) is about 3m by 3m. I have heard of Yamaha YSP, but overall comments is that they are not lasting. Reason for Teac is they are cheap for full fuctionalities of DVD player, in-built subwoofer, IPOD player, and Sonic is becos they are really very dirt cheap. Nevertheless, I will try to pop by Aldephi either Sat or Sun to check out that place.

Hi vince,

the tv & sound bar I intend to put on the left side of the living room, right side being the dining area.

W = windows

D = bedroom doors

Does puttting the yamaha YSP3000 or YSP4000 works for my layout coz i understand that it works by bouncing sounds off 4 walls. But i have windows on the left and the living room walls are far away.

Else how abt this new one bar HTS from yamaha YAS-71 which i found on the website, not sure if will be brought to sgp. It's using Exclusive AIR SURROUND XTREME .

I just want a sleek system without the wires. not going to hide wires with casing. I'm not really a true full audiophile or a extreme HT enthusiast.

where 'xxx' are blank spaces coz this post will truncate the spacings and drawings will be out.

xxxDxxxD

xxx|_D_|

Hi Rumi,

I think the Philips one also have wires connecting to the subwoofer as it's 2 separate items. The Teac one that I like is all in one. You can go to Funan Challenger to take a look.

Hi vince,

W = windows

D = bedroom doors

xxxDxxxD

xxx|_D_|

Hi Rumi. let me try my best to answer your technical question.

How does a soundbar deflect back speaker sound puzzles me as the speakers are located in front.

What product does one associate Phillips with? Electrical consumers products, TV, BUT not SOUND SYSTEM. I rest my case.

Whether youre a tru-blu audiophile enthusiast does not matter. Soundbars don't come cheap, it not upgradeable (hence if it conks, u have to sell it cheap or scrap it) & personally, it sounds horrible. A 5.1 system with proper cabling management, can produce warm & sweet music or realistic sound for movie watching.

Your living room is perfect for a good 5.1 HTS system. Do consider it.

Cheers

Vince

Its real wonder why is someone selling his TEAC soundbar. If the seller's in a upgrading mood, he suddenly realised that he cant do that with his soundbar.

Cheers

Vince

Its real wonder why is someone selling his TEAC soundbar. If the seller's in a upgrading mood, he suddenly realised that he cant do that with his soundbar.

There could be various reasons such as impulse buying, doesn't suit house theme, tight budget, etc. Not necessarily because of the effects.

There could be various reasons such as impulse buying, doesn't suit house theme, tight budget, etc. Not necessarily because of the effects.

Federick Hi

I dont presume to know the reasons why soundbar owners are selling their their soundbar. HTS enthusiast do not sell their sound wares unless theyre in an upgrading mode.

All you have to do is to visit hardwarezone & see how many dissatisfied owners of soundbars. Again, i dont presume they all have hearing problems.

Lastly, do we buy a sound system for their looks or for their sound?

Regards

Vince

Federick Hi

I dont presume to know the reasons why soundbar owners are selling their their soundbar. HTS enthusiast do not sell their sound wares unless theyre in an upgrading mode.

All you have to do is to visit hardwarezone & see how many dissatisfied owners of soundbars. Again, i dont presume they all have hearing problems.

Lastly, do we buy a sound system for their looks or for their sound?

Regards

Vince

Vince is dead right to discourage you from getting a soundbar. As much as I am on keen on it, there cant be a true replacement on 5.1 when watching a movie. You may be ok with soundbar for the first few times, later, you might want something else. As a wise men says to another, there is no limits when it comes sound system. You will always want a much better system. If spend money buying one with soundbar, you are kinda stuck. Plus, soundbar is only effective if you have a room with 4 walls.

Folks that I know, they fine even watching with Stereo watching a movie. SAVE your money, get a true audio set, even with a 2.0 system, they rocks with sheer clarity. Believe it or not, even a simple JBL packs a punch. It is probably half the price of a soundbar...

The only good thing to say about Pioneer is their Universal DVD players. What's your budget? let me recommend you a decent set-up.

This Pioneer HTS is not a pure HTS but merely a HTiB. I seriously do not think you can do any upgrades or matching with other models, should you feel the need to upgrade.

Cheers