Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Feng Shui Tip - Kitchen

Generally, kitchen should not be in the NW sector.

NW belongs to the Chien Kua. And also represents the Heaven Gate.

With kitchen in the NW sector, in FS term, its call 'Fire burning heaven gate'

Highly inauspicious.

Chien kua represents the head of the family, usually the father.

With heaven burning heaven gate, the head of the family will face many problems.

hi,

anyway to counter the problem of kitchen in NW direction?

thanks so much!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i think the best if you cant change the location of the stove would be to use a induction cooker whereby there's not going to be a flame... just heat will be produced... then there's no issue for 火烧天门 already...

if you dont like the idea of having a induction cooker due to the cost, then maybe you will NEED TO COOK LESSER~

Hope it helps...

Best Regards,

Felix Wong

hi,

anyway to counter the problem of kitchen in NW direction?

thanks so much!

i think the best if you cant change the location of the stove would be to use a induction cooker whereby there's not going to be a flame... just heat will be produced... then there's no issue for 火烧天门 already...

if you dont like the idea of having a induction cooker due to the cost, then maybe you will NEED TO COOK LESSER~

Hope it helps...

Best Regards,

Felix Wong

thanks so much.... looks like it really no 'parmenent' solution. cooking only during weekends shld be considered 'less' ba...

haha

:yamseng:

thanks so much.... looks like it really no 'parmenent' solution. cooking only during weekends shld be considered 'less' ba...

haha

:yamseng:

Not say don't have lah....you can try to cook by using steaming more often rather than cooking oil. Haha...just suggesting, better ask a proper master. But anyway, try also no harm what?

Not say don't have lah....you can try to cook by using steaming more often rather than cooking oil. Haha...just suggesting, better ask a proper master. But anyway, try also no harm what?

ya ya healthy life style is part of feng shui too??!!!... haha

thanks!

Thanks everyone for making that effort to reply. :dancingqueen:

Mace and h4happy, thanks for the specific reply. Your answer was what I heard before too. Then, I found this... http://www.indobase.com/fengshui/tips-for-homes/kitchen.html

The kitchen should not be north facing. Chinese believe that evil spirits come from the north and if the kitchen is north facing then there are greater chances of accidents occurring in the kitchen. If the kitchen is north facing then hang wind chimes and crystals from the windows and doorways to counter the negative effect.

The kitchen sink signifies water and the kitchen stove represents fire. It would be best if both these were not placed next to each other in the kitchen. The stove in the kitchen should be positioned in such a way that you can see anyone entering the kitchen. Your back should not be to the door while you are cooking. Placing a mirror on top of the stove will allow the cook to see anyone entering the kitchen and will counter this problem. The area around the stove should be well lit and well ventilated. The will reduce the Sha Chi.

White is the best color for your kitchen. White signifies purity and promotes good health and will ensure that the food cooked is pure. Cutlery should not be stored in areas where there is stagnant energy. Sharp objects have negative energy and they will affect your health. Put cutlery in a drawer closest to the door or a window. It is not good to have a toilet near the kitchen as it produces negative energy. If there is a toilet keep the door closed and the toilet seat down and place a Bagwa on the toilet door.

Hi All,

I'm newbie here.. come across this discussion topic, thus tot of posting my queries here too.. hope you don't mind..

And would highly appreciate for sharings ; )

Pls refer to the diagram in the below link :-

http://doremon2009.multiply.com/photos/album/3#photo=9

fsnewhseqry.th.jpg

kitchenfsqryw.th.jpg

There are stove, oven, fridge, washing basin, rice cooker, slow cooker, juicer etc..

So does

1) Stove, oven, rice cooker ,slow cooker consider "FIRE" ?

2) Fridge, Washing Basin, Juicer consider "WATER" ?

3) Today HDB unit is small, to achieve not to have back facing the entrance while cooking, not to have oven face toilet etc.

And not to have oven face North nor North West. It's rather challenging..

If you refer to the diagram in the link indicated above.. does the positioning of stove, oven, fridge, washing basin, rice cooker, slow cooker, juicer etc.. consider ok in fengshui?

4) What are the advises / recommendation to make it correct or better?

Really looking forward for advises, sharings and feedback.

Thanks!

Doremon

Edited by doremon2009

My fengshui master recommend me to place my sink diagonally of my stove.. I am still quite relundant cos I have need to re-do the plumbing/piping works and also got to spend alot on the renovation to relocate the sink..

Anyone here has make drastic changes for kitchen becos of fengshui?

Hi, which of the below following is correct as I heard both versions before.

(a) sink and stove cannot be side-by-side?

(b) sink and stove cannot be opposite each other?

Thank you all for your attention :sport-smiley-003:

From those FS books I read, sink and stove can be side by side BUT must leave a space in between. ( So long as not immediately next to it will be alright.)

Stove means Fire, Sink means water > Water destroys Fire.

Fridge represent water also. Same meaning as above.

Not sure about b) though.

Some believe that stove represents wealth . It is not suppose to face the entrance of the kitchen ( to living room ), neither to toilet. Otherwise risk losing wealth.

The wall which the stove is ( behind the wall should ideally not be a bedroom ) Heard it is no good but cant remember why ?

Edited by purecat

Generally, kitchen should not be in the NW sector.

NW belongs to the Chien Kua. And also represents the Heaven Gate.

With kitchen in the NW sector, in FS term, its call 'Fire burning heaven gate'

Highly inauspicious.

Chien kua represents the head of the family, usually the father.

With heaven burning heaven gate, the head of the family will face many problems.

Hi, I'm new here, I have some problem in placing my stove. Hope someone can help me. My kitchen working top is L shape, the stove is either facing north or else if I place it on the other side of the L, my back will be facing the kitchen entrance(not direct). By the way, the direction of the stove is determined by holding compass and facing the stove or back facing the stove? Thanks!

Hi, I'm new here, I have some problem in placing my stove. Hope someone can help me. My kitchen working top is L shape, the stove is either facing north or else if I place it on the other side of the L, my back will be facing the kitchen entrance(not direct). By the way, the direction of the stove is determined by holding compass and facing the stove or back facing the stove? Thanks!

Hi

A bit difficult to explain as I suppose you don't have much knowledge about your house directions.

Generally, you can take a compass and stand in the centre of the kitchen, find out where is your north, align the needle and see where or direction your stove is located.

Hi, my brother told me that where I'm going to put my queen size bed is against the feng shui. He told me I can't put my bed close to the window. No good as he's not sure for what reason only knew something to do with Qi. Can you advise me? Below is my floor plan.

We tried to reposition the bed but still find that this is the best way to place our bed. What if we cover the window with curtains and don't open the window but open the side window on the left wall instead? Does this help? :unsure:

2307817190063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

My understanding of this situation is that when you have no other option but to place your bed against the wall with a window, you must have some vacant space between the window and your bed. Allow some room for you to move between your bed and the wall with the window.

It's what I've heard as good Feng Shui advice from somewhere.

My understanding of this situation is that when you have no other option but to place your bed against the wall with a window, you must have some vacant space between the window and your bed. Allow some room for you to move between your bed and the wall with the window.

It's what I've heard as good Feng Shui advice from somewhere.

Quite true. Sounds familiar too....where you heard from?