Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klipp-klapp

The Green House

I think your colour scheme is fantastic!! Why your ID liddat one... even if not quoted a price in the quotation also shouldn't be LIDDAT! urgh I would have pulled my hair out.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Nice Nice!

really love your study room & MBR design!

looking forward to see the actual pix... ;)

The carpentry should be starting next week .. Will have the actual pix soon ..

I think your colour scheme is fantastic!! Why your ID liddat one... even if not quoted a price in the quotation also shouldn't be LIDDAT! urgh I would have pulled my hair out.

Ya lor ... was unhappy over the renderings then ....but think it is faster to ask my hubby to edit rather than spend time arguing ... If you are thinking of getting ID .. guess have to approach those who are really designers themselves to avoid the kind of mis-communication which I faced ...

Edited by klipp-klapp

looking forward to see your pix with carpentary up... :)

will camp here

Finally back from my 2 weeks pre-wedding shoot cum holiday break in Lijiang, China ...

but yesterday went to see my hse .. the carpentary onli about 70% done bah ... the only one completed is the master bedroom wardrobe. Initially thought can do my final inspection liao after the trip ...

Will take some pics tmr morning and upload :)

why i can't see any pic huh??

*veru blur & confused*

Hmmm... the renderings are posted on page one ... or mabbe when you load the page, flickr is temporarily down??? the links to the pics are from flickr .. anyway, is okie .. I will upload some actual pics real soon... keep a lookout :)

Well done kipp-klapp,

very nice designs with a delicious lime green color schemes.. looking forward to seeing more pictures from you...:)

Thanks Thanks ... will upload soon .. :yamseng:

2971149481_d30aff5c3a_o.jpg

Master Bedroom Wardrobe :D

2971149495_5b21b9a4b1_o.jpg

Master Bedroom Internal Configuration.

Upper compartment for hanging shirts and blouses. Lower compartment for hanging trousers and skirts....

2971149497_0923c28d06_o.jpg

Master Bedroom Internal Configuration.

Compartment for longer dresses. Bought a basket from IKEA and requested to fit into the cupboard.. Bought two more accessories from IKEA to be fitted in.. one is a retractable hanger for hanging belts & ties ... the other one is a retractable mirror .. haa.. Will update again when they are done.

2971149501_1d32230c95_o.jpg

This is the backing of the wardrobe in the adjacent room as we hacked off a wall to accomodate the wardrobe. There are some storage space at the top... a good suggestion from my father-in-law .. :good:

2971149505_28f5634855_o.jpg

This is the study room .. the tempered glass is now very dirty .. gg to have a lot of cleaning to do ...

Thinking of DIY paint a striped wall (2 alternating colors)... ID painted the light green base color so we have a do the rest .. He warned us that it is gg to be a tough job .. have to do masking etc .... Haa ... If anyone have some tips, or points to note on how to do the painting, kindly advise .. :)

Wow so much progress even the glass is up alr. Then the lovely green shoe cabinet?

They did the shoe cabinet already, but took it back to the factory to do some amendments .. not very sure of the details .. The solidtop not done yet .. And they did the wrong laminate for my kitchen cabinets which we highlighted today...

..... ok. at least you guys check on them often. unbelievable. Hope that's all and your reno will go on smoothly. I certainly hope to see more pics of the green green house!

Yeah :sport-smiley-004: Yesterday, ID finally showed me the customized solidtop that matches the laminate we chose ... :sport-smiley-018: The green house is saved hahaha

2926090026_ca78dcd537_o.jpg

I would say 95% match .. but have to pay extra for customisation though .....

Can check with you how much more you need to pay for customising the solid top?

..... ok. at least you guys check on them often. unbelievable. Hope that's all and your reno will go on smoothly. I certainly hope to see more pics of the green green house!

Haiz .. that's not all :( .. but was assured that the mistakes will be rectified ... so see how it goes bah ...

Can check with you how much more you need to pay for customising the solid top?

We are charged $90... the solid top is L-shaped abt 6 feet. Works out to be about $15 per feet extra ... ID gave some slight discount .. was informed that normally customisation is about 20%-30% extra

Have not been updating this blog for a while... That's becos there isn't much progress on the renovation :(

But at least we went shopping last weekend .. Bought most of our lights at Palace except for a few lights which is purchased from IKEA.. was generally happy with the purchase from Palace and the service of the sales staff who served us.

However, faced some glitch regarding the delivery and installation today. So need to rant & let off some steam here .. Haa

Original delivery date was set on Tues during purchase. After some thinking, I called them on Mon to asked for installation of lights as well...was told that the earliest date available for the electricians is Thurs and they will call me/hubby on Wed to confirm timing, but shld be in the afternoon. Did not receive any call from them on Wed .. and when we remembered that they are supposed to call yesterday to confirm timing, it was late at night so I intend to call them today morning ...

The lights guy called me today at around 11am to say that the timing for the lights is at 1pm ... so I waited for them.. but they failed to turn up. So at around 2pm, I called back to Palace and was told that the delivery is set tomorrow at 1pm ...

I asked them whether they can arrange for delivery today else I have to go down to my new place the next day and wait again. But they told me unable to arrange, the delivery is for tomorrow and that nobody tell me that the delivery is for today... Angry! :furious:

It is true that it is not constructive to pinpoint who is at fault (from their point of view, it must be that I heard wrongly & from my point of view, it must be that their staff got the dates wrong .. told me its on Thurs, when in actual fact he put the date as Fri's date).

However, what they can do to appease an angry customer is to apologise for the communication error and ask if I want to change it to another date if I am not available tomorrow. It just add oil to fire by telling me that nobody tell me that the delivery is for today....Although in the end, they did offered to deliver on other dates to my convenience...my good impression for them is spoilt.

Lesson learnt .. always call a day in advance to confirm delivery time and dates/day to prevent this kind of communication errors .... shall do that for the rest of my deliveries ....

2971149505_28f5634855_o.jpg

This is the study room .. the tempered glass is now very dirty .. gg to have a lot of cleaning to do ...

Thinking of DIY paint a striped wall (2 alternating colors)... ID painted the light green base color so we have a do the rest .. He warned us that it is gg to be a tough job .. have to do masking etc .... Haa ... If anyone have some tips, or points to note on how to do the painting, kindly advise .. :)

Your study is very nice! Kinda reminds me of an office tho... heee..