Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klipp-klapp

The Green House

i think they look ok. not very obvious ba.. more imptly people will be attracted to the orange colour first. hahaha :)

Ya lor .. usually onli home owner will pick on such small details Haa :P

hehe. actually i think dey can customise one. btw, how much u paid for tat light? =p

Paid $80 each , think the price shld be reasonable ... the bamboo lampshade i bought for service yard at IKEA already cost $59 haa and still have to go and buy the bulb separately .... Is the price similar to what you got urs for?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ya lor .. usually onli home owner will pick on such small details Haa :P

Paid $80 each , think the price shld be reasonable ... the bamboo lampshade i bought for service yard at IKEA already cost $59 haa and still have to go and buy the bulb separately .... Is the price similar to what you got urs for?

80??? arghhh!!! i paid 110 lo.. chelsea cheated me =(

80??? arghhh!!! i paid 110 lo.. chelsea cheated me =(

Hmmm quite a big difference ... come to think of it .... think the sales guy did mention to us that the lights are on promotion, the display price is 130 if I am not wrong.. But I did not take much notice of it then cos I thought is a norm that the display price is much more expensive than quoted price...

Hmmm quite a big difference ... come to think of it .... think the sales guy did mention to us that the lights are on promotion, the display price is 130 if I am not wrong.. But I did not take much notice of it then cos I thought is a norm that the display price is much more expensive than quoted price...

erms.. ya. display is 130 -_-" de promo is really big. where did u buy from?

erms.. ya. display is 130 -_-" de promo is really big. where did u buy from?

Got them from Palace of Lights ... settle most of the lights from there .. was told by the sales guy that the other light in the living room with 3 yellow bulbs is also a good buy, because his colleague quoted us wrong price (a lower price) earlier so they will be selling to us at a big discount .... dunno true or not haa .. took it with a pinch of salt but we got 2 of those as we like its simplicity.

Got them from Palace of Lights ... settle most of the lights from there .. was told by the sales guy that the other light in the living room with 3 yellow bulbs is also a good buy, because his colleague quoted us wrong price (a lower price) earlier so they will be selling to us at a big discount .... dunno true or not haa .. took it with a pinch of salt but we got 2 of those as we like its simplicity.

erms.. palace of lights. ok. i oso went there. de price they quoted indeed cheaper den other shops. but after reading reviews abt tat shop, i gave up. btw did dey really give u osram or philips lights?

erms.. palace of lights. ok. i oso went there. de price they quoted indeed cheaper den other shops. but after reading reviews abt tat shop, i gave up. btw did dey really give u osram or philips lights?

Reviews you have read must be quite bad to make you strike them off your list. I also experienced hiccups in their delivery ... and some of minor defects .. like one of the fluorescent light not working .. they replaced it so is okay ...

Did not take notice of what light bulb or tube are used leh :D

Edited by klipp-klapp

Reviews you have read must be quite bad to make you strike them off your list. I also experienced hiccups in their delivery ... and some of minor defects .. like one of the fluorescent light not working .. they replaced it so is okay ...

Did not take notice of what light bulb or tube are used leh :D

cos if i din remember wrongly, dey dun give good bulbs. but nvm la. de price diff, u can go buy de correct bulbs =p

cos if i din remember wrongly, dey dun give good bulbs. but nvm la. de price diff, u can go buy de correct bulbs =p

Yah that's true .. next time when the bulbs fused will switch to philips or osram ones bah ... for the lights which are bought at Ikea, I also just bought the Ikea ones ... haven put much thought into lifespan/quality of the bulbs..

My bid to get green stuff for my house is filled with obstacles :( ... Firstly, was told that we won't be able to get the shade of green solidtop which we like .... luckily the issue was resolved but not after much anxiety ...

Secondly, the tempered glass backing for my hob & hood area came in the wrong color ... it came in white although it is supposed to match the green solidtop shoerack cum bartable. This mistake cost another 1-2 weeks of delay ...

And today yet another disappointment ... we are supposed to be receiving our tv console from mode studio ... which we thought is green... But it came in pale yellow which shocked us. We called them up .. thought they have make wrong delivery but they told us it is correct and they dun sell furniture with green theme ...

We are like huh?!? We went down to mode studio because we saw their advertisement in Home Decor ..and that Tv console is reflected green and when we went down to their studio to check ... it appears green too ... even the ones shown in the brochures which we gotten from the showroom is green! They explained that it is because of the lightings ... their showrooms used warm lights so there will be color variations. Isn't that misrepresentation??

The sales lady could have warn us about it.. right from the start, we refer the set that we are getting as green ...and we mentioned our house theme is green. And when she wrote on the invoice as yellow, we told her we dun want yellow ... then she say the set is greenish yellow or yellowish green but the product name code is yellow... so we never questioned that... becos we thought what we see is what we get.

But in daylight, when we see the set .. I couldn't see any tinge of green in it ... We did not accept the delivery and head down to the showroom. We went down feeling very angry and I am in distress because we have paid in full ... so my husband did most of the talking, think I might burst out screaming haa, which wun help with the situation.

We talked to the branch manager, he appeared calm and asked us to take a seat. My husband point to their brochure and said "I dun think anyone will dispute that this it green right" and the very angry me added that I can do a survey in their showroom to prove the case ... he has no answer to this and continue his explanation .. He tried to explain that it will be unfair if we put the blame on the sales lady because it is very subjective when it comes to colors. Anyway, we mentioned we are not here to pinpoint whose fault is it, and ask how does he suggest we resolve the issue so that we can be satisfied customers.

He stood firm and told us politely that he does not mean to offend us but he has to let us know that the company is not obliged to make changes. However, it will not be a win-win situation for them as well. So he offered us a choice of white, black and ivory for exchange. By then, I have calmed down a fair bit .. We accepted the arrangement to exchange for a white one.

Generally, I think the manager has handled the case well. Very calm and patient when facing two agitated customers. But thumbs down for the sales lady, my husband say he stared at the sales lady who process our purchase and she dun even dare to look back ..

At the end of the day .. although I did not managed to get the green console I want ... at least I wun be stuck with a pale yellow "eyesore" and to have to curse them everyday..

Hope the "green curse" will not happen on my dining set coming in Jan .... Bought a dining set from xzqt with green theme chairs .. if that is problematic too .. then I will faint :bangwall:

Edited by klipp-klapp

Dun b too upset, at least they r reasonable to give alternative.

else if like those ah-beng shops, u might get threaten even...

Good luck for the dining set... waiting for pictures :)

Don't worry! I'm sure the dining set will come just as you want it ok?

Every renovation has its setbacks and as long as you slowly find solutions for each your house will still turn out alright!!

Hey Klipp-Klapp,

- lightings do play an beli important role in e effects & overall appearance of furnitures & fittings.

- dat is y a good ID gota recomend e best type of lightings which r able 2 bring out e effect of his designs.

- e texture & true color of furnitures olso got their part 2 play olso. Esp. during daytime wen natural lighting overpower artifitial lighting.

- e basic types of lightings use r ->

(1) warm white

(2) cool white

(3) daylight.

- not all lightings hav all e three types emission.

- if u r stil looking for 'designer sofa', can consider other well-known brand, such s Evovliving (Balestier Rd), Lifestorey (Great World City) ...

- they do hav apple-green leather or micro-fabric type of 2-3 seater sofa, sofa lounge, ottoman ...

- quality wise, well, u get wat u pay.

:yamseng:

Hi klip-klap,

Don't worry...I am sure you can still have your green house through other purchases of furnishings like curtains, cushion covers, plants, paintings etc. :P

Hi Rdnest,

Yah .. at least they are reasonable. My husband told them that we have read bad reviews on red apple but the manager say not to worry, they are of different management... frankly speaking, if they are are nasty to us .. think we will just make a scene at the showroom haaa ...

Hi Jacky,

:) We went for furniture hunting on our own ... because our ID is actually more of a project co-coordinator rather than designer.

Now learnt a huge lesson ... should go to showrooms with white light ..

Thanks for the tips.. but already got a black sofa so was looking for green tv console ... but now landed with white one .. so mabbe a get green rug to put at the coffee table area bah ...

Hi cheng,

Yepz green cushion covers, will definitely get them :) ... thinking of getting white day curtain plus green string curtain for the living room, will have to find time to go to the curtain maker to check on the quality and to confirm if they have the green we want .... however, still searching for suitable curtain fabric for the rooms...

Plants is a good idea too .. but I have black fingers instead of green fingers... scared they will perish in my hands :P