Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klipp-klapp

The Green House

OoooOo read your experience with Palace. MmM I guess that really cannot be helped then. Such an inconvenience...

Meanwhile I'll learn from you. :) Thanks for sharing!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Your study is very nice! Kinda reminds me of an office tho... heee..

Payretep,

Thanks thanks :) ... but for this kind of open concept, have to make the effort to keep the study room neat next time... :P

OoooOo read your experience with Palace. MmM I guess that really cannot be helped then. Such an inconvenience...

Meanwhile I'll learn from you. :) Thanks for sharing!

Pinkpetter,

You are welcome ...

Love their lights, hate their delayed delivery timings ... The lights were finally delivered on Friday ... at around 5.30pm and I waited from 1pm.

But luckily, kept myself occupied by assembling some bathroom accessories and a small cabinet bought from IKEA ... & in between a curtain sales lady dropped by .. so was shown some curtain samples and given a quotation ...at first I was thinking to get the curtains and roller blinds from IKEA to save cost because customizing the curtains for the whole hse can easily cost up to 1.5k-2k .... However, on second thought, it may be good to invest on better quality ones for the long run...

The lights are not installed yet as we have decided to let our ID co-ordinate the installation instead after Thurs incident with Palace .. ID can only arrange manpower to do it next week, he say HDB dun allow installation and drillings on weekends ...... Will take some pics to share when the lights are up :)

you waited 4 and a half hours?! You're right. Luckily you had something to do. Otherwise it'll be a painful wait.

MmM I'm also thinking of getting roller blinds from Ikea. mmm

Looking forward to pictures!

How come you upset about the reno progress? Rectifications on the above stuff done already?

Don't worry too much. Just make sure you let your ID know of any unsatisfactory areas and it's his job to fix it properly.

As for the delivery, I also encountered screw-ups with a couple of companies, not just one. I just stuck to my guns all the time and said that they had to deliver it on the day that I had arranged. So far, a little bit of pressure worked for me although I had to waste time waiting...but that was better than me making an extra trip on another day.

you waited 4 and a half hours?! You're right. Luckily you had something to do. Otherwise it'll be a painful wait.

MmM I'm also thinking of getting roller blinds from Ikea. mmm

Looking forward to pictures!

Here are the pics ...

3025072366_c998c8cf5c_o.jpg

I like this service yard veri much . It looks so cozy.

Pendant light from Ikea.

3025072406_57b59e93c7_o.jpg

We got 2 of these lights, will be putting at the TV console area and the dining table in the living room.

Think is quite hard to get the lights installed straight cos have to balance on the thin wires..... now it hangs a bit crooked .. has requested them to be rectified.

How come you upset about the reno progress? Rectifications on the above stuff done already?

Don't worry too much. Just make sure you let your ID know of any unsatisfactory areas and it's his job to fix it properly.

As for the delivery, I also encountered screw-ups with a couple of companies, not just one. I just stuck to my guns all the time and said that they had to deliver it on the day that I had arranged. So far, a little bit of pressure worked for me although I had to waste time waiting...but that was better than me making an extra trip on another day.

A bit upset because the reno has been ongoing for abt 2 months and the funitures are scheduled to be in soon (had already delay once ), so think this time have to pay for storage fees if gg to delay again .... But on the bright side, more things has been completed now that the lights , the bathroom accessories and plumbing is done ....

hi Klipp!

mind sharing how much you paid for the L-shaped tempered glass in your kitchen? thinking of doing the same.

thanks!

MMM I like both lights. the second one is quite unique really.

Well must try to maintain being happy ya. As long as no very major hiccups. :)

Thanks for your encouragement pinkpetter :D haa ... trying not to erupt so as not the spoil the working relationship .. Endure !

hi Klipp!

mind sharing how much you paid for the L-shaped tempered glass in your kitchen? thinking of doing the same.

thanks!

Hi pinkitsch,

U mean the one in my study room? Paid about 900 dollars for the L-shaped tempered glass (10mm thick), and paid additional for the wooden framing.. If i did not remember wrongly, the long side is about 3m .. not encouraged becos it is too long to be fitted and transported up the lift .. so as you can see, mine consists of 3 panels at the long side ... do keep that in mind when you do urs unless you stay on ground floor then no issue :)

Another blogger mmycheng also did a L-shaped tempered glass for her study but hers is shorter.. so design kept clean with just 2 full panels.

And another point to note is that in order to do the half wall L-shaped hacking, some contractors will encourage to hack away the whole wall first then rebuild a low wall for structural stability reasons .. so hacking might also cost more becos will factor in extra for rebuilding the wall as well ...

PE endorsement is also another major cost.

Here are the pics ...

3025072366_c998c8cf5c_o.jpg

I like this service yard veri much . It looks so cozy.

Pendant light from Ikea.

The green and white color combi looks really good. Too bad my theme doesn't really allow the use of daring colors. :(

Anyway, keep the photos coming, ya? :notti:

The green and white color combi looks really good. Too bad my theme doesn't really allow the use of daring colors. :(

Anyway, keep the photos coming, ya? :notti:

:) ... ya country theme not suitable for bright colors but is a nice theme as well ...

Here are some more pics of my lights:-

3037792431_493e0b880b_o.jpg

Matching orange light for the MBR

Got the same light for the kitchen but in green .. Hee

Will upload the pic when the kitchen is done ..

3038630668_fb138060cc_o.jpg

Light at the entrance of MBR

Got this nice lampshade at IKEA which we think is very suitable for our MBR ...

However, after we install, we realized a problem.. cos it is meant to be a table top lampshade with smaller bulbs .. so when used as hanging lamp ... the bulb will be exposed ... haa .. will find a way to fix that when free. :sport-smiley-003:

3038630588_459d45a55d_o.jpg

Lights in the living room

:) ... ya country theme not suitable for bright colors but is a nice theme as well ...

Here are some more pics of my lights:-

3037792431_493e0b880b_o.jpg

Matching orange light for the MBR

wah. din know de light comes in so many colors. i m using black for my study room n spare room =p

Mwerkz & Pinkpetter,

I did not know at first too cos think the shop only displayed the transparent , white and black ones. We were cracking our heads at the light shop over what lights to get for the rooms. At first, the sales guy recommend us the black one too because black will have a nice contrast up against the white ceiling. However, we told him that our room's theme is orange and we are looking for a orange light, so he told us that it comes in orange as well ! And there are many colors to choose from :D .. very happy to see that they have the lime green too :dancingqueen:

I got the transparent one for our spare room cos it doesn't have a color scheme at the moment. Haa

One bad point I feel about these lights is that we can see the internal wirings ..