Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sepultura

Ceiling Fan Reliability : Your Long-term Experiences

Hi all, looking for your experiences with ceiling fans AND their after-sales support/service, after you have had them for 2-3 years. On this forum I see a lot of suggestions about where to buy new fans and where to get the best prices, but not much info on reliability after long use.

I've got to replace the fans in both my bedrooms, and now need to make a decision on the brand.

The bedroom fans are Amasco brand, less than a year old. In this one year, I have had to get the service guys over three times for repairs for both the fans. One fan had a motor problem, one had a remote receiver problem, and several other defects. The service is frankly sub-standard, and I dont want to use Amasco again as I have lost all confidence in them - the service tech was supposed to come on Friday but never turned up, can't get a proper answer from the company either.

There's a crestar fan in the living room that's been working fine for a couple of years now, and a fanco in the third bedroom which is also doing fine.

Please share your experience here if you have had fans for over 2-3 years now. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, looking for your experiences with ceiling fans AND their after-sales support/service, after you have had them for 2-3 years. On this forum I see a lot of suggestions about where to buy new fans and where to get the best prices, but not much info on reliability after long use.

I've got to replace the fans in both my bedrooms, and now need to make a decision on the brand.

The bedroom fans are Amasco brand, less than a year old. In this one year, I have had to get the service guys over three times for repairs for both the fans. One fan had a motor problem, one had a remote receiver problem, and several other defects. The service is frankly sub-standard, and I dont want to use Amasco again as I have lost all confidence in them - the service tech was supposed to come on Friday but never turned up, can't get a proper answer from the company either.

There's a crestar fan in the living room that's been working fine for a couple of years now, and a fanco in the third bedroom which is also doing fine.

Please share your experience here if you have had fans for over 2-3 years now. Thanks.

my hall fanco is already 4yrs old now, motor is still strong and paint work is still good, no corrosion, erosion etc. however, motor seems to be getting louder and sometime with cak cak sounds, but regular WD40 lubrication can solve the problem.

I'm replying this while enjoying the wind from my ceiing fan now. :D

For my BRs, all having KDK wall mounted and Toshiba aircon :sport-smiley-004:

Curently using super casa...bought from PDF (jalan besar, near poh Joo)..Dont like the after sales services.

1) regulator spoilt.

2) Bring down and get a new one.

3) Spoilt again!!!! The staff over there like beng type.

4) Fan got sound, call them and want to charge us $40 transport fees!!!!

In the end, ask my id to check for me. Now no sound. Ok. Save $40. My ceiling fan casting (for lights) change colour! They gave me initmation! Horror! What to do? Move on....Wait it spoilt again, then change into new one. And feel like being chop also!

Remember, PDF ...dont go there!

I was using the National ceiling fan... Didn't really take care of it... Just some cleaning and that's it... No breakdowns, no problems...

:sport-smiley-003: thanks for sharing this kind of topic you have posted here in your forum thanks a lot for useful idea,, :yamseng:

8|:bangwall::dancingqueen::dunno::notti::deal::bath::(

:unsure:Fanimation :furious:

Curently using super casa...bought from PDF (jalan besar, near poh Joo)..Dont like the after sales services.

1) regulator spoilt.

2) Bring down and get a new one.

3) Spoilt again!!!! The staff over there like beng type.

4) Fan got sound, call them and want to charge us $40 transport fees!!!!

In the end, ask my id to check for me. Now no sound. Ok. Save $40. My ceiling fan casting (for lights) change colour! They gave me initmation! Horror! What to do? Move on....Wait it spoilt again, then change into new one. And feel like being chop also!

Remember, PDF ...dont go there!

Ya I bought from PDF 3 yrs ago. Had Amosco in mind then but got 'saiko' by the sales lady to get supercase. Wondering if bec their profit margn high... hahahah..... Saying what Amasco made in CHina, Supercasa in USA, stronger power, no sound... WTF! Durig installation day already **** of problem and ah beng attitude.... Within few months, fan speed slow down tremendously, shaky and got sound! Called them to service, after sales service like ****! Got to pay service charges but problems still comes back after few mths. Now all the 3 fans got to 'service' at least once a yr to get back the speed! All these need to pay tpt charges and capacitor charges.... KNS! My other Franco bought 2yr before them also no problem at all till now. 10yrs ago I bought Amasco for my previous flat only have motor slowed down problem after 5 yrs... unlike this PDF's recommendation! I will never go back to this shop again!

Bought a rega and 2 elmarks about 2 years ago. One of the fan blades of the Rega just broke. The elmarks are still doing fine.

blades broke? sure sounds dangerous!

my contribution: National wall mount fan & remote control - more than 5 years still powerful. :)