Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
honeyclub

A Fore Room Flat

Actually, is the top of the fridge difficult to open/close ah? Handle is @ middle of the fridge?

BTW, may I know why is this fridge so ex? I seen the fire engine red one. Nice.

European?

Full S/S?

Branded?

SMEG I believe is from Italy, yes it is full SS and I do believe it's ranked along side brands such as miele and gaggenau.

These fridges look nice but I understand there were issues about their suitability operating in our local conditions. The situation could have been rectified now though.

Hey eagle, was there such an issue, please do tell which brands in particular were facing this. Were issues pinned towards the humidity of our climate?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yes the issue is the humidity of our climate

don't think it's really such a big issue

the fridge might only last 8 years instead of 15 in their country

but will you keep a fridge for 15 years, taking the higher electricity consumption into consideration? :notti:

hey AF, the remote was installed when the electricians installed my lights. I believe it would be easier if you have a false ceiling. The fundamentals are very much like a TV remote there are 4 buttons A to D so what happened is that i have A linked to my dining light, B to 4 sets of down lights at my TV area and C to 7 lights for my foyer and dining area and D basically lights all up. So rather than having a 4 gang switch, i have a remote control that i can switch on and off from anywhere within my living area and dining even kitchen given the fact my flat is small.

You can head to Chan Huat at Balestier for a demo i bought it there around 20+ for the gadget and installation was free for me.

Hope this helps dude

Hey bro I got it from Chan Huat their main/flagship store in Balestier. Price is around $25

and thanks for the comment. I am eagerly awaiting my carpentry work to begin, going to

customize a fish tank underneath the feature wall hee hee :D

hi honeyclub,

i am also very interested in this remote control can to share to brand on the remote?? thank you ver much :)

thanks honeyclub for the intro

went to chan huat

they have all kinds of stuff there

for your models it 29.95 SGD for the px

and now they have the same model but with dimmer

38 bucks

quite cool man

am considering getting it

hi honeyclub,

i am also very interested in this remote control can to share to brand on the remote?? thank you ver much :)

hi, im not sure of the model but I believe the most prudent way is to remember how the remote looks on in my picture and ask them for it. They probably only have around 2-3 models but best guide is their using the exact same remote in their showroom. The blurdy electricians threw the boxes away so can't really recall the brand, apologies :D

some new entries

washer and dryer is finally in, now I can truly feel how puny my kitchen in ..h..oo..ray.. ah notice that some tiles are removed cause not up to par in terms of standards :(

27092008039tx7.th.jpgthpix.gif

our floor is done, we went for laminate as it seems to make monetary sense, anyways we're building a bay windos seatee if that's what it's called

27092008040uh5.th.jpgthpix.gif

closer look

27092008041co0.th.jpgthpix.gif

ladyboss loves butterflies so we decided to get the white diamantini & domeniconi clock against our red wall...honestly I feel the butterflies will scare her one day as she's pretty scared of moths... :D

27092008042sx5.th.jpg

saw this while buying the butterfly clock, will be getting this before Christmas think it's a neat idea. You can find this at XZQT

26tg9.th.jpgthpix.gif

went to chan huat

38 bucks

quite cool man

aye SF do get it, I feel it's worth the moolah. Honestly, this is a saving grace, we saved quite alot simply by getting this and not installing additional switches. Also, you can bargain for the price I got mine at $25 :D

Cheers

went to chan huat

38 bucks

quite cool man

i wonder if de electrician hired by my ID knows how to fix up such a device? is it possible i have a switch for the lights n yet able to on/off it with such a device? in case de switch fails me in de future, i dun have to do rewiring all over? :jawdrop:

i wonder if de electrician hired by my ID knows how to fix up such a device? is it possible i have a switch for the lights n yet able to on/off it with such a device? in case de switch fails me in de future, i dun have to do rewiring all over? :jawdrop:

Don't have to, if the remote is dead, just have to use the switch to toggle the lights. Also, place the module at a designated point that is easy to access for example close to a downlight so when it's gone, you can easily replace it. Anyways most electricians will be able to fix this no issues. :D good luck

thanks honey club for the advice

i was thinking after fixing this up, i can save on the switches

but qn is i must have a switch for this in addition to the remote rite?

if so hw did u save on the switches?

or u meant additional switches as in 3 way 4 gang etc?

thanks

what i got from chan huat was that i will have 1 switch only

if i switch it on i can use the remote to control all the lightings

correct me if i m wrong

Don't have to, if the remote is dead, just have to use the switch to toggle the lights. Also, place the module at a designated point that is easy to access for example close to a downlight so when it's gone, you can easily replace it. Anyways most electricians will be able to fix this no issues. :D good luck

huh? wat do u mean use the switch to toggle the lights? i tot u use this remote? than no more install the switch liao? dis module not from anywhere can on n off all the light points in the house one? how come need place at a designated point? how to replace? buy a new switch? no need program?

i better check with my ID if his electrician knows how to. dun wanna end up with a white elephant lying at home. :(

thanks honey club for the advice

i was thinking after fixing this up, i can save on the switches

but qn is i must have a switch for this in addition to the remote rite?

if so hw did u save on the switches?

or u meant additional switches as in 3 way 4 gang etc?

thanks

what i got from chan huat was that i will have 1 switch only

if i switch it on i can use the remote to control all the lightings

correct me if i m wrong

You can use your existing switch for that purpose to toggle the lights on and off if the remote fails. Also, your right in saying that with only 1 switch on, the rest is via the remote :D

huh? wat do u mean use the switch to toggle the lights? i tot u use this remote? than no more install the switch liao? dis module not from anywhere can on n off all the light points in the house one? how come need place at a designated point? how to replace? buy a new switch? no need program?

i better check with my ID if his electrician knows how to. dun wanna end up with a white elephant lying at home. :(

placing it at a designated spot allows you to change the module should it fail. It just makes refreshing the hardware earier. Don't need to buy new switch and programming is more of how the electrician circuits the lights, it's pretty easy as my electrician understands what this remote is about and how I wanted my lights segemented. :D

thanks honey club for the clarification

very good recommendation

also lessens the need for more switches and convenient since u can switch ur lites on from any part of the house

will be doing it for my living room and my mbr

hehe

very good recommendation

also lessens the need for more switches and convenient since u can switch ur lites on from any part of the house

hehe

great to hear you like it and amazingly your choice of rooms are exactly the same as mine.

:D

very good recommendation

hehe

haha. will having this in more than one area make u confuse as to which remote belong to which room? cos i was like thinking of doing one for living+foyer, kitchen+dining n mbr :jawdrop:

haha. will having this in more than one area make u confuse as to which remote belong to which room? cos i was like thinking of doing one for living+foyer, kitchen+dining n mbr :jawdrop:

Not to worry, the remotes are mutually exclusive, I tried out my MBR's remote at the living area didnt work. So rest assured it's fine. :D

Tomorrow collecting sink and carpentry work will start tomorrow as well, probably another update on Sunday.

Cheerios