Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enz

Paint Normal Bedroom Door

hi

i've stripped away a layer of paint from the door, and applied this "quick dry base coat" (paint shop auntie recommend) on the door. but i applied using paint brush and i can see the base coat not even, with lines (like the brush bristles) running all over on the door surface. applying paint on this liney surface can still see these lines, so what should i do now?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wooden door or Steel door?

unless u use air brush, it is common to see brittles lines.

u need to paint several coats, using good brushes and gently brush without heavy forces onto the surface.

Quick dry paint is thinner base which is use on steel surface. Remember to use the same thinner base surface coat. (if u add thinner as a solvent on those turpentine base paint, u get 'jellies', the paint curdle.

Wooden door or Steel door?

unless u use air brush, it is common to see brittles lines.

u need to paint several coats, using good brushes and gently brush without heavy forces onto the surface.

Quick dry paint is thinner base which is use on steel surface. Remember to use the same thinner base surface coat. (if u add thinner as a solvent on those turpentine base paint, u get 'jellies', the paint curdle.

thks for the reply.

its a wooden door.

i already gave up, so i just sand down the base coat to make the bristle lines less obvious, and cover up with 1 coat of oil-base type glossy paint. although still a little "liney", but i already very sianz doing that stupid door already. :curse::curse: