Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hasibee

Leather Sofa Vs Fabric Sofa

hi all, so if full leather one can't tell with naked eye if it's really full & will

crack in couple years, what bout half leather? what brands are good?

possible to get for 3 seater around $2k ? many thanks :D

Full leather means the whole sofa is leather, half leather is the seat, back and armrests are leather the rest is synthetic.

It is possible to tell by looking and touching.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Full leather means the whole sofa is leather, half leather is the seat, back and armrests are leather the rest is synthetic.

It is possible to tell by looking and touching.

Honestly, I have been told alot of stories about dishonest furniture shops actually using only half leather, or split leather, while only the seat is leather and selling it as'full leather'. I think you can immediately tell if it is fake or not by the prices eg.Those who sell 3 +2 seater full leather sofas below $2K..

Go for more reputable brands.. and judging from all the past posts on this forums, try to avoid unknown brands at furniture fairs and exhibitions.

Honestly, I have been told alot of stories about dishonest furniture shops actually using only half leather, or split leather, while only the seat is leather and selling it as'full leather'. I think you can immediately tell if it is fake or not by the prices eg.Those who sell 3 +2 seater full leather sofas below $2K..

Go for more reputable brands.. and judging from all the past posts on this forums, try to avoid unknown brands at furniture fairs and exhibitions.

Hi all! I'm new here. Do anyone know anything about Kelvin Giomani Sofa? Is it worth to buy as i really like the design and quality very much! The sales at furniture club says that it's 100% genuine leather form italy and comes with certificate. Pls advise...

Hi all! I'm new here. Do anyone know anything about Kelvin Giomani Sofa? Is it worth to buy as i really like the design and quality very much! The sales at furniture club says that it's 100% genuine leather form italy and comes with certificate. Pls advise...

Kelvin Giormani is made in China using Italian leather. Quality is OK, if you are paying imported price then too much but if it is cheap then ok.

Guest Goobii

Leather after a while will crack even with proper maintaining, because SINGAPORE weather is too warm and is only good for COLD country and if somehow stained with RED WINE which sip into the leather skin even worse and cannot be wash or cleaned. Got pets or baby will be horrible as they will either scratch of poke with pen , the real leather is not warm but got SMELL... the fake leather will be warm . (COST of real leather sofa $3xxx)

Fabric after a while lost colour if consider use for wash and stain easily by red wine and coffee however, it could be replaced easily and also can buy those fabric cushion wash for car seat to clean up the mess. Vacuum it and the dust will be pickup without fail & can change the fabric colour anytime. Rewrapping the seat is possible (COST of fabric sofa $1xxx)

By the WAY... who would want to use the SOFA for more than 5yrs... I rather change it to have a fresh new feeling....

Just like HP or CAR, I don't believe anyone will be using the OLD model HP for more than 2 to 3yrs.... for car... if got choice then 5yrs... else 7yr then change... worse to worse no money... drive 10yr lor..

PRICE vs DURATION

Edited by Goobii

What kind of leather cream can one use to condition a new leather sofa and where can I buy it from? Homefix perhaps?

furniture club is selling sofa with special belgium fabric whereby is water-proof.. the fabric itself comes with a special threading to prevent the water from sip in..

so if accidentally some water is pour on it, still be be wipe away.. easier to maintain.. different colours available as well... and heard from the sales guy, can be remove for machine wash.. bt i think the cost will be on a higher side if such fabric is chosen..

not to undermine furniture club but i bought my dining, sofa and bed from that shop from 2007... they assured me that the dining seat is genuine leather as well as my bedframe headboard.. for two years, all metal components are rusty now, the leather turned out to be synthetic or PU & PVC anfd the JG Nino brand of matress i bought is defective... the after sales service really sucks! the fabric sofa always have feathers comming out upto now and is very poorly sewned!i called them to help me complain for the defective matress since the sales person named "Doreen" of JG Nino is not receptive regarding my case, it has been almost 2 months now and still no action... unfortunately, the Furniture Club customer service named Nicholas already resigned from the company and now, i'm back to square one from complaining...

The sales person before in Furniture Club was "Leslie" and the last reno showcase in expo, i saw him but he is now in another company called "Species" also selling the same furnitures...

As per my experience, i wouldn't recommend Furniture Club and the Species cause i think the prodect and the sales persons are not trustworthy... I really regret getting my furnitures from them... Hay..