Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sin

Hdb 3rm Resale

I new to this forum and need some advice.

I am single and looking for a 3rm flat. Recently saw two property listings at Marsiling.

Both flats (3A), 1 low floor and 1 high floor, low Val but Cov @$35K. Both flats are more than 30yrs.

Is it really worth to pay the $35K Cov for flat that more than 30yrs? Just wondering, is there any 3rm flat with reasonable Val n Cov?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

3A has the biggest floor space among 3-room flat, so its selling price should be higher too. $35K COV is not uncommon though the global economy outlook is not good now. Only couple of months ago, sellers were asking $50-$70K COV for 3-room flats.

You can try to bargain to say, $20K. If there is no taker, some desperate sellers might want to sell it at a lower COV.

To some people, it is worth to pay $35K COV for a > 30 yrs old 3-room flat, because you won't find newer 3-room flats in mature estate.

For flats with low COV, you have to be patient & look around. If you can wait, it would be better to get a flat during end of this yr. The private property market has cooled down, I would expect HDB resale market to follow its step sooner or later.

This $35K COV is about 20% of the VAL. That why I wonder is it worth to pay.

20%?! You can really forget it. I only paid 8.5% for my 3-room flat in TPY early this year.

20%?! You can really forget it. I only paid 8.5% for my 3-room flat in TPY early this year.

I paid 8.5% above valuation for HDB 3rm flat in Clementi (next to MRT) last May.

20% above valuation... really high for a 3rm flat

Plus the location is the really up north.

I agree with the rest.

35K is really not worth it... for a place that up north.

I jus bought my resale at amk, ave 3, jus 5 mins from MRT... n my COV is 20K.. and that is very high alrdy.

Consider that I can get amk at COV 20K.... somemore next to MRT..... you should really forget abt the 35K one.

B patience, sure no regrets one.

I paid 8.5% above valuation for HDB 3rm flat in Clementi (next to MRT) last May.

20% above valuation... really high for a 3rm flat

Plus the location is the really up north.

Thanks for all the advices.

Saw a no. of property listings for the past few months, whether the VAL about or below 200K, quite a no. of the COV asking by sellers are at least 10% above the VAL.

Wonder is this the current standard?

Standard is defined by human beings :P

Sellers will definitely want to sell high, but being the buyer, you are free to bargain with them & buy low.

The market is not so hot now, don't think they can stay strong in demanding high COV.

Definitely not worth paying $35k for COV for a 3A unit irregardless of location. Might as well get a 4NG unit in a mature estate. Imagine you still have to spend another $20 to 30k for reno which involves hacking. U have to do the comparison yourself.