Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
s5566

Beware! Bad Lighting Shop

Hi all,

I would like to share my bad experience with your. I never condemn a shop like this before. Trust me!

This lighting shop at 320 Balestier road, called Palace of Lights & Furnishings are really dishonest. The can say how good how good for their products but beware!

I brought many lighting from them for my new house. After sometime I noticed that all my light start to blackout one by one. Of course, I go and checkout, first some tube was faulty, I have to buy for new one and the shop people whose sell me the new one saw my tube and told me that this kind are very low quality blub!!! Damm! Without branded some more@!

Never mind, I checked all the other lighting, all those connector holders for the blub already got crack on it!

Worse! Now my kitchen light totally down! And this happen from day one actually, because sometime can turn ON sometime cannot. I am lazy to find out the fault that time. Now both ballast spoilt!

Suck quality and bad after sale service. There more (eg.. price ganna cheated) but I think I will stop here.

Good luck to those whose go after this shop for lighting.

I think they also got another named "Palace Lights Pte Ltd" beware.

Edited by s5566

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The reputation of this company is not good....as I read from the forum before..

Haiz.. I can understand the frustration man..

:(:( Just changed two ballast yesterday. Total so far changed 3 fluorescent tube (in a month time). 2 ballast. 5 tube holder. Sad not sure more to come a not? paid $ still got to DIY myself in the end. The old ballast was normal type also no branded at all (guess DIY one) , they told me is good quality somemore ;)

if you ready carefully, i think a lot ppl complaint about this company before.

what is the brand for your ballast and lamp?

yap, u r right joemit7850. I shld be more careful. Recently then found out abt this forum :good:

As mentioned the ballast & lamp they gave came with no brand at all. Yet I trusted them to provide me with Philips brand as was told, now said too much also too late :bangwall: em... bad!

Edited by s5566

yap, u r right joemit7850. I shld be more careful. Recently then found out abt this forum :good:

As mentioned the ballast & lamp they gave came with no brand at all. Yet I trusted them to provide me with Philips brand as was told, now said too much also too late :bangwall: em... bad!

i bought 3 fans from them, the price is cheaper than chan huat. but for lights, i found lightcraft to be better in terms of price and quality.

I emphatise with your frustration. I experienced this before in other shops...especially Sim Lim Sq. Nevertheless have not experienced this on any of the lighting shops along Ballestier or Jln Besar thus far.

If a ceiling fluroscent light fail within a few days, before you call your lighthing shop, pause to confirm it is not due to the installation fault first. Often time a simple loose connection or even a green earth wire not touching the metal body can cause the light to go off. In such case, swapping the bulb on another light is the only sure way to confirm that you were not given defective bulbs.

Yet there are other times the lighting shop warned me about buying cheaper PLC bulb to save cost. I went ahead to buy a cheaper PLC bulb brand (Akira) anyway and true enough, about 10% of them failed within a month. I did not complain as I was warned!

i also got my lights from there.. alread post their bad quality n service somewhere in the forum.. lousy pp never any phones calls till my contractor help me to complain them..

intended to change my ceiling light soon after got enuf money.. but this time will get from my contractor's uncle shop.. more reliable..

all my lights from them.. change my 2 toilets lights bulb less than a yr.. one dinning room light glass holder metal pc spoilt.. now left expose anyway bulb connector got prob..