Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi: anyone has come across or engaged creative furniture designer that can help me put some of my "junks" and make it into some creative piece of "art"? I hate to throw them away and do not want to keep them in the store room either. I have some ideas but i may not have the workshop and tools to be able to make it happen.

I am willing to pay a fee for the service. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Why don't you approach those art schools like NAFA or LaSalle about this?

What I did with them before was very interesting; I needed to create a signboard for my F&B outlet plus a small re-branding exercise (eg logos, corporate colours, letterheads, namecards' designs, etc) and I approached one of these art school. Just so happened that the semester was just starting and the teacher decided to make my 'job' the final year project for the students. They will compete with each other to come up with the design, judged by a panel of judges including the teachers and myself. The top winner gets $1000 cash, which will be sponsored by me.

Cheap way to get some creativity done here, plus it benefited the school and students with a real-life project. But of course don't expect professional outcome lah...

Thanks for the suggestion and refirmation. I have actually thought about this before as i do quite a bit of community work helping the youth. I am not certain if this is something the school would like for their students to do. For example, i have to confessed that i am a car nut. I have these very beautiful pair of car headlamps, which i took out when i bought my last car (which is sold now) and i have some unique car spares even to a special US indented exhaust system.

My idea is to turn all my loves to something that i can use and put in my "space" and enjoy them. At this pt, it is all in the store room and my wife have been nagging me for the longest time to throw them away.

Imagine you have a pair of car headlamps in you room providing you "lights" cool :notti: right!! or an exhaust system hanging on the wall as an art piece or make it into a tall table wow!!. :yamseng:

If anyone has suggestion or contacts, pls PM me. I will drive around some of these industrial park this weekends and see if there are small shops that can help to do some cutting/welding for me .....

cheers

Why don't you approach those art schools like NAFA or LaSalle about this?

What I did with them before was very interesting; I needed to create a signboard for my F&B outlet plus a small re-branding exercise (eg logos, corporate colours, letterheads, namecards' designs, etc) and I approached one of these art school. Just so happened that the semester was just starting and the teacher decided to make my 'job' the final year project for the students. They will compete with each other to come up with the design, judged by a panel of judges including the teachers and myself. The top winner gets $1000 cash, which will be sponsored by me.

Cheap way to get some creativity done here, plus it benefited the school and students with a real-life project. But of course don't expect professional outcome lah...