Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudo

Advice For Homeowners

Hi people,

I'm a interior/styling designer. I've come to hear about this webby from my client this afternoon. Frankly, I was very curious about it and decide to see what is it about.

Frankly after looking through some of them, i realise some are actually contractors & designers who pose as owners. frankly, I don't think its very ethical.

So, I hope that i can help advice people here with no obligations.

Just for your info:

Worked in a big contractor firm for my first job.

Went on to try out the "style" at a certain company at IMM.

Worked in a reputable design "pioneer" company

Worked at home styling/interior design company

Now with my own comany doing mainly referrals

So be it questions about contractors or designers, I hope i can help you in some ways. Don't intend to gain anything from here. Just wana help.

( i will try to log in daily, if not i hope you can wait )

:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi people,

I'm a interior/styling designer. I've come to hear about this webby from my client this afternoon. Frankly, I was very curious about it and decide to see what is it about.

Frankly after looking through some of them, i realise some are actually contractors & designers who pose as owners. frankly, I don't think its very ethical.

So, I hope that i can help advice people here with no obligations.

Just for your info:

Worked in a big contractor firm for my first job.

Went on to try out the "style" at a certain company at IMM.

Worked in a reputable design "pioneer" company

Worked at home styling/interior design company

Now with my own comany doing mainly referrals

So be it questions about contractors or designers, I hope i can help you in some ways. Don't intend to gain anything from here. Just wana help.

( i will try to log in daily, if not i hope you can wait )

:yamseng:

Ok welcome to the forum if u r sincere in helping out the home owners.

Ok welcome to the forum if u r sincere in helping out the home owners.

Hi Pseudo, can u help to come out with an estimated reno cost base on what i am going to do for my hse? shld I publish the list here or PM you??? :dunno:

Hi Pseudo,

My Interior Designer Firm suggests that we do install solid surface top (approximately $85 per ft) for the kitchen and laminated wood flooring (S$5.60 per square ft) for our 3 x bedroom.

Me and my wife was thinking of using granite instead of solid surface at S$136 per ft and parquet flooring for the 3 bedrooms at S$8.80 per square ft.

We understand that solid top are very susceptible to scratches but granite stone might crack over time?

Care to offer some advice?

Hi Pseudo,

My Interior Designer Firm suggests that we do install solid surface top (approximately $85 per ft) for the kitchen and laminated wood flooring (S$5.60 per square ft) for our 3 x bedroom.

Me and my wife was thinking of using granite instead of solid surface at S$136 per ft and parquet flooring for the 3 bedrooms at S$8.80 per square ft.

We understand that solid top are very susceptible to scratches but granite stone might crack over time?

I chose black galaxy granite over solid top for kitchen cabinet. No regret!

White solid top is prone to staining but black solid top is prone to scratches.

Hi Pseudo, can u help to come out with an estimated reno cost base on what i am going to do for my hse? shld I publish the list here or PM you??? :dunno:

Hi Newbie,

Sure I'll give u a rough estimate. You can email me the list and your plan ( for a closer estimate ) @ riussg@hotmail.com

Hi Pseudo,

Hi Clyde13,

frankly that's quite a favourite question most owners ask. Scratch wise, indefinitely granite being a hard stone is better resistance to scratches. But when u say granite MIGHT crack over time, well it depends on the area of usage. But from what i heard from people who loves stones of this sort, chances of it happening, very very low for kitchen top. Unless it's by man-made accident.And i've never come across as well.

Seems like you guys are the natural-lover of materials. Well, laminate floor & timber floor difference is , of course firstly price. If in the future, you wana do replacement for timber floor, it'll cost you definitely more. Contractors will charge you for the replacement,labour and re-buff & re-varnish( it's a must ). which will add up to quite abit. Whereas for laminate floor it's easier & cheaper to replace. If you have young kids, you might wana consider. because timber floor can only be re-buff max 3-4 times. Unless you have a considerable deep pocket. If it's because you don't like the hollow feel of laminate floor when you step on it, you might wana pay about $7+ for a thicker laminate floor of about 12 mm. It definitely eliminate the hollowness feeling when u step on it.

Hope I helped answer your concerns.

Cheers

Do you think 5k can renovate a 3 rm kitchen? on tight budget.. juz need to build a kitchen cabinet , counter top, relocate some power pts and piping for kitchen and toilet. You have website to show work that you done?

So i still thinking whether to choose post form top or solid surface for my kitchen top. I have limited budgets so dunno is post form top gd enough?

Post form top should be good enough. Frankly just take care not to create dents or small holes in it. then it should be fine. for the sink area keep it dry after washing. it should last you as long as the solid surface.

Do you think 5k can renovate a 3 rm kitchen? on tight budget.. juz need to build a kitchen cabinet , counter top, relocate some power pts and piping for kitchen and toilet. You have website to show work that you done?

ya..

talking about that....any good web designer to recommend? been trying to find one...either to ex or they don't include stuffs that i want. like some do designing but don't do hosting..~sigh

if it's just those items you listed, why not. but it depend what table top & length of cabinets.

Post form top should be good enough. Frankly just take care not to create dents or small holes in it. then it should be fine. for the sink area keep it dry after washing. it should last you as long as the solid surface.

ya..

talking about that....any good web designer to recommend? been trying to find one...either to ex or they don't include stuffs that i want. like some do designing but don't do hosting..~sigh

if it's just those items you listed, why not. but it depend what table top & length of cabinets.

Oh then y ppl choose solid surface over post form top? May i know the pros and cons of each table top?

Oh then y ppl choose solid surface over post form top? May i know the pros and cons of each table top?

from aesthetic point of view..both r the same....but i guess its a case of "monkey see monkey do...."

for home owners, interior design is not about the latest trend but most importantly the interiors must reflect the character of the people staying there.