Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudo

Advice For Homeowners

booy - Any idea if I can keep the sink, tap and shower screen if I am hacking the toilet walls? If I'm not changing the toilet floor, so it won't affect the water proofing of the flooring right?

Y hack wall tiles when u're ain't doing ur flooring? U can simply overlay wall tiles...

Loose items like wash basin, tap, accessories can be re-used.. But not for custom-made items, like shower screen, due to its fixed panels n dimensions constraint...

The conditions of both the walls and flooring are in good condition.. Just that the walls are those uneven homogenous or country tiles that are very hard to maintain in the long run, so I'm thinking of hacking the walls only..

Tot of overlay, but wouldn't it make the toilet even smaller? Can all wall tiles be overlaid, regardless of the texture of the tiles?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Overlaying can be done de... Physically, u can't see the diff in size for overlaying wall tiles...

We're talking abt total width 1500mm minus <45mm (for overlaying wall tiles on both sides)...

I dun think the overlaying for 1 side wall +/- 20mm will do any great difference lor...

i went to the one at singapore expo, hope to get some cheap lobang. but end up didn't get any. over there too pushy till i cannot stand it. did met a handful of good ones but still cannot sign in peace. i do not feel good lo. End up signing out with others. shows like this is good only for checking prices, that what i felt.

just do not sign on the spot. take some time off to think before you sign.

I just went to Living Home in Expo last weekend.. Really very pushy.. Some state like 18K for basic reno for 4-room.. Well.. I simply dun know how much hidden cost there is..

Overlaying can be done de... Physically, u can't see the diff in size for overlaying wall tiles...

We're talking abt total width 1500mm minus <45mm (for overlaying wall tiles on both sides)...

I dun think the overlaying for 1 side wall +/- 20mm will do any great difference lor...

true true.. Will consider whether to hack or not after getting quotes.. Curious.. which ID you are from?

Edited by booy

I'm ain't from any ID... Jus an ABC contractor who tries to KPO in RenoTalk...

Giving fellow forumers some advise n right comments... Rather than seeing some 'gey kiang' misleading other laymans... ^^

Edited by de_Pierre

I'm ain't from any ID... Jus an ABC contractor who tries to KPO in RenoTalk...

Giving fellow forumers some advise n right comments... Rather than seeing some 'gey kiang' misleading other laymans... ^^

At least there's some contractor like you willing to share your experience.. Or else owners who know nuts like me will have big headache trying to understand tons of reno things..

is it a must to have concrete support for the kitchen sink?

i saw some of the pic of ppl having their reno done and the have concrete wall n base to support their kitchen sink before they lay their solid surface kitchen top over.

im still sourcing for IDs and i asked the question to 1 of the ID and he say nowadays all use wood.

Is this true?

is it a must to have concrete support for the kitchen sink?

i saw some of the pic of ppl having their reno done and the have concrete wall n base to support their kitchen sink before they lay their solid surface kitchen top over.

im still sourcing for IDs and i asked the question to 1 of the ID and he say nowadays all use wood.

Is this true?

Yes.. do you mean by the based. at 50mm to constructed the cabinet.

What I am saying, Yes, you must build a 50mm based. The picture that is show, they already construct the concrete based with the floor tiles lay.

Concrete sink/stove support is meant for those hsehold who did heavy cooking... Its not a 'must' to be built for sink/stove area... Concrete support is well known for its durability n easy maintenance...

Solid surface worktop is used on concrete supports for to replace tiles, have a better outlook, intro by younger generations, us! But not so practical to have solid surface worktop w/ concrete supports... Its more ex jus to get the 'fashion appearance'...

What I am saying, Yes, you must build a 50mm based. The picture that is show, they already construct the concrete based with the floor tiles lay.

ah...i misunderstood ur question :P

paiseh paiseh.

i thought u were mentioning about the base when i meant the support. my bad

Concrete sink/stove support is meant for those hsehold who did heavy cooking... Its not a 'must' to be built for sink/stove area... Concrete support is well known for its durability n easy maintenance...

Solid surface worktop is used on concrete supports for to replace tiles, have a better outlook, intro by younger generations, us! But not so practical to have solid surface worktop w/ concrete supports... Its more ex jus to get the 'fashion appearance'...

mmm.... makes sense that the owner will need a more strong support if they were to be washing a lot of dishes.

thanks all for the help :)

Edited by khet13