Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rainsnowz82

Advice On Our New Flat...

Hi all, we are drafting up the drawings for my new 4-room flat at Bedok Central and we have attached the first draft below. Have opted to merge the MBR with the adjacent room so that we will have a bigger MBR with walk-in wardrobe.. Looking forward to your comments on our designs!

Have you guys heard that the sink must never face the stove? Duno whether to be pantang or not..

We are also not too sure how much the renovation works for our designs will cost (trying to keep within budget), hope to get your advice on this.. Appreciate if you guys can also recommend reliable and not-to-expensive contractors, thanks! :bow:

kitchen.jpg

masterbedroom1.jpg

masterbedroom2.jpg

living2.jpg

living1-1.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Figo,

thanks thanks for the compliments! However, so nice also no use cos we need to know how much the reno will cost so that we can amend and adjust accordingly to fit a budget...

Roughly from your pics, your reno cost should cost you anything between $25k-$30K, as the major cost involve will be tha hacking,carpentry works for your headboard, sidetable, master bedroom tv console, and your living room tv cosole, depending on of os the materials too. as you may know in reno, carpentry works is one of the most expensive.

Hi all, we are drafting up the drawings for my new 4-room flat at Bedok Central and we have attached the first draft below. Have opted to merge the MBR with the adjacent room so that we will have a bigger MBR with walk-in wardrobe.. Looking forward to your comments on our designs!

Have you guys heard that the sink must never face the stove? Duno whether to be pantang or not..

We are also not too sure how much the renovation works for our designs will cost (trying to keep within budget), hope to get your advice on this.. Appreciate if you guys can also recommend reliable and not-to-expensive contractors, thanks! :bow:

kitchen.jpg

masterbedroom1.jpg

masterbedroom2.jpg

living2.jpg

living1-1.jpg

Base on this design, i think your renovation will cost at least 30k. Not forgeting your wiw.

Roughly from your pics, your reno cost should cost you anything between $25k-$30K, as the major cost involve will be tha hacking,carpentry works for your headboard, sidetable, master bedroom tv console, and your living room tv cosole, depending on of os the materials too. as you may know in reno, carpentry works is one of the most expensive.

We look for ID to help us draw on it. but we didnt get their contractor to finish the job. So now we are looking for advise from here whether which one can give us better offer...

Have you'll heard about Frontier? My friend intro to me but dun really know how's their reput.... :unsure:

we got one that quote us 34k..... :jawdrop: so we are looking for more option...

Hi

Wow nice drawing!

I saw that your Sink is opps your stove. if you are not particular abt Feng Shui then no issue. For Feng Shui wise it is not advise :)

my few cents worth.

Hi

Wow nice drawing!

I saw that your Sink is opps your stove. if you are not particular abt Feng Shui then no issue. For Feng Shui wise it is not advise :)

my few cents worth.

Not too sure if my ID is spooking me, but he says the pipe cannot run to align the basin beside the stove (near the window) else the piping veli obvious.. will be exposed~

We look for ID to help us draw on it. but we didnt get their contractor to finish the job. So now we are looking for advise from here whether which one can give us better offer...

Have you'll heard about Frontier? My friend intro to me but dun really know how's their reput.... :unsure:

we got one that quote us 34k..... :jawdrop: so we are looking for more option...

Wah tot you mentioned you're using a contractor to do.. then you do designs yourself... mm if you get ID to do.. including all the feature walls and dividers and WIW I think 34k.. is not a far-fetched price. Quite llikely really.

Wah tot you mentioned you're using a contractor to do.. then you do designs yourself... mm if you get ID to do.. including all the feature walls and dividers and WIW I think 34k.. is not a far-fetched price. Quite llikely really.

We thought of the designs ourselves so our ID just drew it 3D for us.. but he reali did a great job! =) The contractor we going to engage will be separate from the ID and the contractor quoted us 34K loh.. but haiz, seems that we may to give and take to suit our budget loh..

WIW reali veli ex mah? Any reliable and reasonably priced contractor to recommend?

Hi rainsnow, can share how much you pay for the drawing?

hi hi,

Let me check out with my future brother in law before i revert on this yah.. =)

carpentry is the most expensive ba... after hacking and tiling. but yours only need to tile so dun feel so much of the pinch. But carpentry must have good quality and good workmanship so hard to cut down on costs if you have a lot of carpentry...

Stuff like WIW, console, feature walls, dividers, kitchen cabinets, shoe cabinets will add up and inch up the cost.

Think so far I see brand new flats if you do really the basic only... little hacking+ kitchen (one side cabinets) + lay tiles/laminate for flooring + install necessary accessories + wardrobe ... can be 15k or less for good quality stuff ba.

But in your case got a lot more wor.

I think ah, once the ID draws the 3D it's sort of included in the charges although quotation put FOC. hahaha :) something like a hidden costs.

Look for a few contractors to compare ba. but must rem wor.. dun compromise by taking the cheapest guy but his service very lousy. After sales service is impt. :P

my estimation is minimum 30k, so the quotation you've got for $34k is a really very realistic figure. I would say this is consider cheap with the amt of carpentary you've got.