Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rainsnowz82

Advice On Our New Flat...

since you have the idea and design, why not get contractor directly and save the $$ on ID??

Must try to source for more..

Even if this contractor reduces his quotation to suit your budget,

and if you have any more additionals or amendments after you have signed on the dotted line, he will sure to "carrot" you back lor...

Then probably you have to give in or look for another contractor to do for you...i shall PM you one of my colleague contractor..

no obligations...just have a chat with him...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi rainsnowz82, looking at your nice designs, it will probably cost around 28-30k excluding lights, electrical points and curtains. Typical kitchen will cost around 2k plus while the reflective feature wall (glass?) will probably cost a fair bit too. :) Can imagine it will look very cosy when done.

since you have the idea and design, why not get contractor directly and save the $$ on ID??

Must try to source for more..

Even if this contractor reduces his quotation to suit your budget,

and if you have any more additionals or amendments after you have signed on the dotted line, he will sure to "carrot" you back lor...

Then probably you have to give in or look for another contractor to do for you...i shall PM you one of my colleague contractor..

no obligations...just have a chat with him...

The bad thing about a contractor is, you have to coordinate yourself. Meaning, if they face problems, they will call you and ask you this and that rather then propose solutions for you. The 3D pictures will not necesarily mean that you can do exactly the same.

Another problem that you might face with contractor is that if they face issues and have to stop work, you might have issues getting him to bring back his workers cos he will send his workers to another site to do rather than idle while waiting for you to decide.

the above are just some experience that I had when dealing with contractors on renovation works.

The good side is of course savings should you engage a contractor if you have the time and already have the design and color scheme in mind.

Hi rainsnowz82, looking at your nice designs, it will probably cost around 28-30k excluding lights, electrical points and curtains. Typical kitchen will cost around 2k plus while the reflective feature wall (glass?) will probably cost a fair bit too. :) Can imagine it will look very cosy when done.

Thanks for the :thumbs up: . but for the mirror wall still thinking as get to know it cosh quite alot..... Thanks for all your contact, i will give them a call once i consolidated all.... :yamseng:

Not too sure if my ID is spooking me, but he says the pipe cannot run to align the basin beside the stove (near the window) else the piping veli obvious.. will be exposed~

that is true but i think you can position the stove or sink such that they are not facing each other.

if you look at ideasmith's posting you will understand, his ID made that mistake...

my 5 cents worths

Edited by herbman76

Rainsnowz82,

nice drawing you did!

colour combination is good too.

based on what you did, you must consider the type of material that you need for all - glass, WIW, carpentry, flooring and etc.

This will affect your costing too.

If you have taken so much time for this drawing i believe you want to see the real end result of it. With that, it will be better for you to get an ID. For ID recommendation, i will leave it to the rest of our renofriends here to intro to u.

i am staying in a 4-room flat too. i had 2 rooms joined into 1. And the MBR as for now is combine as WIW and MBR.

the feeling is great definitely if you have a spacious area for the MBR but consider that you are ready to do the changes.

So the rest is up to you :) good luck renofriend.

Rainsnowz82,

nice drawing you did!

colour combination is good too.

based on what you did, you must consider the type of material that you need for all - glass, WIW, carpentry, flooring and etc.

This will affect your costing too.

If you have taken so much time for this drawing i believe you want to see the real end result of it. With that, it will be better for you to get an ID. For ID recommendation, i will leave it to the rest of our renofriends here to intro to u.

i am staying in a 4-room flat too. i had 2 rooms joined into 1. And the MBR as for now is combine as WIW and MBR.

the feeling is great definitely if you have a spacious area for the MBR but consider that you are ready to do the changes.

So the rest is up to you :) good luck renofriend.

I am also combining my MBR and the adjecent room. My reason tho is because I do not want to face the toilet door when sleeping :D

I am also combining my MBR and the adjecent room. My reason tho is because I do not want to face the toilet door when sleeping :D

Is there anything to do with fengsui? :unsure:

Just take note.. you may need another 10k or more to buy lighting, toilet accessories, washing machine.....

If total is still within your budget, still ok lor. economy not very good in now a days... :dunno:

well something u do have to do so much carpentry in order to make ur plack looks nice...well but again u are good with drawings, in this way im sure the designer will be able to know what u want more clearly....

Well, actually these drawing we get a ID :paint: to draw. I'm not the one that draw these, i pay someone to draw my ideas..... :P

oh ok ..... well so have ur place started th reno yet???

Havent yet. Now throwing out these designs for quote.. we are both veli veli lost abt the reno stuff so are glad we have you guys to approach for advice~ :sport-smiley-018:

Just take note.. you may need another 10k or more to buy lighting, toilet accessories, washing machine.....

If total is still within your budget, still ok lor. economy not very good in now a days... :dunno:

thanks for the advice, snowie. Yah, everything needs $$$ now. Haha, we veli kiasu, we bought our fridge, bed, TVs and washing machine in Aug already.. managed to find some good deals then. So now need to find money to set aside for the sofa and dining set.

Is there anything to do with fengsui? :unsure:

Duno leah, my fren say like shui huo bu rong. Dont worry lah, unless you pantang.