Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheppy

Moving In - What To Do

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

May i know what should be done on the selected moving-in day?

Thanks!

I've the same question too. But seem like no one is answering. Or perhap this topic has been discussed here before. If so, anyone care to share the link.

Thanks!

Hi CutePinkElephant, thanks for the link.

So did you follow any of the steps while opening your new house?

4) Bring a pineapple. 4 pears. A plate of "fa chai", mussels. Can place together with the "nian Gao" or mandarin oranges.

5) Tie your chopsticks/fork&spoon witha red ribbon. If got brooms, wrap with plastic the frist day. Don't sweep.

Which part of the house must we place these items?

8) Prepare some coins. $1 the best. Throw as you step into the house in the direction of the "sheng qi".

Any idea, what's "sheng qi"?

Sheng Qi is the benevolent part of your house that governs financial and reputation matters.

You need to know the birth chart (facing) of the house before you can establish where Sheng Qi is.

Hi CutePinkElephant, thanks for the link.

So did you follow any of the steps while opening your new house?

4) Bring a pineapple. 4 pears. A plate of "fa chai", mussels. Can place together with the "nian Gao" or mandarin oranges.

5) Tie your chopsticks/fork&spoon witha red ribbon. If got brooms, wrap with plastic the frist day. Don't sweep.

Which part of the house must we place these items?

8) Prepare some coins. $1 the best. Throw as you step into the house in the direction of the "sheng qi".

Any idea, what's "sheng qi"?

i follow some :P

yes i put 2 pineapple in a main door, broom(cover with plastic) and just put on the kitchen/laundry area, for fork spoon and chopstick 1 put on a kitchen table .

heheh for the coin my hubby just throw all the way he walk to the house,kitchen,living room,bedroom :P

Sheng Qi is the benevolent part of your house that governs financial and reputation matters.

You need to know the birth chart (facing) of the house before you can establish where Sheng Qi is.

Hi Diavonex, thanks!

What's the birth chart? Both owner date-of-birth? If so, how can i establish the location with the info?

i follow some :P

yes i put 2 pineapple in a main door, broom(cover with plastic) and just put on the kitchen/laundry area, for fork spoon and chopstick 1 put on a kitchen table .

heheh for the coin my hubby just throw all the way he walk to the house,kitchen,living room,bedroom :P

wow...which mean you guys got a bag full of $1 coin to toss about. what do you do with the coins later? pick up or let the contractors pocket them?

wow...which mean you guys got a bag full of $1 coin to toss about. what do you do with the coins later? pick up or let the contractors pocket them?

$88 dolars only ler..

i throw the coin only when move in day, means we will collect it back lor :) because that day we move in and stay at there already ma...:))

$88 dolars only ler..

i throw the coin only when move in day, means we will collect it back lor :) because that day we move in and stay at there already ma...:))

thanks for the reply. oic.

ok, now it got me confuse! do i do all these steps upon the 1st day collection of keys and enter the house? or do i only do these after reno are done and moving in to stay?

pls advise. thanks again.

Hi Diavonex, thanks!

What's the birth chart? Both owner date-of-birth? If so, how can i establish the location with the info?

Get a copy of Feng Shui for Home Buyer (Interior) by Joey Yap. The charts are all in there. You can get it at Popular Book shop.

thanks for the reply. oic.

ok, now it got me confuse! do i do all these steps upon the 1st day collection of keys and enter the house? or do i only do these after reno are done and moving in to stay?

pls advise. thanks again.

You do it when you are moving in to stay.

Get a copy of Feng Shui for Home Buyer (Interior) by Joey Yap. The charts are all in there. You can get it at Popular Book shop.

You do it when you are moving in to stay.

thanks again, Diavonex.

oic....now i get it. only do all these steps upon moving in to stay. okok...thanks!