Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lego

Unit Facing North West

Dear all,

Not sure if this is posted at correct section.

For this unit (not top floor) which we are interested in, there are 2 rooms which face north west, will they get lots of west sun? We have been there 3 times so far, all cloudy day thus can't really tell

And moreover, I understand that sun direction changes slightly throughout the year?

Many thanks :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's really best to view unit during day time to have a good sense of how the afternoon sun is affecting the unit.

My unit faced North-South, it does not get any afternoon sun at all, except towards end of the year at an angle into the room.

Also, it depends on the layout of the unit to know how the sun affects which room / living room etc....

Dear all,

Not sure if this is posted at correct section.

For this unit (not top floor) which we are interested in, there are 2 rooms which face north west, will they get lots of west sun? We have been there 3 times so far, all cloudy day thus can't really tell

And moreover, I understand that sun direction changes slightly throughout the year?

Many thanks :)

You will get quite a lot of direct afternoon sun entering the north-west facing windows during the months when the northern hemisphere is experiencing summer, i.e. around May to Aug. The deepest sun penetration into the house will occur during summer solstice, which I think is 21 June (if I remember correctly)

The opposite will occur for south-west facing windows. More afternoon sun when the southern hemisphere is experiencing summer, i.e. around Nov to Feb. Deepest penetration during winter solstice, i.e. the time to eat tang yuan.

A window facing North or South will get a bit of both but the afternoon sun would not enter very deep into the house thru the 12 months cycle.

Hope this simple refresher on solar season helps

Edited by Topspin