Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tmdxiaoqiang

How To Choose Air-conditioners?

just bought 4 rooms HDB flat. plan to install 3 in 1 air-con for 3 bedrooms. 14~18 msq area each.

anybody can teach invertor or non-invertor, which type is better, and price range for each.

another question is about the location for split air-cons, I'd like to put air-con above the door for each room, but my friend said it is not good, also not nice for the pipe run.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
just bought 4 rooms HDB flat. plan to install 3 in 1 air-con for 3 bedrooms. 14~18 msq area each.

anybody can teach invertor or non-invertor, which type is better, and price range for each.

another question is about the location for split air-cons, I'd like to put air-con above the door for each room, but my friend said it is not good, also not nice for the pipe run.

inverter is better but its also more expensive. You first gotta take note where your a/con units will be and how far they are from the compressor. That will determine how strong a compressor you need based on the BTU. Example if your compressor if 27000BTU and u have 3 units, each unit will have 9000BTU but not all will be cold due to distance from compressor.

A/con above door is ok but take note of the water pipe....

inverter is better but its also more expensive. You first gotta take note where your a/con units will be and how far they are from the compressor. That will determine how strong a compressor you need based on the BTU. Example if your compressor if 27000BTU and u have 3 units, each unit will have 9000BTU but not all will be cold due to distance from compressor.

A/con above door is ok but take note of the water pipe....

Thanks a Lot, Drego, for your information.

I heard for inverter, it is more efficient if on the aircon regularly long time, i understand the capical cost for invertor is higher than non-invertor, operation cost is lower. But if the aircon is not often used every night for 8 hrs. is it still worthy to buy invertor? Roughly how many hours above use per day is worth for invertor?

My masterroom got a small balcony, actually the compressor is just outside the balcony, i consider to put the aircon just above the balcony door above which is made of glass cuz nearer the compressor. I worried abt the efficiency cuz outside is direct connecting to the open air. comparing with install above the room door, wasting more energy?

so you mean during the renovation, contractor or aircon installation ppl will suggest for me the locations?

For invertor type, which brand do you recommand? how abt the Mistubish (Jack Neo), my friend recommand me national or Panasonic. about S$2600

Edited by tmdxiaoqiang

Thanks a Lot, Drego, for your information.

I heard for inverter, it is more efficient if on the aircon regularly long time, i understand the capical cost for invertor is higher than non-invertor, operation cost is lower. But if the aircon is not often used every night for 8 hrs. is it still worthy to buy invertor? Roughly how many hours above use per day is worth for invertor?

My masterroom got a small balcony, actually the compressor is just outside the balcony, i consider to put the aircon just above the balcony door above which is made of glass cuz nearer the compressor. I worried abt the efficiency cuz outside is direct connecting to the open air. comparing with install above the room door, wasting more energy?

so you mean during the renovation, contractor or aircon installation ppl will suggest for me the locations?

For invertor type, which brand do you recommand? how abt the Mistubish (Jack Neo), my friend recommand me national or Panasonic. about S$2600

I went for Daikin...My aircon man told us..

Mitsubishi parts are more EX than Daikin..

Aircon install directly abv the main door is not really adviceable, coz there is a gap that allows warm air to pass through and if your aircon is on @ that time..condensation will take place..

Since both BRs are next to each other, I went for back to back..One room will have trunkings that goes all the way to the a/c unit and to the other unit behind the wall..

Inverter saves energy and $$ if you have many units turn on @ the same time..if not you don't really see the savings..

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/