Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tkm

Hdb Approved Contractors

Please do not enrage your contractor without HDB licence. It is alright to pay abit extra. Cheap things never turn up great. If your contractor does not have HDB Licence, please tried not to advanced any payment to him. Do progressive payment, step by step. They are normally out of cash flow and will tell you many stories to make you advance payment.

Let say your contractor use another film to apply permit, than he believed he will quickly completed the wet works first. Remember what I say, do not advanced any payment to your contractor. He will tried to call you, sms you, and tell you all sort of stories that they really required the payment.

Make sure your Contract Agreement got the Letterhead and ACRA business profile name. Your Contractor IC Number must be there. If there is letterhead on your Contract Agreement, they will be disputes. All payment had to be made to the Renovation Company not to the Contractor. Make sure he issue you receipt not you issue you receipt with the Company Letterhead.

I am here just to let everyone aware of this situation and educated people that Using Contractor that does not have HDB Licence, you will have to bear all the consequences.

Carrot4, if you have already signed for the down payment. I suggested you back-off and asked if your contractor can do house painting, cornies or whatever do does not required hacking.

Cheers

Yup..yup..wil runaway wif yr money$$$

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sorry I'm still quite blur about this. Please help me clear my doubt. Let say my contractor doesn't have a HDB license, but they use another firm that has the license to apply for the permit. Is it ok for me to engage that contractor?

What's the consequence if it got caught? :(

Please do not enrage your contractor without HDB licence. It is alright to pay abit extra. Cheap things never turn up great. If your contractor does not have HDB Licence, please tried not to advanced any payment to him. Do progressive payment, step by step. They are normally out of cash flow and will tell you many stories to make you advance payment.

Let say your contractor use another film to apply permit, than he believed he will quickly completed the wet works first. Remember what I say, do not advanced any payment to your contractor. He will tried to call you, sms you, and tell you all sort of stories that they really required the payment.

Make sure your Contract Agreement got the Letterhead and ACRA business profile name. Your Contractor IC Number must be there. If there is letterhead on your Contract Agreement, they will be disputes. All payment had to be made to the Renovation Company not to the Contractor. Make sure he issue you receipt not you issue you receipt with the Company Letterhead.

I am here just to let everyone aware of this situation and educated people that Using Contractor that does not have HDB Licence, you will have to bear all the consequences.

Carrot4, if you have already signed for the down payment. I suggested you back-off and asked if your contractor can do house painting, cornies or whatever do does not required hacking.

Cheers

Do take note that even your ID firm has a HDB license, it doesn't mean that they are the one doing the reno. You probably see another contractor firm's name on the reno permit approval.

Sorry I'm still quite blur about this. Please help me clear my doubt. Let say my contractor doesn't have a HDB license, but they use another firm that has the license to apply for the permit. Is it ok for me to engage that contractor?

What's the consequence if it got caught? :(

Do take note that even your ID firm has a HDB license, it doesn't mean that they are the one doing the reno. You probably see another contractor firm's name on the reno permit approval.

You can do anything as long as you don't get caught by HDB :P

Your reno firm will apply the permit on your behalf, via a 3rd party HDB approved firm. If any disputes or illegal work arise, you being the flat owner, are liable for them, HDB will only go after you.

Nevertheless, not worth to take the risk since they are so many HDB approved companies in the market.

They will stated at thier contract wif HDB license no, I mean its letter head

You can do anything as long as you don't get caught by HDB :P

Your reno firm will apply the permit on your behalf, via a 3rd party HDB approved firm. If any disputes or illegal work arise, you being the flat owner, are liable for them, HDB will only go after you.

Nevertheless, not worth to take the risk since they are so many HDB approved companies in the market.