Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sean4U

Tell You How Much It Cost For Your Renovation

Hi to all,

Simple question that you may have for your home interior decorating..

(1)How much it cost to renovate my house?

(2)What kind of design can i expect when i have a budget?

(3)How to compare pricing and workmanship?

(4)How to tell the difference with the descriptions quoted?

(5) Choosing a ID firm to do my house.

(6) Ask me when you have all the questions about renovating and designing for your place.

All these are the questions that you have for when you have intentions to renovate your house isn't it?

Right now, i am providing services to tell you how much roughly it will cost with no obligations.

Don't ask me where i work. I am a Sales Designer somewhere out there. My being here is to help you guys to handle well your situations that you might have when looking or in the midst of having your house renovated. Feel free to drop me all the questions that you might have for designing and renovating your home.

Cheers.

you can leave your questions in here or email me at <Edited: No advertising of emails. Pl use PM system. - zirhk3355>

Edited by zirhk3355

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone, been receiving emails with regards for designing and reno enquiry. Please do remember that you may post in this forum too to get to know what you are looking for.

Cheers~!~

IF you are

"Right now, i am providing services to tell you how much roughly it will cost with no obligations. "

And since you have the common questions all listed out.. why not just type your answers out?

Thanks in advance Sean, your honest and unbiased point of view as someone from the industry would be helpful to most people here.

I do have a nagging question.. Are most carpentry items generally “rip offs” with the highest profit? Let’s take feature wall with TV console as an example. What I wanted was some basic 6 feet feature wall with TV console, but they are charged separately,

Feature Wall $180/ft

TV console $120/ft

A flat piece of wood against the wall and a plank across that board, that’s what it is, some come with drawers, with shelves and what nots, some don’t.

I was persuaded (mislead) into adding another foot so that it looks better as my hall is lengthy. Technically speaking, it’s just an extra foot of wood, laminates and some nails. A good $300 went out, but what I got back was rubbish. Proportions of the original design went off, there wasn’t an equal distribution to the design as the extras were just added to the right end of it. I can’t believe I paid $1800+$300 extension for that crap.

Also, the materials I chose were plain laminates, no glass, no metal strips, no mirrors. In another instance, someone chose all these more expensive materials, but it still costs the same?

So, carpentry charges, is it a true reflection of the costs involved in making the item itself at all? Or it just happened to a random figure given out, where the gains from it can be used to offset any other losses for some lower margin profit items?

I'm sure quite a few of us will be interested to know this industry pricing mystery.

Lawry,

Not all carpentry have ripping pricing. Carpentry like feature wall are the most common item that pricing are hard to gauge. But of course, even mirror feature are costly in most ID firm. But you got to bear in mind, before you even commit into something, ask around to know what kinda of pricing is out there in the market. Since you have been ripped, then just too bad. Only to hope the effect is good to cover the $ that you have paid.

Right?

Cheers~

Phantom,

Whats the point of posting so many things by yourself? Maybe alot of people tends to post all the pricing in here like what you meant. Serve the purposes? This is a forum to get the latest updates and not posting for the sake of posting my friend.

Cheers~

Lawry,

Not all carpentry have ripping pricing. Carpentry like feature wall are the most common item that pricing are hard to gauge. But of course, even mirror feature are costly in most ID firm. But you got to bear in mind, before you even commit into something, ask around to know what kinda of pricing is out there in the market. Since you have been ripped, then just too bad. Only to hope the effect is good to cover the $ that you have paid.

Right?

Cheers~

Phantom,

Whats the point of posting so many things by yourself? Maybe alot of people tends to post all the pricing in here like what you meant. Serve the purposes? This is a forum to get the latest updates and not posting for the sake of posting my friend.

Cheers~

It's ironic that you say you will help to provide some figures on costing. But It seems like what you have replied Lawry to be more of "to speak and say nothing". I don't see any numbers being thrown around and I think lawry wanted more details.

The point is since you are so experienced, you should help ppl who aren't. Since you already know the commonly asked questions, why not help by giving the answers now.

You did say "Right now, i am providing services to tell you how much roughly it will cost with no obligations. "

So now are you saying posting pricing does not serve any purpose?

It's ironic that you say you will help to provide some figures on costing. But It seems like what you have replied Lawry to be more of "to speak and say nothing". I don't see any numbers being thrown around and I think lawry wanted more details.

The point is since you are so experienced, you should help ppl who aren't. Since you already know the commonly asked questions, why not help by giving the answers now.

You did say "Right now, i am providing services to tell you how much roughly it will cost with no obligations. "

So now are you saying posting pricing does not serve any purpose?

Unnecessary posting like you do doesn't help much. What i can say to lawry is, he has already paid for the things. Why make him feel pain by saying things that doesn't help. Just like what you 've said. Isn't it?

Cheers~

Unnecessary posting like you do doesn't help much. What i can say to lawry is, he has already paid for the things. Why make him feel pain by saying things that doesn't help. Just like what you 've said. Isn't it?

Cheers~

Oh, I'm very free thats why i post alot! =)

Thats another matter all together. I believe that lawry when he posted his request, he really wanted to know

"Also, the materials I chose were plain laminates, no glass, no metal strips, no mirrors. In another instance, someone chose all these more expensive materials, but it still costs the same?

So, carpentry charges, is it a true reflection of the costs involved in making the item itself at all? Or it just happened to a random figure given out, where the gains from it can be used to offset any other losses for some lower margin profit items?

I'm sure quite a few of us will be interested to know this industry pricing mystery."

If you could help answer that, it will be really helpful.

By the way, you could skip all this by sending an email to advertising@renotalk.com and openly give quotes from your firm after you registered as a commercial user.

Gd Luck!

Edited by Phantom

Oh, I'm very free thats why i post alot! =)

Thats another matter all together. I believe that lawry when he posted his request, he really wanted to know

"Also, the materials I chose were plain laminates, no glass, no metal strips, no mirrors. In another instance, someone chose all these more expensive materials, but it still costs the same?

I'm sure quite a few of us will be interested to know this industry pricing mystery."

If you could help answer that, it will be really helpful.

By the way, you could skip all this by sending an email to advertising@renotalk.com and openly give quotes from your firm after you registered as a commercial user.

Gd Luck!

Glad you giving me a opportunity to get business here. But sad to say that i have never given anyone any details with regards for my company till now. As i have mentioned, why point it as expensive or not? since lawry has paid for it already, do u really think it will help by saying its cheap or expensive?My point here is to help those who is in the process of getting their home renovated and to let them know what kind of pricing is for the items required.

Lawry, sad to hear about your incident, but if you have ask earlier before getting your things done, i would say that you could have gotten a better price with the items you've mentioned. But of course, depending on the profile of the ID firm still matters and that is why i dun wanna comment much abt things that has already been done up.

Phantom, i could see that you are active in this forum as you may be posting like nothing like you have said. But not everyone post things so irrelevant like you do.

Lastly, if you wanna ask something, ASK THEN. Don't need to help me get this posting into a high hit rate one.

Thanks.

I have a kitchen wall of about 2.25m long. I want to do a set of basic kitchen base cabinets with laminated worktop. I prefer wall-hung base cabinets rather than legs or to have the kitchen kerb. I don't mind having shorter cabinets in terms of height so there is more breathing space below the cabinets.

For the top cabinets, I'm thinking of having long cabinets maybe 1 ft tall with glass panel doors.

Is this possible? The contractor I'm negotiating keeps insisting on no wall-hung cabinets and advising me to have the kitchen kerb below.

What do you think??

Edited by HDB2RM

This is an EOF. Equal Opportunities Forum. Don't need to thank me for it. Whether you are here to build up potential clients or solicit for business or just like me.. very free.. so you want to help all the chaps out here who are undergoing renovations to give them your 2 cents in how they should go about handling their reno.

Thats really your perogative of choice.

You are entitled to your own opinions having the thoughts though on the other hand, whether my posts here or in this forum is irrelevant or not, isn't really for you to judge.

What I want to ask has already been asked in previous post:

"If you could help answer that, it will be really helpful."

I see no point debating in an empty room. You don't need me to help you get this posting to a high hit rate. You can do it yourself.

Welcome.

I have a kitchen all of about 2.25m long. I want to do a set of basic kitchen base cabinets with laminated worktop. I prefer wall-hung base cabinets rather than legs or to have the kitchen kerb. I don't mind having shorter cabinets in terms of height so there is more breathing space below the cabinets.

For the top cabinets, I'm thinking of having long cabinets maybe 1 ft tall with glass panel doors.

Is this possible? The contractor I'm negotiating keeps insisting on no wall-hung cabinets and advising me to have the kitchen kerb below.

What do you think??

I have a kitchen all of about 2.25m long. I want to do a set of basic kitchen base cabinets with laminated worktop. I prefer wall-hung base cabinets rather than legs or to have the kitchen kerb. I don't mind having shorter cabinets in terms of height so there is more breathing space below the cabinets.

I want to negotiate for lower prices as the sizes for the top and base cabinets are smaller. Is this possible?

The contractor I'm negotiating keeps insisting on no wall-hung cabinets and advising me to have the kitchen kerb below.

What do you think??

I do not understand why your contractor advise you not to have the top hung cabinet. It seems no reason for him to suggest that. But if you are asking for cheaper pricing due to the size you've mentioned, i think its not possible.

When you are having suspended kitchen cabinet, ask them to install lights at the bottom so that it will create that kind of ambiance. As for the pricing, do you wanna compare?

I do not understand why your contractor advise you not to have the top hung cabinet. It seems no reason for him to suggest that. But if you are asking for cheaper pricing due to the size you've mentioned, i think its not possible.

When you are having suspended kitchen cabinet, ask them to install lights at the bottom so that it will create that kind of ambiance. As for the pricing, do you wanna compare?

Thanks for your reply.

The contractor is actually advising me not to do the wall-hung base cabinets but rather cabinets that sit nicely on the kitchen kerb; the top cabinets will still be like normal.

Do you have any prices to compare? My quote is $90/ft which I think is normal. But I'm hoping since I'm asking for small cabinets for top and bottom, is not acceptable? :(

Thanks for your reply.

The contractor is actually advising me not to do the wall-hung base cabinets but rather cabinets that sit nicely on the kitchen kerb; the top cabinets will still be like normal.

Do you have any prices to compare? My quote is $90/ft which I think is normal. But I'm hoping since I'm asking for small cabinets for top and bottom, is not acceptable? :(

Wall hung cabinet are suspended cabinet. Hmm.. but there is alot of people doing so called wall hung like you have said already. so wats the problem he has anyway?

By the way, $90 is a good catch. Go for it if everything is fine. But pls be reminded to check on the workmanship.

Cheers~

Wall hung cabinet are suspended cabinet. Hmm.. but there is alot of people doing so called wall hung like you have said already. so wats the problem he has anyway?

By the way, $90 is a good catch. Go for it if everything is fine. But pls be reminded to check on the workmanship.

Cheers~

Maybe he just wants to charge me for the kerb :notti:

Also after reading some of the postings on solid surface, I decided to go for laminated worktop to stick to my budget which not much. hehe I think he will be pissed :notti: