Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

No need to hear one. Just see can already! Ahahahahaha!

Wah bro dun like that leh me still trying my best to fit everything into my budget leh hehehehe

money not enough le :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah bro dun like that leh me still trying my best to fit everything into my budget leh hehehehe

money not enough le :(

2 storey kopi tiam still say $$ not enough?hmm....

*whisper to AJ*...we 5 room la...he must be trying to suan us le lor...u got the hint bo....:P

*whisper to AJ*...we 5 room la...he must be trying to suan us le lor...u got the hint bo....:P

eh i think you guys 5 rm is more costly than my 2 storey kopi tiam leh location all so good :bleah::bleah::bleah: in fact bishan is my wife's fav location to stay in leh

Edited by coffee_o

eh i think you guys 5 rm is more costly than my 2 storey kopi tiam leh location all so good :bleah::bleah::bleah: in fact bishan is my wife's fav location to stay in leh

dun have hor...mine only 440k...cheaper than u hor.....dun anyhow say hor!! :bleah:

dun have hor...mine only 440k...cheaper than u hor.....dun anyhow say hor!! :bleah:

slightly cheaper nia leh

but compared to my previous 5 rm which cost only 220k , i can buy 2 le leh :bleah::bleah:

slightly cheaper nia leh

but compared to my previous 5 rm which cost only 220k , i can buy 2 le leh :bleah::bleah:

wah!!!u want like dat compare de ma.....then i compare to my existing place...when get frm hdb only 70k...can buy ard 7 units lor!! :bleah::bleah::bleah:

wah!!!u want like dat compare de ma.....then i compare to my existing place...when get frm hdb only 70k...can buy ard 7 units lor!! :bleah::bleah::bleah:

ya true also i remember my parents 1st hdb only cost abt 6.5k nia

wah imagine the differences 20 yrs made ? :( our $$ is getting smaller and smaller

*whisper back to BD* Aiya, its OK lah, Kopi not trying to suan us one. He's a very generous man leh. Remember, he sponsor you wardrobe and sponsor me kitchen cabinet liao leh! :) Very 'da fang'!

*whisper back to BD* Aiya, its OK lah, Kopi not trying to suan us one. He's a very generous man leh. Remember, he sponsor you wardrobe and sponsor me kitchen cabinet liao leh! :) Very 'da fang'!

Wah lao.....

*Gag !! word being stuff into my mouth*

ya true also i remember my parents 1st hdb only cost abt 6.5k nia

wah imagine the differences 20 yrs made ? :( our $$ is getting smaller and smaller

Interesting things you guys mentioned about those 'original prices' of HDB.

Before I got my flat, I had a similar discussion with my father. When Toa Payoh was first built in the 70s, he told me he bought the best-spec 3 room flat with extra balcony at Lorong 6 for only $7 to $8k. When the flat was sold in 1988, it sold for only $40K and then we shifted to Bishan (newly built) 5 room which cost $112K. The first owner of my previous flat at 197 Bishan St 13 only got the 4S for about $75K.

Look how wild prices have spun since then....

Interesting things you guys mentioned about those 'original prices' of HDB.

Before I got my flat, I had a similar discussion with my father. When Toa Payoh was first built in the 70s, he told me he bought the best-spec 3 room flat with extra balcony at Lorong 6 for only $7 to $8k. When the flat was sold in 1988, it sold for only $40K and then we shifted to Bishan (newly built) 5 room which cost $112K. The first owner of my previous flat at 197 Bishan St 13 only got the 4S for about $75K.

Look how wild prices have spun since then....

Ya man what to do ? we should thank HDB for the "affordable" housing mah :P

LIVING AREA UPDATE

We're glad that the Living area is more or less 2/3 done. We've gotten our TV as well as chosen a sofa, so finally we have a place to sit other than lean against the storage cupboards.

tvconsole1.jpg

Previously, we had wanted to tile the wall at the back of the TV. We scouted a few nice large-sized Italian tiles and even considered mosaics but in the end, decided on simple wallpaper so that we could have the option to refresh it every couple of years. My preference was more of a white-based Paul Smith striped type, but my wife felt it wouldn't be good to watch TV with too many find stripes in the background, so we settled for this simple black-grey-silver.

sofa02.jpg

Thanks to New's feedback and recommendation, we popped by Hommage to check out the sofa. We had initially saw a similar design at Harvey Norman, but was rather uncomfortable with the salesperson's continous upselling and persistence - From fabric they tried to get us to spend almost double to get full leather etc. Hommage provided sincere and efficient service and with very reasonable prices as well.

Now the next step is to get the secondary seating chairs and side table to complete. We've also got to work the layout of the furniture there abit too, cos' its really quite a tight space. Actually, I had wanted to get the compact Muji L-shaped set, but my parents didn't find it comfy so had to give it a miss.

Hi Adrian! nice floor plan of you new house..

Congrats for that reno..

Thanks lksoon.

The main reno's done, but we've still got a couple of things left to settle and are working on it.

Hope to sort it out soon too! :)

Wah lao.....

*Gag !! word being stuff into my mouth*

Weiweiwei ... Not only I say hor, BD, Ivy and PJ also say one! :)

Ehehehehe!

Ya man what to do ? we should thank HDB for the "affordable" housing mah :P

Sometimes actually, its not totally HDB's fault lah. Its really the mentality of greed and kiasuism and of course also the market spoilers who have contributed to 'affordability' or rather lack of; in terms of housing here. Economics of supply-demand and monoploy also play a part. I think HDB also has alot of catch-22 scenarios which are hard to solve (despite all the 'highly paid talent') because its simply is a case of alot of things not within control.

Imagine, you make new house price low, then resale price drops drastically - Those who bought high or looking at asset appreciation kpkb; Then private housing people also kpkb say you make their values drop, or everyone buy private and push private beyond rich except to elite spenders... vicious circle that all boils down to kiasuism, greed and non-community mentality. Sadly Singapore.

Edited by adrian_john