Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
carrot4

Mattress Needed!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
top up $699 for a serta bed frame, change material at no surcharge

i find sophiscation is much firmer, providing support to my spine.

ya.. i feel tat sophiscation's feels better bt there's abt 1k we need to top up :P

think 699 is ok for a bedframe ba....

yeah 699 for a bed frame is pretty ok

If im getting the cellini sofa package, most likely i will get cellini bedframe as well, but what i worry is

not sure if the cellini bedframe can hold the matteress weight.

yah lor, 1k different between both matteress

hehe, so im checking if i can scrimp on some other stuffs to make up the difference :P

yeah 699 for a bed frame is pretty ok

If im getting the cellini sofa package, most likely i will get cellini bedframe as well, but what i worry is

not sure if the cellini bedframe can hold the matteress weight.

yah lor, 1k different between both matteress

hehe, so im checking if i can scrimp on some other stuffs to make up the difference :P

ya... think it's better to get back serta bedframe coz the support is sure there...

Big Brands is the way to go.

The big brands are

Sealy, Simmons, Slumberland, Serta, KingKoil, Dunlopillo, Four Star.

Everything else, you are taking a chance.

oiii Sam..., where's my Omazz ?? :o

Edited by firehorse

Hi,

Anyone keen to take over my Magic Koil Elegance King size hydraulic storage bed frame? Just delivered on Wednesday (12 August 09). Bought from Defu furniture. Selling because my daughter refuse to sleep on her single bed and wants to sleep with us. But with my 10" mattress on the bed frame, it is too high and will be dangerous if she falls off the bed. Letting go at a loss and will pay for delivery charges. Genuine buyers only!! Viewing can be arranged. Pls sms me 98766304. To let go fast. Email me for pics. t_tottot@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks!

I jus bought queen sized matterss Sweetdreams brand, model Aquarius. Pocketed spring with latex top. Salesperson said its made in Malaysia and quite known there. Anybody can give feedback on this brand. We tried around a few mattress and found this mattress which felt comfortable both on body and pocket. Other similar mattress which felt similar are priced 1.5k upwards just for mattress without bedframe. Out of our budget.

Edited by kru

Hi kru,

For me, I would rather go for Magic Koil rather than SweetDreams anytime... cos Spore made vs Malaysia made. =P

mmh.. btw, is SweetDream the one using Felicia Chin as the face in their adverts?

Anyway, I was told by the guys from www.dreamzzzllp.com that Magic Koil have latex mattress liao... I was shopping around with hubby over the weekend and had decided to get Magic Koil's Comfort Sleep but was recommended to try out the latex range first... guy say can gimme good prices as just launched.

mmh.. means more shopping for me n hubby.. =P

Cheers

Hi missyv,

I had also received an email from dreamzzz that Magic Koil is launching the latex mattresses... they even send me pictures!! =)

Do let me know after you had tried as I am busy with work for the next few weeks to do any mattress shopping.

Thanks

Hi kru,

For me, I would rather go for Magic Koil rather than SweetDreams anytime... cos Spore made vs Malaysia made. =P

mmh.. btw, is SweetDream the one using Felicia Chin as the face in their adverts?

Anyway, I was told by the guys from www.dreamzzzllp.com that Magic Koil have latex mattress liao... I was shopping around with hubby over the weekend and had decided to get Magic Koil's Comfort Sleep but was recommended to try out the latex range first... guy say can gimme good prices as just launched.

mmh.. means more shopping for me n hubby.. =P

Cheers

Got Sweetdreams mattress+bedframe at less than 1k. Other mattresses which have similar feel all priced higer. without bedframe. Was the Magic Koil latex range launch price very attractive?

Edited by kru

Hi kru,

I was quoted last nite for Magic Koil full latex mattress queen + bedframe @ less than $1500 (with 2 x latex pillows FOC)...

Sound like a good deal but still considering... cos bedframe not really need to change. =)

Dear All

May I just gv some comments?

When I got married 5yrs ago, we were very tight on budget, hence bought from a shop at IMM, a Magic Koil Orthopaedic mattress. Back then the price was close to 1k.

We tot it was rather comfy until 3yrs later, we started hearing some springs squeaking. We tried to tahan sleeping on it cos afterall 1k for 3yrs when it's said warranty for 10yrs.

Till tis yr, hb couldn't take it anymore. His backache was getting worse. No choice, we've decided to do some mattress shopping. I also found the Top 10 mattress link & went ahead & target at the few big brands.

We tried Simmons, Slumberland, Serta & we didn't quite like it. Then we tried on Sealy & given clear explanation on how the coil system works, we were certain this would suit us best in terms of value for $$. The lady actually asked if we were side or back sleeper & frm there she recm the appropriate firmness for us. Besides Sealy holds a 10yr guarantee (not warranty) on their coil system. They also assured, a gd mattress will not keep u tossing whole night thru.

Guarantee -> if there is any defect on the coil, no qns ask & they will do a 1 to 1 exchange or something similar if the model is obselete. No extra costs involved.

Warranty -> they can b at ur service bt w/ charges applicable

Since the day we started sleeping on it 2mths back, hb & I + my boy hv been sleeping on the mattress. & it's true, my boy hardly tossed & I hv nt heard hb complaining backache like he used to do.

Gd mattress is worth investing, if you can afford. We try to convince ourselves, 3k+ over 10yrs over 365 days, how much is the mattress worth only? & the lady commented, a gd mattress can even last as long as up to 15yrs.

Some of my gfs bought Simmons & they also liked it v much - Beautyrest I think. My gf's cousin paid a 12k mattress at Robinsons somemore.. I would hv bought the Unicased range if we hv much $$ to afford; hb was so tempted to pay via instalments for a 7k mattress!

After all these shopping, then we understand y would some ppl pay so much for a mattress cos the comfort is there. Ur back is impt, dun let a too cheap mattress ruin it or u will regret for the rest of the live.

In terms of firmness, it's v individual, some ppl like the super plush feel of the mattress, while some like to slp on super firm mattress. For me, I rather take a medium range. Anyway as days go by we your mattress seasons, it will also get softer. Do note - latex is def more durable & airier interms of memory foam.

If u r comparing Courts, Taka, vs the boutiques, I was told, those range at dept stores are custom-made for them. It's still their brands, just tat it's nt the same. You can say the range in boutiques are the Premium range. If u want a difference, go for Premium at the boutiques; if not pay a visit at the dept stores. Few mths back Robinsons actually did a trade-in offer of $600, on top of their promo price. Do check out wats on offer at the dept stores b4 u sign on the dotted line.

We bought our bedframe at Courts Bt Timah, King size for abt $800. Those at boutiques were nt exactly manufactured by them; they all also prob took frm the same supplier & put them under their brand. Hence the lady told us, if we can find a cheaper one outside by all means.

Happy shopping :)

Edited by Bighead

Hi Big Head,

Many thanks for sharing.

Of cos everyone would love to be able to afford and to have brands like Simmons and Sealy. =)

But we really cant afford... haha.. btw, i read thru a blog while doing my shopping and found that wat was written in it have in some ways counter what you had shared...

Anyway, it was not really happy shopping after all.. haha... Head also giddy liao. =P

Cheers

http://www.slate.com/id/93956/