Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ignition

Instant Water Heater Recommendations And Advice

Hi all

I understand this topic has been discussed to an extent in previous threads but hope folks in the forum can help to clear some doubt from me and provide some recommendations

Previously, I came across this discussion, that to enjoy the experience of a rain shower, a storage heater should be installed rather than instant water heater. Is this true and why is this so? Are there any instant water heater allowing a rain shower to fitted?

I m looking at getting 2 instant water heater units for my HDB home. I suppose the instant water heater purchase come with the shower head?

To change this shower head, is there any requirements to factor in when making the new shower head purchase?

Finally, any instant water heater brand/model to recommend and locations to get a good bargain to for them?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

I have shortlisted the following panasonic models

DH-3BS1 retailing $169 at HN

DH-3BB1 retailing $209 at HN

Any folks having experience with these water heaters?

Are there other places to get good bargain for the above?

Bought 2 water heaters last mth and I had been using it since 01-May. Installed the cheaper model, Mistral, model # MSH 3 @$99 for my common bathroom and 707, model Compact @ $185. Prices r nett price. So far so good for both.

I have a NATIONAL brand Instant Water Heater Model DH-351 S. Purchased more than 10 years ago. NATIONAL brand had since changed to Panasonic. This is still in very good working condition. I bought this as it was the only brand and model with Electronic Temperature Control for extremely stable water temperature at that time. I am 100% satisfied with this.

I bought another brand recently for my other bath room because I wanted a Instant Water Heater with built-in Water Pump to increase water pressure of shower jet. I can't find a Panasonic model with Pump at this time.

Unfortunately, I would say I regretted buying a pump model as the motor pump is noisy when turned on. I end up not using this feature. I paid a couple of S$10s more for the optional pump feature. Will only use when water pressure decreases.

I will not indicate the brand though. Just be careful when choosing a heater with pump. Some have indicated that they have silent ones.

FYI, most Instant Water Heaters come with Electronic Temperature Control these days. And prices are well below S$200.

I have a NATIONAL brand Instant Water Heater Model DH-351 S. Purchased more than 10 years ago. NATIONAL brand had since changed to Panasonic. This is still in very good working condition. I bought this as it was the only brand and model with Electronic Temperature Control for extremely stable water temperature at that time. I am 100% satisfied with this.

I bought another brand recently for my other bath room because I wanted a Instant Water Heater with built-in Water Pump to increase water pressure of shower jet. I can't find a Panasonic model with Pump at this time.

Unfortunately, I would say I regretted buying a pump model as the motor pump is noisy when turned on. I end up not using this feature. I paid a couple of S$10s more for the optional pump feature. Will only use when water pressure decreases.

I will not indicate the brand though. Just be careful when choosing a heater with pump. Some have indicated that they have silent ones.

FYI, most Instant Water Heaters come with Electronic Temperature Control these days. And prices are well below S$200.

Hi, I have used Mistral before cos the salesman said they use copper storage tanks not plastic. But the temperture control mechanism is not very durable that I cannot control the temperature cos its loose after only 2 years. So I'm bypassing Mistral and currently using Prime but looking at 707 or Joven for my new home. I've checked and most shops sell 707 above $200 and the cheapest is $190 at IMM and AMK. Any suggested retailers to recommend?

I am using a brand that is said to be a spin-off of 707.

It has copper storage tank. Think I bought it for $140 or was it $170? haha. Can try some of the shophouses at Geylang.

One thing I don't like about it is that it has only 3 temperature settings. The medium (2nd) setting is too hot and the 1st temperature setting is too cold. Adjusting the finer temperature knob and the water flow decrease. =/

I swear by Alpha & 707 :good:

Hiya was wondering if you or anyone knows if Champs water heaters = 707 water heaters? was looking around for a water heater like 707 and a salesperson told me that Champs and 707 comes from the same company and is just as reliable was wondering if that is true?

Heard that Prime water heater company is no longer in operation

I wonder if their warranty for their products is still valid :(

Hi,

Nice to meet you. I am new to Renotalk and hopefully I could get good advice from my seniors :)

Actually, I am looking for reliable instant water heater set for the two bathrooms of my resale 3NG flat. As far as I scrutinized, I found that 707 Princeton and Protex are both highly rated but at the same time, there are some negative reviews as well. It would be great if you can share your experiences and recommendation. By the way, I have a few requirements for the water heater:

- Higher liter per minute (simply put, more water)

- Larger shower head

Some suggested that mounted tank with rain shower would be a good option but it is not a viable option for me.

Thanks for your valuable advice and suggestion!

Thurein

Edited by Thurein

Most instant water heaters are specified as 8L/min, and rated at 3KW

I tried to mess around with these figures, and these are my observations.

Instant shower heaters provide u with a cheap looking low flow showerhead, that effectively limits the flow to 8L/min.

U can simply change the showerhead to those multifunction nice looking ones designed for use with storage heaters, to achieve a higher flowrate, assuming the incoming water supply has the pressure to support it.

BUT.. because the flowrate is much faster than the designed 8L/min, the water spends little time in contact with the heating element, the water does not get heated up sufficiently! The difference in temperature is minimal, but when u turn the mixer smaller, the water temp rises.

In conclusion.. there is not much we can do about the flowrate. I prefer to get those bigger boxes type compared to the small size one simply because whenever we are dealing with heat, it's better to put electronic boards as far away from them, and get as much cooling space as possible. BTW, I am a fan of Joven water heaters.

Most instant water heaters are specified as 8L/min, and rated at 3KW

I tried to mess around with these figures, and these are my observations.

Instant shower heaters provide u with a cheap looking low flow showerhead, that effectively limits the flow to 8L/min.

U can simply change the showerhead to those multifunction nice looking ones designed for use with storage heaters, to achieve a higher flowrate, assuming the incoming water supply has the pressure to support it.

BUT.. because the flowrate is much faster than the designed 8L/min, the water spends little time in contact with the heating element, the water does not get heated up sufficiently! The difference in temperature is minimal, but when u turn the mixer smaller, the water temp rises.

In conclusion.. there is not much we can do about the flowrate. I prefer to get those bigger boxes type compared to the small size one simply because whenever we are dealing with heat, it's better to put electronic boards as far away from them, and get as much cooling space as possible. BTW, I am a fan of Joven water heaters.

Hi Yoongf,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Could you suggest how much it will cost to install storage heater? Rough estimate will do. I was told that it will take 20 mins to wait for the water to get heated up. Is that true? Is there any restrictions for old HDB flat?

Thanks

Edited by Thurein