Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nottimonster

Rubber Vs Laminate Flooring

Same or a bit expensive depend on what brand of laminate floor u use. :D But my is not something like the website. It made of PVC rather than rubber.

Hi Jaskel,

Thanks to this thread and your sharing find this interesting and useful.

Wonder how long you have this installed?

Is it durable?

Love to hear from you soon : )

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

PVC/Rubber flooring indeed looks very nice and real. I had a chance to be briefed about the product by a brand called Forbo (if i'm not mistaken....is from Swiss I think) when we were sourcing for flooring materials. However, the price was almost 3 times of laminate flooring...hence, we decided to go back to using laminate flooring.

Cheers

Hi Jaskel,

Is it durable?

hey people, on the subject of rubber tiles, has anyone came across rubber studded tiles ? Mainly used commercially (my office lift), are they ok for kitchen ? Will water seep through between the lines ?

rubber-stud-flooring-LARGE.jpg

Artigo%20BS%20classic%20Disp.jpg

Just found a contractor willing to do vinyl/rubber tiles for my 3 rooms for me

One of the samples he showed me was this type of design. But we choose the timber floor look type of tiles instead

Just found a contractor willing to do vinyl/rubber tiles for my 3 rooms for me

One of the samples he showed me was this type of design. But we choose the timber floor look type of tiles instead

hey kajua, cool ! timber lookalike rubber tiles. Got pics ?

You mean many contractors declined to do vinyl/rubber tiling? Anyway, mind sharing whats the cost psf ? can pm me if its not convenient.

hey kajua, cool ! timber lookalike rubber tiles. Got pics ?

You mean many contractors declined to do vinyl/rubber tiling? Anyway, mind sharing whats the cost psf ? can pm me if its not convenient.

Yeah not many contractors do vinyl flooring. I been searching for one who was willing to do it since 2007. I asked my ID to source for me, I ask my office estate guy to source for me and they could not find any. I even email some of the distributors and retailers all never respond

Got no pics of the tiles cause I only saw the sample and just choose. Work starts soon if all goes well. I can take a pic and post it here when its done

But there was quite a selection. There were homogenous tiles look alike, timber floor look a like, the rounded ones

Yeah not many contractors do vinyl flooring. I been searching for one who was willing to do it since 2007. I asked my ID to source for me, I ask my office estate guy to source for me and they could not find any. I even email some of the distributors and retailers all never respond

Got no pics of the tiles cause I only saw the sample and just choose. Work starts soon if all goes well. I can take a pic and post it here when its done

But there was quite a selection. There were homogenous tiles look alike, timber floor look a like, the rounded ones

Hmm... base on some findings and discussions.. was told that the vinyl flooring was not recommended as it's not lasting as compared to laminate and tiles. Esp the older folks straight away tell me don't bother to think about vinyl flooring..

May be that is the reason many distributors and retailers don't carry this kind of product anymore?

hey people, on the subject of rubber tiles, has anyone came across rubber studded tiles ? Mainly used commercially (my office lift), are they ok for kitchen ? Will water seep through between the lines ?

rubber-stud-flooring-LARGE.jpg

Artigo%20BS%20classic%20Disp.jpg

Yes got this product...very hard to said...especially the edges. Better don't use it on kitchen.

Hi Jaskel,

Is it durable?

After 6 month living with it....I took some pictures to share.

Hmm... base on some findings and discussions.. was told that the vinyl flooring was not recommended as it's not lasting as compared to laminate and tiles. Esp the older folks straight away tell me don't bother to think about vinyl flooring..

May be that is the reason many distributors and retailers don't carry this kind of product anymore?

Is it? The one who prefer the vinyl flooring were the older folks in the family. The said laminates no good, cause cannot do wet moping

You know older people when they mop its always very wet , magic clean they also dont like, cause waste money, use and throw use and throw. So not much choice if I do not want to hack

Anyway vinyl flooring should last, the exisitng ones I have are already almost 40 years old and we never really maintain them. Just that now the glue they use is no longer holding the tiles, so I had to find someone to change them

Edited by kajua

Just got my rooms relaid with vinyl tiles...here what they look like

02112009030.jpg

02112009031.jpg

Work was expected to take 3 to 4 days for 4 rooms including dismantle of old tiles and laid new one

But they took 1 day to do everything. Only thing was they did not really scrap off the old 40 year old glue. The tiler said the old glue stuck on the cement no point scrapping off, just overlaid

Was quite apprehensive about it cause worried it might not stay stuck on it. But after all work was completed it looked good. They even uses plaster the edges of the tiles near the wall so that water wont seep in below