Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shingirl

Our First Apartment

After 3 years of waiting for property price to come down, we finally get our apartment within 2 weeks of intensive house viewing.

It's totally god's blessing because we need to move in to our own house before our wedding next feb. Therefore, after viewing this house, we offer a price which is 65K below the owner's asking price. The agent was shocked when we offered a 1% deposit of our price on the spot and 'force' him to pass to the owner. After one week of praying, the owner accepted our price. =)

Anyway we are first timer buying a house, and i really dunno what i should do now. I can only collect the keys 3 months later, and need to have the house ready by end of the year.

please advise

Here's my little 928 sqft apartment =)

plan.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your house is a condo? Come with built-in cabinets in rooms and kitchen?

Are the floors in living, dining, kitchen and room already done?

Congrats on your new place! :D It's a good deal to be able to get 65k below owner's asking price...most of the time when I was viewing house, i don't even dare to offer below valuation haha...

It is not a HDB unit right? Where is it located at?

I think after you collect the keys, then you can start the renovation...but before that you can always consult an ID firm or contractor to help out with the design of your house. Is your unit already vacant or the owner is still living there?

Edited by worldangel

Congrats on your new place! :D It's a good deal to be able to get 65k below owner's asking price...most of the time when I was viewing house, i don't even dare to offer below valuation haha...

It is not a HDB unit right? Where is it located at?

I think after you collect the keys, then you can start the renovation...but before that you can always consult an ID firm or contractor to help out with the design of your house. Is your unit already vacant or the owner is still living there?

It is now ok to offer below valuation. We got our 5RM at 40K below valuation!

Your house is a condo? Come with built-in cabinets in rooms and kitchen?

Are the floors in living, dining, kitchen and room already done?

ya it's a condo........ comes with cabinet in rooms and kitchen......

marble living room and parquet bedroom.......

however the previous owner is still single when she bought the house........... so the kitchen is totally brand new........ but the living room and bedrooms has been ID-ed by her....... but it was soooooo........ 'single'....... not suitable for couple and kids.....

therefore need to re-do.... =)

Edited by shingirl

worldangel: the unit is vacant because the owner got married last year and move to stay with her husband =)

sand: not sure all condo 3 months or not........ because bank tell me they need 10-12 weeks? if i buy CASH, then 4 weeks..... haha......... no $ buy cash la

booy: it's at joo chiat place... actually i din bargain.... i just view the house at 12pm.... then my husband like it cos the unit number is the same as his parents' flat... then 3pm my mum go and see.... she say ok...... then 7pm my dad go and see....... and ask me quickly issue a cheque. then i just issue the cheque and ask then agent help me lor. but of cos during the time in between i went to check the valuation price with the banks la.....lol.....

It is now ok to offer below valuation. We got our 5RM at 40K below valuation!

haha yea...I think depends on the location also...somehow the area I was targeting all selling at valuation or above valuation leh (around 5k cov). Somemore before we went to buy ours already got a buyer who offered 5k cov so we have to top that :(