Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lipton

Room Painting And Wardrobe

I would like to paint my room and do a wardrobe.

Does painter in the market entertain single room painting? The room is about 185 square feet. I would have paint the room myself but some of the ceiling paint are peeling so i guess the help of experts is required.

For the wardrobe, I am looking for one with sliding doors about 250cm tall, 150cm wide, 66cm in depth. Actually I am eyeing an Ikea one but was told that it is not durable. Should I get a carpenter to do one or just buy it off Ikea? Which one would be cheaper? If I get a carpenter, can he make one that is similar to Ikea, including the accessories?

Would appreciate any contacts. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I would like to paint my room and do a wardrobe.

Does painter in the market entertain single room painting? The room is about 185 square feet. I would have paint the room myself but some of the ceiling paint are peeling so i guess the help of experts is required.

For the wardrobe, I am looking for one with sliding doors about 250cm tall, 150cm wide, 66cm in depth. Actually I am eyeing an Ikea one but was told that it is not durable. Should I get a carpenter to do one or just buy it off Ikea? Which one would be cheaper? If I get a carpenter, can he make one that is similar to Ikea, including the accessories?

Would appreciate any contacts. :)

anyone?

For the painting part, i think u can handle it yourself. But for the peeling ceiling it is best to scrape it off then repaint so that the paint is more lasting.

(won't peel off so fast)

For your wardrobe, why not go to the hdb type furniture shop. I bought my wardrobe there so far so good and the boss quite friendly mah.

S&C furniture @

Block 338, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 Street 32,

#01-1647

Singapore 560338

See the below thread for more info.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

For the painting part, i think u can handle it yourself. But for the peeling ceiling it is best to scrape it off then repaint so that the paint is more lasting.

(won't peel off so fast)

For your wardrobe, why not go to the hdb type furniture shop. I bought my wardrobe there so far so good and the boss quite friendly mah.

S&C furniture @

Block 338, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 Street 32,

#01-1647

Singapore 560338

See the below thread for more info.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

Becos of the peeling paint, I rather have an expert to help, also to help patch up some of the holes caused by nails. But becos it is a very small scale paint job (185 square ft room), not sure if anyone will take up the job.

S & C furniture seems pretty good, gonna go down one of these days to see if they have a wardrobe that can match my room nicely. Ceiling is pretty high, hard to find one that suits.

Looking for expert to do the job is good also. At least you won't get your hand dirty. But sometimes quite costly. From what i know, this kind of peeling your could call up HDB ppl to see whether they could help you solve.

I remember my MIL call up HDB regarding the flaky and peeling paint on the kitchen ceiling. They came down and have a look before they took up the job. As it was also part of the HDB responsibility due to the waterproofing layer wear and tear.

They scrap away the old paint. Repaint sealant then apply new coat of paint for the whole kitchen ceiling at a cost of $80.

Maybe u could check with HDB 1st.

I think they have a list of minor repair contractor.

The standard height for HDB house is 2.4 metre unless u got a L-Box. You better take a measuring tape to measure the height from floor to ceiling 1st before buying a wardrobe.

Looking for expert to do the job is good also. At least you won't get your hand dirty. But sometimes quite costly. From what i know, this kind of peeling your could call up HDB ppl to see whether they could help you solve.

I remember my MIL call up HDB regarding the flaky and peeling paint on the kitchen ceiling. They came down and have a look before they took up the job. As it was also part of the HDB responsibility due to the waterproofing layer wear and tear.

They scrap away the old paint. Repaint sealant then apply new coat of paint for the whole kitchen ceiling at a cost of $80.

Maybe u could check with HDB 1st.

I think they have a list of minor repair contractor.

The standard height for HDB house is 2.4 metre unless u got a L-Box. You better take a measuring tape to measure the height from floor to ceiling 1st before buying a wardrobe.

I stay in private property, can't call HDB. :(

I was quoted $240+ for a 185 sq ft room. Walls will be painted with ICI light and space and normal paint for ceiling.

Is this reasonable?