Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
firestarter

System 4 Aircon, Recommendations Pls

hi all,

i am looking for an inverter system 4 air con for my new place?

budget around 3.5k~4k

was also wondering if getting a combination of a system 3 for my rooms and a system 2 for my living/dining would be better than a system 4..

opinions/recommendations pls ...

tia

Edited by firestarter

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I'm using system 4 from Mitsubishi, Starmex for my living room and 3 bedrooms. I've install a door for my kitchen so the aircon from the living room doesnt escape to the kitchen. It depends on how big your living room is and whether you are doing open kitchen concept. Also, what is the possibility of you switching on aircon in all your rooms at any one time... that would affect your choice of system.

actually all depend on your usage and how big is the living/dinning room. so far for invertor sys4 most will recommend Mitsubishi.

my living/dining is about 37.5sqm .. how much BTU would be sufficient?

unlikely that all 4 unit will be switched on at a single time, max maybe living + 2bedrooms

pepperminty: how much does your sys4 cost you if you don't mind sharing? did you buy it recently? what would be a good price for a decent sys4 now?

ahockz: went to gain city and courts .. seems like the variety for sys4 is quite limited .. i was even contemplating on getting sys3 for rooms + sys2 for living/dining... but that would definitely cost more than a sys4 ... noticed your sys4 cost $2718 .. that's quite a good price .. non-inverter? was thinking between inverter and non inverter too .. in the end the saving on electricity dunno will make up the price difference anot .. haha ..

do you guys think my budget is sufficient?

any place you could recommend that i try?

Hi firestarter,

I've just finished renovation for my house...so it's very recent. heh. Mine costs about $3800 for inverter. I think your budget is okie. The person who did my aircon was my FIL's contact. Perhaps you can try gain city. Heard they are quite reputable. The aircon person would be able to advise you how much btu you need and recommend the type of system.

Hi firestarter,

I've just finished renovation for my house...so it's very recent. heh. Mine costs about $3800 for inverter. I think your budget is okie. The person who did my aircon was my FIL's contact. Perhaps you can try gain city. Heard they are quite reputable. The aircon person would be able to advise you how much btu you need and recommend the type of system.

cool, sounds like a good deal .. lucky you to have FIL contacts .. haha ..

what's the spec of your sys4 in terms of BTU?

i dun really like gain city too ..

all the sales person there are like those lao bengzz ..

went to the branch at causeway point to enquire about the various sys4 ..

the "uncle" not only did not make any recommendations .. he kept telling me that the price quoted/displayed is not accurate until he send somebody down to my place to see the requirements .. just give me the feeling that he just can't wait for me to leave so that he can go for dinner ... heard many complains about their workmanship also .. so a bit reluctant to get there .. LOL ..

actually thought those independent shops should be able to give a better deal?

Hi firestarter,

Oh, I thought gain city's workmanship is good...maybe things have changed. haha. btw, are you getting a contractor or ID to do your house? Perhaps you can ask for their contact?

Mine is 18 BTU for the LR and 9 for the 3 rooms each.

haizz, just popped over to my unit and realised that the old setup was sys3 + sys2 .. so no choice .. think i have to get this setup instead of sys4 ..

got a quote today from aircon gallery at IMM and was quoted $3850 for the MHI inverter sys3 + ME non-inverter sys2 ..

this is the road show price plus a few $50 lighting voucher and $120 service voucher ..

no piping needed for me coz current setup all concealed ..

good deal?

but the salesman pressured me to commit and say have to commit by today to get this price .. didn't give in to his pressure tactics though .. will try to get the same price tomolo .. or hopefully a better deal .. keke ..