Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
voxy

Just To Share B4 I Leave

My living room with hifi setup. Design by me and built by Mudian..... 4 yrs ago.

Place is Savannah Condopark, 1457sq ft 4 bedder.

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

This is how it looks as you enter.

IMG_2174.jpg

Will post the rest later

Edited by voxy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Bro,

At last I see something related to hifi ... nice stuff. Please share more on your design especially on cable management. I am planning to redo my HT setup and hence the interest.

btw where are are leaving to?

My living room with hifi setup. Design by me and built by Mudian..... 5 yrs ago.

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

Will post the rest later

Hi Bro,

At last I see something related to hifi ... nice stuff. Please share more on your design especially on cable management. I am planning to redo my HT setup and hence the interest.

btw where are are leaving to?

Thanks

Moving from Simei to East Coast Rd. :D

Will post cable management. All cables are hidden but running them is a big pain.

My next set up will go ICEpower... save more space and can hide inside the console. :P

Oh ic .. :)

Let me guess ... going for BC amps? Are you going to design your new TV console all over again? Any plans for PJ? Sorry to ask so many questions but incidentally these are some of the things I am planning to do. Hope you dun mind.

Thanks

Moving from Simei to East Coast Rd. :D

Will post cable management. All cables are hidden but running them is a big pain.

My next set up will go ICEpower... save more space and can hide inside the console. :P

Oh ic .. :)

Let me guess ... going for BC amps? Are you going to design your new TV console all over again? Any plans for PJ? Sorry to ask so many questions but incidentally these are some of the things I am planning to do. Hope you dun mind.

BC is a bit ex and uses the lower end Ice modules.... I going for new Rotels 5 x 250W Icepower. They are newly improved modules from B&O, should have more than enuf for my trust worthy Sonus Faber GP.

BTW, my rear speakers are in ceiling type. JBL 120W. You can see the 3rd pix I uploaded. This keep the lines symmetrical.... will be keeping similar set up in new place.

What is PJ?

Edited by voxy

Very neat with the in ceiling.

PJ=Projector ... This is a tough one because normally will be protruding if you mount on the ceiling. Else would need to place in some cabinate.

Proper planning needed to hide the wires as well.

BC is a bit ex and uses the lower end Ice modules.... I going for new Rotels 5 x 250W Icepower. They are newly improved modules from B&O, should have more than enuf for my trust worthy Sonus Faber GP.

BTW, my rear speakers are in ceiling type. JBL 120W. You can see the 3rd pix I uploaded. This keep the lines symmetrical.... will be keeping similar set up in new place.

What is PJ?

Very neat with the in ceiling.

PJ=Projector ... This is a tough one because normally will be protruding if you mount on the ceiling. Else would need to place in some cabinate.

Proper planning needed to hide the wires as well.

If you go PJ.... false ceiling is a must. So if the ceiling is not higher than 3M, the room will look cluttered. I once saw someone put the projector on a built in shelve right at the other end of the wall above the sofa. I think it is ok but too close to the screen. Unless the living rm has more than 5M of depth, I wont put PJ. I am also more stereo than movie buff, so big screen not most critical.

Most impt is neat and safety.... bec got toddler. Next house also got depth constrain. Think only 5m.

ur garden is very nice :)

Thanks... using semi hydro for less maintenance. Staying in private estate does help to prevent thieves from stealing small pots of plants. I will usually rotate the pots inside and outside to change the appearance. Very cheap and good way to change the look in the house.

Thanks... using semi hydro for less maintenance. Staying in private estate does help to prevent thieves from stealing small pots of plants. I will usually rotate the pots inside and outside to change the appearance. Very cheap and good way to change the look in the house.

can share more abt your garden? cz wifey wants to have plants but i'm trying to minimise clutter and your solution seems to be a good compromise for us. What's hydro? you mean hydroponics? how to implement that? And the racks you use for holding the plants also very neat leh. Where to get?

can share more abt your garden? cz wifey wants to have plants but i'm trying to minimise clutter and your solution seems to be a good compromise for us. What's hydro? you mean hydroponics? how to implement that? And the racks you use for holding the plants also very neat leh. Where to get?

THe pots and stand are from Ikea.... cheap cheap to experiment. Total cost less than $100 for the whole look.

What I meant is hydro culture... definition below

Hydroculture is the method of growing plants in an inert medium with water and odourless fertillizer rather than soil.

Hydroculture is easy, clean and you have greater success in raising healthy plants. You can tell at a glance when your plant needs to be watered. It’s simple! No more over or under watering therefore fewer plant losses.

I also did semi hydro for orchids and they are doing fine. You can go to Island at THomson to buy the hydro plants and repot them to get the look. Semi hydro is doen a bit different.... water reservoir below with top soil. I did this bec the plants I bought came with soil..... THe best is to get those plants oredi hydroed then no need soil at all just using clay pebbles as medium. You go to nursury and check these out.... no all plants can do hydro.

You can see it here

http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchidtalk/a...icle-11-12.html

Edited by voxy

THe pots and stand are from Ikea.... cheap cheap to experiment. Total cost less than $100 for the whole look.

What I meant is hydro culture... definition below

Hydroculture is the method of growing plants in an inert medium with water and odourless fertillizer rather than soil.

Hydroculture is easy, clean and you have greater success in raising healthy plants. You can tell at a glance when your plant needs to be watered. It’s simple! No more over or under watering therefore fewer plant losses.

I also did semi hydro for orchids and they are doing fine. You can go to Island at THomson to buy the hydro plants and repot them to get the look. Semi hydro is doen a bit different.... water reservoir below with top soil. I did this bec the plants I bought came with soil..... THe best is to get those plants oredi hydroed then no need soil at all just using clay pebbles as medium. You go to nursury and check these out.... no all plants can do hydro.

You can see it here

http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchidtalk/a...icle-11-12.html

thanks for the help! will see if i can get the wife interested! =)

If I wanna try to grow simple herbs like mint, basil, parsley etc.. is that doable with hydro culture, especially if I'm starting off with....seeds?

If I wanna try to grow simple herbs like mint, basil, parsley etc.. is that doable with hydro culture, especially if I'm starting off with....seeds?

With seeds.... i think not possible. For herbs, I think you need to try semi hydro instead. No harm trying, plants will adapt to survive. If it works, let me know... I will try out at my new place... hee hee.

I think you try both but I reckon herbs thrive better under normal drainage. So choosing the right plant is impt. Best is to go to nursury and ask the gardeners.... you get plenty of info and can narrow down your experiment. :)