Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trevorcantona

The Bling Effect

Hi Rasp,

I got a permit for my windows, but not for the tiles nor the walls hmmmm...

I have 2 walls changed! The first is at the toilet and second between the masterbed room and guest room!!! I shifted them out slightly, for the toilet, i added 0.6m square as in HDB regulations! The second wall cos very wierd, so i made it straight! hmmm...

Maybe I should get uncle to apply for permit!

I have the hacking permit too, jus not for the tiling and construction!!!

sigh.... Wo De Ming hao ku hahaha

Good Morning Trev,

Below is the one for my tiling. You might want to check your permit if there is anything similar.

Don't sigh. Cheer up!! :)

1. Replacement of existing floor finishes with (a) HOMOGENEOUS, (b) HOMOGENEOUS, © HOMOGENEOUS and (d) HOMOGENEOUS floor finishes at (a) COMMON BATHROOM CUM TOILET, (b) KITCHEN, © MASTER BATHROOM CUM TOILET and (d) PRIVATE BALCONY.

a. Maximum thickness including the tiles and screed must not exceed 50mm.

b. To use the prepack mortar/waterproof screed and waterproofing membrane for wet areas such as bathroom/toilets before laying of new floor tiles. Membrane should be upturned (up to 150 mm) against the walls, kerbs and pipes.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi people,

Havent been on forum for some time cos:

1. BOTH my laptop + desktop + even aircon broke down (MUST be 7th month!!!)

2. Then lagi more suay, kanna food poisoning had to stay in hospital for 2 days!!!

3. **** busy with work, now my peak period man, somemore must monitor reno!!!

Anyway, something miraculous happened for once, and i must share with ALL sooners!!!

UNCLE ACTUALLY CHASED ME instead hahahahaha....

Yes, it did happened!!!

He called me twice last week! Although very little work was done, he called me twice to get the pipings in my toilet done (cos supposed to be done by the HDB contractor upgrading my toilet!) and i actually forgot to do it the first time and so he called me on FRIDAY and asked me why it was not done!!! (actually he should know better!) but i was so busy that i forgot but got the pipes settled on Sat and yesterday as usual, NJD!!!

Sigh, uncle uncle, you are really interesting! but at least i know that he is actually doing onsite visit when work's going on!!! ;)

Hi people,

Havent been on forum for some time cos:

1. BOTH my laptop + desktop + even aircon broke down (MUST be 7th month!!!)

2. Then lagi more suay, kanna food poisoning had to stay in hospital for 2 days!!!

3. **** busy with work, now my peak period man, somemore must monitor reno!!!

Anyway, something miraculous happened for once, and i must share with ALL sooners!!!

UNCLE ACTUALLY CHASED ME instead hahahahaha....

Yes, it did happened!!!

He called me twice last week! Although very little work was done, he called me twice to get the pipings in my toilet done (cos supposed to be done by the HDB contractor upgrading my toilet!) and i actually forgot to do it the first time and so he called me on FRIDAY and asked me why it was not done!!! (actually he should know better!) but i was so busy that i forgot but got the pipes settled on Sat and yesterday as usual, NJD!!!

Sigh, uncle uncle, you are really interesting! but at least i know that he is actually doing onsite visit when work's going on!!! ;)

take care trev

Hi People and all Sooners!!!

I had an eventful week making silly purchases and buying food for the workers!

I will be posting some progress pics soon to update on the progress of my reno, however, that said, i would like to ask my fellow sooners and forumers who are with uncle soon:

EVENT 1

First incident happened on Thurs 1 Oct. I received a check from uncle on fri 25 Sept for 12k (that is he pay me back 12k). However on Fri 2 Oct, i received a letter from OCBC informing me that the cheque bounced.

I actually expected it to bounce. However what i did not expect is the following reason: ACCOUNT CLOSED.

I was rather taken aback as I was shocked that uncle gave me a cheque from a closed account!

EVENT 2

The second incident happened to me shortly before i called uncle. The electrician Kelvin called me (I basically have all the sub cons number and uncle also told them to call me so that i can tell them what i wan!!!) to inform me that uncle told him that he is not able to pay Kelvin the initial deposit for the electrical works now. He needs to delay several days. Kelvin asked me to then chase uncle!!

And so i called uncle shortly after the 2 incidents.

He sounded rather pissed or irritated (think should not call him after 3pm!!!!) and told me that he will investigate the reason why the cheque bounced.

Now, i know that uncle is saying it jus to buy time. I am fine with that and I am NOT going to talk to him about it til Mon or Tues (when he is more free and less irritated?!?!). However, he also told me that the electrician is busy and will start later.

Trev :o

P/S: As Uncle has requested, i have modified my post!!!

Edited by trevorcantona

Sorry to hear about your episode with the neighbour downstairs.

Will take that as a warning for my own reno.

Even though I have no reno work planned for the windows...still i will make it a point to warn the neighbour downstairs.

In a way its understandable why she was pissed, but she should have been a bit poilte about it. You didnt do it on purpose...

Trevor, for a start, since you have all the phone numbers of the sub-cons, why don't you give them a call to check on uncle's transactions with them lately, this may help you to find out what situation he may be in. Either it can assure you that nothing is wrong, or if not the other way round... hrm. As the consumer, you have the right to find out.

Edited by SilverBullet

????!!!!?????

trev.... have u spoken to uncle again?

uncle is also askin for my progress payment fm me...

jesslyn, seashell, wht abt u guys?

????!!!!?????

Me too.we just done 3nd payment,total gived uncle 20%*3=60%.

Y must uncle pay u 12k ?

Cos i used uncle's name to borrow $$ from bank and uncle agreed earlier on to return me the $$ as i have already paid him 17k liao! (which is 2/3 of what is owed to him!)

Sorry to hear about your episode with the neighbour downstairs.

Will take that as a warning for my own reno.

Even though I have no reno work planned for the windows...still i will make it a point to warn the neighbour downstairs.

In a way its understandable why she was pissed, but she should have been a bit poilte about it. You didnt do it on purpose...

She is rather old and I think pretty stubborn!

Trevor, for a start, since you have all the phone numbers of the sub-cons, why don't you give them a call to check on uncle's transactions with them lately, this may help you to find out what situation he may be in. Either it can assure you that nothing is wrong, or if not the other way round... hrm. As the consumer, you have the right to find out.

I roughly know his transactions with them! More or less cos I have been around when uncle's making payment.

12K pay for what?

as above hee...

????!!!!?????

Hi Fini!

I have spoken to uncle this afternoon! He says he called me immediately after talking to someone whose house is from AMK!!! I was like okay! Then I realised that maybe i have over speculated!

Me too.we just done 3nd payment,total gived uncle 20%*3=60%.

Oh i have given uncle 17k out of about 25k (the others are due to Ah Wei) = 65% hmmmm... I think i am one of those who has given uncle the most!!!!

Dear All,

I have talked to uncle this afternoon and he has explained to me that he forgot that he has closed the account as the bank is really ulu and very inconvenient for him!! I accepted his reason and he said that he will settle the matter on Mon. As for the electrician, I will talk to him again on Mon and also bout the electrical works to uncle!

Trev