Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Noeltan

Om

I was at the OM outlet at Liang Court with my wife to be at the advise of our designer. We were told that with our tight budget, we might find something we can fit within our purse strings as compared to rather upmarket boutiques.

We were rather impressed by both the range of products and the prices. However we were there just for a look see before getting our designer involved and making a commitment and had made this known to the Salesman whose name we did not get. He graciously backed off and said nicely "do feel free to look around and call me if you need help."

To our dismay, another salesman named Michael butted in and though we said the same thing about only looking around,

he insisted on using his rather aggressive sales pitch on us saying that that was the last day of promotion...he will give us a good price blah blah. We felt rather suffocated and had to pry ourselves away rather forcefully. It did sour our shopping experience somewhat.

However to be fair, the other sales staff in the showroom were rather OK. So maybe this Michael is an exception rather than the norm.

Just wanted to make a point that the service of the staff does not necessary reflect the image of the company or brand as a whole.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

That sort of a normal experience at most furniture shops I have been to.

Last day of sale, unbeatable discounts..etc. Guess its nature of their business and way they are trained.

Positive point is that they will fill you in on any info you require like dimensions, price, material.

Apart from the design and price itself, all other information is also necessary for making final buying decision.

You just have to do your browsing, ask them questions, show interest and in end politely refuse to commit.

Best is to say you like some designs but have to consult your ID before confirming.

You are the customer who is paying, so dont let any salesman bully you into buying.

Hi Noel,

what's the range of prices for sofas that Om quoted you? you mentioned that it's more affordable. i'm scouting around for a good-priced but well designed sofa myself.

THanks alot for the info.

To be honest, I went down to OM @ Liang Court again since I was having dinner with my wife there. Again I did not have the intention of buying but was so impressed with the service of the Manager there that in the end, I committed myself to a whole range of living and dining sets.

The Manager who personally served me was so nice and friendly that my wife and I warmed up to him like an old friend and we were chatting like old friends. He was not pushy at all and even tell us not to be hurried into making up our minds and even told us to go walk and look around.

It was his friendly disposition and quiet confidence in his products that won us over.

Thanks

Edited by Noeltan