Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vodkazhong

How To Get Rid Of The Rockstone Walls Of A 3-room Flat ?

Dear All,

I need help on how to Remove or Re-build on the Rockstone walls of my on-coming 3-room resale flat ?? Great Helps are needed !

I heard need to engage those doing printing of walls or the renovation works one...

How much $$ needed ? Around how long need to be done ?

Anyway, i also have not decide which reno ID / contactors to select... .. . Help !!

Thanks,

Vodkaz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear All,

I need help on how to Remove or Re-build on the Rockstone walls of my on-coming 3-room resale flat ?? Great Helps are needed !

I heard need to engage those doing printing of walls or the renovation works one...

Anyway, i also have not decide which reno ID / contactors to select... .. . Help !!

Thanks,

Vodkaz

Sad to said, no way!!! U need to replaster all the walls.

Dear All,

Thanks,

Vodkaz

Hi,

I'm not sure if my wall is the same as yours. My wall used to be rough which looks like tiny rocks. One way u can do is to smoothen out the wall by using wall plaster. I've asked my contractor to buff them off initially but it was not recommended because it'll incur more cost. Reason being that they have to use machine to buff the wall flat and then plaster it. So to save cost, plastering it over the existing wall seems to be the more economical solution. I've seen the first coat that was done to my wall and I can say it looks great!!! The walls are smooth and rooms looked brighter. But do expect your wall to get thicker by ard 1-2mm due to the layer of plaster. As for the price, it's about $1500 for the plastering of a 4 room. The plastering takes like 3 days to complete but you'll need to wait for 2 more weeks for the plaster to dry and set in.

Hope my info helps.

Regards,

splashboy81

Edited by splashboy81

I recently heard that we can remove the rockstone finish by using paint-stripper (paint remover). Has anybody heard of it? My flat is also having rockstone finish on all the walls and also the PVC pipes :(

Edited by gk1981

I recently heard that we can remove the rockstone finish by using paint-stripper (paint remover). Has anybody heard of it? My flat is also having rockstone finish on all the walls and also the PVC pipes :(

I've never heard of paint stripper before. As for your PVC casing, it'll better be changed to new ones because there's no point in spending time to strip the rockstone finish or plaster. Changing the case will solve it. For my house I've changed all the pvc casing. :P

I've never heard of paint stripper before. As for your PVC casing, it'll better be changed to new ones because there's no point in spending time to strip the rockstone finish or plaster. Changing the case will solve it. For my house I've changed all the pvc casing. :P

How much were you charged for changing the PVC pipes? Also, what did you do about the rockstone finsih of the walls? Any info regarding cost to share?