Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pitchblk111

Shower Screen Price Difference

Hi all,

I am new in this forum and had some questions regarding the price of shower screen. I have gotten a few quotes for shower screens, although they all stated 10mm tempered glass shower screen, the price range from $330 to $550 per set. Why is this so? Is there different grade of tempered glass with the same thicjness? Hope someone can clear my doubts. Thankq.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I am new in this forum and had some questions regarding the price of shower screen. I have gotten a few quotes for shower screens, although they all stated 10mm tempered glass shower screen, the price range from $330 to $550 per set. Why is this so? Is there different grade of tempered glass with the same thicjness? Hope someone can clear my doubts. Thankq.

Basicly there's no difference in terms of thickness. The difference of pricing is because of the mechanizm used.

Basicly there's no difference in terms of thickness. The difference of pricing is because of the mechanizm used.

heard there r slight difference regarding the finishes of the glass edges, tempering by different suppliers also plays a part. think also depends on the size & different design of the layout of the shower screens. ask them properly. mine comes with 2 yrs warranty n its less than $500. its being 3 yrs & still working properly.

wrong. different thickness will give u different pricing.

regarding to the price range differences, I had check with my glass supplier. He say its really varies,

1)Is it really 10mm tempered glass framless shower screen?

2)Is the shower hinges they using is make of brass or stainless steel?(brass & stainless is ok, some are those bathroom holders which looks like stainless steel or polished chrome)

3)The way of installing? (cheap suppliers will remove spring inside the hinges so it can be installed easily without fault-but the door will not be able to close itself at a angle of 15 to 20 degree) but good thing is it will not spoil cos the hinge is already spoil by them !

4)Are they using stainless steel screws?

5)What's the height & length of the shower screen needed?

6)Types of handle?(can hang towels?)

7)Any warranty?

8)Installed by bangadash or chinaman foreman? (at least a local or malaysian foreman in charge of chinaman still ok)

9) & so on...... the rest can't remember lol