Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alamak

Finally... Our Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
air con finally installed today. surprised that gain city called me regarding the email I sent them. :D

What time did they install your aircon? Wondering if we got the same team.

They mount my aircon slanted. :-S

What time did they install your aircon? Wondering if we got the same team.

They mount my aircon slanted. :-S

they came at 11am and finished at 230pm.

slanted? you mean the trunking or the FCU? cos trunking is supposed to be slanted.

slanted? you mean the trunking or the FCU? cos trunking is supposed to be slanted.

actually the trunking is not supposed to be slanted, only the drain pipe inside the trunking has to be slanted.

ikea cabinets are not cheap if you buy drawers. if you buy shelves and cheap door, sure very cheap :D

for me, i want all drawers, so all my kitchen have drawers. ikea uses blum sliding tracks, very good :good:

but the worktop is very cheap, only $55 for my 126cm worktop (about 4ft). cheap means that replacement will not have heart pain. my double bowl sink costs about $500. The 12ft bottom cabinets +worktop cost about $1300 in total. Total bill for 12ft bottom kitchen cabinets+worktop inclusive of 80cm double bowl sink costs $1828. All cabinets have drawers except for sink cabinet.

If you consider cabinets alone, it's about $100pfr. Worktop is about $14 pfr. Very cheap, imho :D

I mount my MBR aircon on the beam that is above the door, 60cm away from the wall that will be my wardrobe area, the wall between bedroom 1 and bedroom 2.

When my aircon people drill hole into my walls, i asked them to use the plaster powder to patch the hole back. Make sure they don't seal the hole with silicone as it will change colour over time. I still have quite a bit of plaster powder left over for future works like patching the hole in my wall due to change of plumbing inlet.

For my house, the aircon people only drilled a hole in the top corner part of my wall between bedroom 1 and bedroom 2, see the following pictures.

I really look up to you for DIYing the reno and still can go into such details on costing etc. I dun have such luxury. Even aircon installation, i also let them do the work themselves after i sort out the trunking route with them. then i am off to work. I dunno they use silicon or plaster powder... but the end result looks quite nice.. Let me take some pics on weekend.....

I am looking at your 2nd and 3rd pic. Why is there 2 beams so close together (2nd pic)? Your MBR got the beam there - is that the original beam which cannot be hacked away? (3rd pic)

Confirmis different team, they reach my place at 1pm.

The FCU is slanted.

Then the trunking (immediately coming out from the FCU) is also slanted upwards (i thought should be downwards if not how water flow?) After that the trunking looks level... all the way for the rest of the route...

actually the trunking is not supposed to be slanted, only the drain pipe inside the trunking has to be slanted.

But i wont know th pipe inside got slanted a not right? For sure the trunking and FCU is already slanted. Maybe inclined at 10 - 15 degrees. One look at see already...

Can call them back to adjust?

I really look up to you for DIYing the reno and still can go into such details on costing etc. I dun have such luxury. Even aircon installation, i also let them do the work themselves after i sort out the trunking route with them. then i am off to work. I dunno they use silicon or plaster powder... but the end result looks quite nice.. Let me take some pics on weekend.....

I am looking at your 2nd and 3rd pic. Why is there 2 beams so close together (2nd pic)? Your MBR got the beam there - is that the original beam which cannot be hacked away? (3rd pic)

2nd pic shows a close up shot of my aircon trunking, you see a U shape, that's the aircon trunking under my beam.

3rd pic shows original beam which cannot be hacked. i mounted my aircon on it. actually all 3 of my FCU are mounted on beams

Confirmis different team, they reach my place at 1pm.

The FCU is slanted.

Then the trunking (immediately coming out from the FCU) is also slanted upwards (i thought should be downwards if not how water flow?) After that the trunking looks level... all the way for the rest of the route...

sounds like your installer not very good

But i wont know th pipe inside got slanted a not right? For sure the trunking and FCU is already slanted. Maybe inclined at 10 - 15 degrees. One look at see already...

you better call their supervisor to complain :D

Edited by ossify

Gain City right? There's installation warranty mah. Call them up and ask them to come and check if you really feel it's not what u want.

you better call their supervisor to complain :D

I dunno who is their supervisor leh, i only have the contact of the sales guy...

Really waste my time leh they all...

I bomb the sales guy tomorrow...

I dunno who is their supervisor leh, i only have the contact of the sales guy...

Really waste my time leh they all...

I bomb the sales guy tomorrow...

:o

When i bought my aircon from natural cool, they assigned me an installer on the spot and gave me the installer's hp number. site visit done with installer and future problems were feedback to the same person.

Gain City right? There's installation warranty mah. Call them up and ask them to come and check if you really feel it's not what u want.

Even if no installation warranty i will still call them back. By the way when i purchase my aircon, i got $100 NTUC vouchers. Do you have it also? If not can try asking for them. Haha.

Even if no installation warranty i will still call them back. By the way when i purchase my aircon, i got $100 NTUC vouchers. Do you have it also? If not can try asking for them. Haha.

yah, even if dun have also can call them.

u bought the panny one? mine is toshiba, no vouchers.

gaincity quite ONZ when people complain... the sales said, if we complain, the installers will risk not being paid...someting like tt..

mine experience also not too good either...

but, close one eye...