Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wywy219

A Home For Us... Finally

yeah....i have gotten over the disappointment. Our Id help to design a bar counter within the kitchen! hehe....a bit "mian2 qiang3" but i don't care! haha .....

Will post the 3D over the weekend. Office computer cannot access many sites :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yeah....i have gotten over the disappointment. Our Id help to design a bar counter within the kitchen! hehe....a bit "mian2 qiang3" but i don't care! haha .....

Will post the 3D over the weekend. Office computer cannot access many sites :(

hi wywy219,

me share ur disappointment of not being able to hack that wall..

found out from hdb tech officer that my block also pre-fab one..

I told him if i just hack how? he say confirm plus chop next time sell

must rebuild wall and pay a penalty...(wonder how much eh?)

was soooo keen on a bar/breakfast counter as well..

but like you, gotten over my disappointment too and now thinking of

getting a standalone bar counter to fit in that lil corner..hehe ;)

hope to see ur latest bar counter design! :paint:

Oops....i haven't posted any pictures yet. Was away from Singapore last weekend and all the site-banning in my company makes it inconvenient to update often.

In any case, we have gotten the revised 3D from ID. Quite happy with it.

We initially planned to moved in by 20th but now looks like it has to be end of the month. Went to check to house on Wednesday night and the wall tiles for kitchen and 2 bathrooms are already up, but haven't done any tiling of floor yet. We sort of foreseen that as the application to hack wall and all the ding-dong took up a few days....

Have talked to the staff from ID firm and got assurance that things will keep moving on :) keeping our finger cross that nothing else will come in the way and we can move in by Xmas. If not we are going to be homeless! Haha..coz we are renting now and already inform the landlord we will move out by end of this month.

by the way, anyone has any contact on those laundry system where you hang all your clothes indoor and then swing the rack out the window? What is it called actually?

We are going to sleep by roadside by end of this month........:(

The reno cannot complete in time and the HO will postpone to early Jan, but we already told our current landlord we will only stay until end of this month. And we have to called up all our suppliers (bed, furniture,.appliances) to postpone all the delivery!

Our new person in charge, Amy is really nice and trying her best to chase up all the ppl to rush the job. She also complained that the tilers took a long time to do the tiling work. Tsk tsk tsk.....

Coming week will be completion of tiling work, electrical/ plumbing work and ceiling work. Bcoz we have to move in soon, she will have to make sure that at least everything in the MBR is done so that we have a place to sleep.....

Yesterday we had a super long discussion with Amy in her office to finalise all the designs....discussed until we got dizzy.....so many things to finalise, the design of all the carpentry work, electrical points, laminates for all the carpentry work, colours of paints....bla bla bla....

We are making changes to some of the designs, especially the kitchen. Hopefully will get the finalized 3D by tmr. To summarize:

1) no more bar counter in the kitchen. We are doing a normal L-shape kitchen, with one of the "column" of the lower cabinet able to be pulled out and acts as a make shift small table.

2) No more black and white kitchen. Hubby is very extra and he thinks black and white too common so he chose silver colour laminates. I hope it will look nice.

and some colour changes on the shoe cabinets, wardrobe etc.

Now i finally get the thrill over the new house. The feeling of witnessing the house becoming nicer is unexplainable!

The tiling of the house is almost done. Plastering also mostly done up except for the the living room bcoz all the "stock" are still stored there. Have to wait till all the tiling done so that the can clear the space.

Some photos:

MBR (last part of floor tiling!)

PC130684.jpg

Think this part will be done by tmr then all the tiling is done!

BR2

PC130685.jpg

BR3

PC130683.jpg

Living area

PC130687.jpg

Dining area

PC130686.jpg

Entrance

PC130675.jpg

Kitchen

PC130676.jpg

Kitchen-left side

PC130678.jpg

Kitchen-right side

PC130679.jpg

Common toilet

PC130680.jpg

Went to check the house just now and all tiling is done. The tile that we reported chipped off had also been replaced. The ID seems to be more perfectionist than we are which is a good thing. haha....